First Grow Ever, Excited, Anxious & A Little Scared

Thanks so much DW!! I was hoping to get some input from you!!

I think about my girls all the time. I always consider them, want to check them, help them, and what's a way to improve their well-being.

You were spot on in encouraging extra veg time. They are in their 9th week. Next Tuesday or so I will flip the 600W LED to flower and reduce their time in light.

My 3x3 is hardly big enough to hold the two. Thinking about expanding to 4x4 or 4x8. If I did the 8 I would need two sources of light.

Looking spot on there H! Keepin em well spreaded mate

Nice one fella - yes i am the same - they are in my mind all the time and i totally believe sending positive energy helps growth - I'm relatively inexperienced but have learnt a lot this last year - I've been quite amazed at the growth powers of this plant - she's so trainable, so flexable - she'll fill whatever space is available eh

Talking about thinking of plants, lemme suggest some reading for you ... Have you ever heard of Cleve Backster?

Thanks DW for the feedback!

I'l look into the reading material(s).

The girls are growing into the sides of the 3x3 so I just ordered a 4x4. I wanted to get the 5x5 bit simply dont have the space.

Will be switching them to flower in just a couple more days. WEEEeeeeee!!!

Primary Perception Research

Unfortunately the book "primary perception: Biocommunication with plants" is well expensive like over a hundred quid :/

The "secret life of your cells" is good tho, very affordable and about his more recent research

Riddle me this:

How do you get good are flow through your tent and block out the light at the same time.

I have switched the girls to flow and adjusted the timer to work within the sunrise/sunset schedule in my area.

The fan on the inside that vents to the outside of the tent causes a vacuum and the plants are getting mushed at the sides as well as growing on top of each other. At this time I have a 3x3 vivosun tent. I wanted the 5x5 but its just too big for my little room so I got the 4x4.

I thought about another dryer vent flexible tube and then having it snake or bend to keep the light from reflecting back in.

Are there any other ideas?

Horace, my tent which is only 3/3 by 6ft. Does the same thing. I found that I use a 4in carbon exhaust going out. I put a 6 in at the bottom inlet and did bend it 90* degree with about 4ft lying on floor. It helps it breath much better with still a slight vacuum. Which is what you want for your filter to work properly. After I bent the flex down I put a towel on the 90 and no light gets in. Gotta be careful using the flex as it gets holes in it. Hope this helps ya out. Do you have inside fans running? That helps.....✌️

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

I found a similar solution myself - grabbed myself four u pvc u bend pipes something like this - a few quid from the local diy superstore

Kitchen Sink U Bend P Trap Waste 76mm Seal 1 1/2" 1.5INCH 40mm 43mm Outlet | eBay

Put two each side in the lower tent vents, pull drawstring tight - also make sure they point downward to reduce light bleed and also i used a black marker pen to colour the pipes in dark so that less light made its way in

The tent will still bow but the u bend pipes will let a decent air flow in and won't get blocked like it could do if u just use the tent vent

Alao handy my tent is in a small room that is kept dark when the girls sleep, makes light hygeine way easier, double protection :)

Also I've got from the same diy / garden superstore two 1.5m metal garden rods coated in plastic to slide in the side of the tent perpendicular between the side corner posts of the tent to stop the tent bowing in at the sides

Couldn't get metal poles in the front or the back due to lack of room

Managed to get a wooden pole 1.5m across the front to brace the tent from bowing

I've got an elasticated SCROG net up and I've weaved the metal poles & the wooden pole thru the side edge of the SCROG net

This also means that the SCROG net covers right up to the edge of 3 of the 4 sides - it's a bit tight but worth the squeeze

Here's a pic of my SCROG, almost nine weeks into bloom

monsters.jpg

Your plants look great Horace... you have any new pics... I was thinking your leaves are getting pretty dark so they might be be getting a little more N than they need... your cal mag probably also has N in it... I could be wrong as I'm also still learning... I'm growing a strawberry Cough clone so I'm excited to see what yours does...

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

They look like they still have some bulking up to do, id give them a little more time. Most strains pack on weight their last couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine

The bigger tent arrived yesterday. I set it up and packed the other away.

One plant was losing the leaves that were smushed. There was simply no room. I also lost leaves for the first time under the canopy.

I lowered the lights a little to give the girls the energy they need.

They have plenty of room to bush freely now. That tent is a huge relief. I could do 4 plants now too!

I can get some of those pipes tomorrow....i think it's a cheaper solution than the vent flex pipe.

Back
Top Bottom