First Post - First Grow - Reserva Privada - Skywalker Kush

Week 3, day 25 of flower, and the girls are looking great! Here's budsite on Jenna.

420-magazine-mobile927885868.jpg

Watering now takes me about 15 mins but it's better than inadvertently starving the girls. Went 5 days between water as the soil was still moist. Today the pots felt light so watered with 1.5l each liquid seaweed and molasses ph'd at 6.7

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Very nice... I just took my Skywalker down.. Nice plant,, even if I haven't dried and tried it yet... Super frosty..
sk114.jpg

Keepem Green

Very nice very nice.. Going to be some nice plump colas. I like that she stretches,, least mine did,, just enough so that the buds can stack up and bunch for a nice main cola.. Alot of the kushs can lean to smaller buddage. GL and Keepem Green

Very nice very nice.. Going to be some nice plump colas. I like that she stretches,, least mine did,, just enough so that the buds can stack up and bunch for a nice main cola.. Alot of the kushs can lean to smaller buddage. GL and Keepem Green

Thanks NorCal, unfortunately mine didn't stretch very much. I think I kept the lights a little too close. They're only about 16in tall, but bushy as hell. Hopefully mine turns out as good as yours but they seem to be growing a lot differently. I'm gonna try back building in week 6 most likely week 7 to try and help fatten the colas up.

Btw thanks for all your help during his first grow of mine.

Beautiful.. I woodn't mess with to much,, maybe just alittle selective defoliation.. SH don't tell,, I hate taking leafs,, but I always take the fans that cover the center of the plants and alittle lolly popping for air flow.. She looks great and is starting to pump out some sparkle for sure... Keepem Green

Beautiful.. I woodn't mess with to much,, maybe just alittle selective defoliation.. SH don't tell,, I hate taking leafs,, but I always take the fans that cover the center of the plants and alittle lolly popping for air flow.. She looks great and is starting to pump out some sparkle for sure... Keepem Green

Thanks for the tip norcali. The fan leaves covering the center are still a little small, should I wait till the get a little bigger?

Update time! We are starting to come to an end. I ran into a nitrogen issue in week 6 flower and added bloom to this organic(not anymore) grow to help with the deficiency. Was really hoping to not have to add anything that wasn't organic, but I didn't want to ruin the guts so close to harvest.

The buds have really fattened up and the smell is starting to piss off the wife lol. Probably gonna extend the flowering stage to 10 weeks.

Only have recent pics of the one that had the N def.

420-magazine-mobile863121929.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1353503246.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1108698466.jpg

420-magazine-mobile145323513.jpg

Learned a lot this first grow. The girls stayed short regardless of a 45 day veg. I'm gonna have to attribute that to my inexperience during the up potting process. I up potted from Dixie cup to 5gal smart pot. I'm thinking it was busy establishing a good root system in such a large pot, therefore it didn't take off vertically. From flip to end of stretch they only grew 8in. Total height of 18-19in

No, it has nothing to do with your grow,, it's all about learning a strain. Some stretch some don't... My Skywalker didn't stretch much either.
And there are different phenos in alot of strains. I've grown tall lanky plants and short bushy ones outta the same batch of seed.. It comes down to learning a plant.. But it can be a crap shoot with seed. If you find the right one,, best thing is to clone. That is to maximize your grow, or you can enjoy growing a different crop everytime. She is looking good.. Keepem Green

No, it has nothing to do with your grow,, it's all about learning a strain. Some stretch some don't... My Skywalker didn't stretch much either.
And there are different phenos in alot of strains. I've grown tall lanky plants and short bushy ones outta the same batch of seed.. It comes down to learning a plant.. But it can be a crap shoot with seed. If you find the right one,, best thing is to clone. That is to maximize your grow, or you can enjoy growing a different crop everytime. She is looking good.. Keepem Green

Thanks for the words of wisdom brotha! Glad to hear I didn't completely muck this up.

Just a idea, if you want to keep an organic grow,, you might want to consider throwing alittle blood meal in your mix.. I think it helps when you have something that needs alittle extra kick. I use blood and bone meal every time. Bone meal is a slow release calcium source, blood is great as a nitrogen source. Getting the right tweak in your mix takes alittle time. Then you need to feed the microbs. Not sure but are you using a tea? But 5-10 mills of molasses every now and then couldn't hurt for microb food. But by week 6 or so,, plants don't need as much nitro,, but a good top dressing with bat crap is a good thing. I like to mix alittle dirt with bat crap and spread it around and work in the top inch or so and water. I do that like week 2 or 3 of flower. GL and Keepem Green

The best thing about organics and soil is it's forgiving... As hydro isn't. To many things can go wrong when you are god.. I found plants do grow in veg, alot faster in hydro,, but about the same speed, when in flower. But like you said, so many ways to grow,, and so many strains,, we are kids in the candy store for sure. And seeing your new to growing,, your a clean slate, and that can be a good thing.. And you need what works for you, but you have a great site to learn the different methods. Me,, I'm a old dog,, and I don't change easily. HID lighting and soil works for me. Don't get me wrong I've grown abit of hydro, but I like the soil. I think you get a better terpene profile from soils. But thats becoming one of the oldest questions,, hydro/organics? But yea it can cost abit to get all the start up bags for soil. 20 here and 20 there add up. But it can be totaly cost effective when you use a living soil.. you add 10 bucks of various mix the soil and your good to grow another crop. Keepem Green

Upgraded to SunSystem 315w LEC. Brought the temps up to 85 during the day. Hopefully my 3x3x7 tent upgrade will bring it back down.

The Mars II 400 and Mars 300w did great, but got a hell of a deal for the SunSystem Neutron reflector, Galaxy Ballast, and 3100k bulb. $300 out the door! Local shop price matched on a sale and beat the price by not charging tax.

Enough of that. Day 61, with a week left till harvest

420-magazine-mobile2098059785.jpg

420-magazine-mobile563731377.jpg

420-magazine-mobile545374264.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1135602876.jpg

Back
Top Bottom