First Grow

if you flower with those bulbs you will be very sad with the outcome. You will have very small buds and the plants themselves will not get very big. though, if the strain is good you will get a nice nug. maybe 3 grams dried. This is from experience growing in an apartment with 100 watts of florescent lights. I would get at least a 400 watt HPS if you are actually wanting to grow a stash for yourself. my opion with what you got going on you will end up with maybe 3 grams of smokable herbs. Best of luck to you.

I am also new to this forum and this is also my 1st year growing. My plants range from 5-7 feet and are in the 5th week of flowering. I wanted to see if I could get away with just using FF cha-ching or should I buy big bloom and or tiger bloom? I started cha-ching yesterday 1tsp per 5 gallon bucket of water, but very afraid of effn my plants up. Please give my some advice???? :morenutes: Here is a pic
weed_pic.jpg

if you flower with those bulbs you will be very sad with the outcome. You will have very small buds and the plants themselves will not get very big. though, if the strain is good you will get a nice nug. maybe 3 grams dried. This is from experience growing in an apartment with 100 watts of florescent lights. I would get at least a 400 watt HPS if you are actually wanting to grow a stash for yourself. my opion with what you got going on you will end up with maybe 3 grams of smokable herbs. Best of luck to you.

3 grams seriously? What would be the best light for the highest yield? Something I can find at lowes, home depot, ect? A light that won't cost 500 plus dollars

Shit I'm watering with honey and miracle gro lol. I wouldn't be that worried if your plants are 7 foot tall. Anything high in phosphorus would be good if you're getting ready to end flowering. It'll cause your plant to use all of her energy on the buds instead of further growth like branches, leaves, ect. Like one of the guys that helps me out on my journal anything is better than miracle gro but if you get lazy or don't have anything else then it's still good to use. I've heard a lot about big bloom/ tiger bloom. Remember to have at least a week of nothing but water before you harvest. And 48 hours of dark also helps for your plants to finish up on her buds. (Plants buds grow during night)

HPS lights will give you the best yield and buds although some people don't always like them because of the heat they produce & the do make your bill higher than any other light that you will choose, LED's I have also found that they are very good now I have a 300w board just & I compared to someone growing under a 500w CFL & turns out the LED done much better they are also very cheap to run the cheapest of all, & they produce no heat! CFL's are okay but you'd need more bulbs & preferably red spec bulbs for their flower, blue spec is good for veg, red for flower, which is why the LED is only really a good idea for the flowering stage..

Plant #2 is about 5.5 inches tall looking awesome! #1 ironically is behind #2 lol only 3 real nodes lanky stem not that developed. So she is going to be my experiment plant! (She smells dank already) I went ahead and FIMed her (I know I know not supposed to do that til later on atleast 4 nodes) but she's my experiment so I decided what the heck. I've been watering them with miracle gro (some people it's crap others it's great. I don't really care I've decided this is going to be a low cost grow now. And I'm too lazy to get other nutrients I just found this in the garage)

It's pretty high in nitrogen I heard that helps the chances plants will be female. I'm using 2 teaspoons to a gallon which is a little much but plants seem to like it. I watered them with it about 5 days ago. Now it's just plain water til tomorrow. No burn yet! This grow is becoming really fun with my little experiments that seem to be a myth to some but not to others (honey in water, high nitrogen-female) hopefully #1 won't die from this FIM lol

Plant #2 is about 5.5 inches tall looking awesome! #1 ironically is behind #2 lol only 3 real nodes lanky stem not that developed. So she is going to be my experiment plant! (She smells dank already) I went ahead and FIMed her (I know I know not supposed to do that til later on atleast 4 nodes) but she's my experiment so I decided what the heck. I've been watering them with miracle gro (some people it's crap others it's great. I don't really care I've decided this is going to be a low cost grow now. And I'm too lazy to get other nutrients I just found this in the garage)

It's pretty high in nitrogen I heard that helps the chances plants will be female. I'm using 2 teaspoons to a gallon which is a little much but plants seem to like it. I watered them with it about 5 days ago. Now it's just plain water til tomorrow. No burn yet! This grow is becoming really fun with my little experiments that seem to be a myth to some but not to others (honey in water, high nitrogen-female) hopefully #1 won't die from this FIM lol

Never heard of higher nitrogen intake increasing the chances of landing a female. Sounds a little far fetched to me...Sounds like things are rolling right along. Got any pics for us?

20140906_222813.jpg
20140906_222849.jpg
20140906_222912.jpg

So far so good number didn't die from FIM or go into shock. Growth is probably going to be slowed Alot though. Everything is looking good except for the twisted/wrinkled leaves on the one in the square pot. I can't figure that out. Oh well genetic I guess. I still have no idea why my pictures are sideways nobody has helped with that.

Any questions let me know and if you want more detailed pics just let me know although they will probably be sideways or upside down.

Love your avatar pic! If you get tired of it you could use the one of Bill Clinton, looking intently over the Korean DMZ through binoculars...with the lens caps on. Wouldn't even need PhotoShopping!

20140910_220737.jpg
20140910_220804_0_.jpg
20140910_221013.jpg

The girls right now. Showing a little bit of nutrient burn on the tips of some leaves but they'll be fine. FIMed the one on the right yesterday and the one on the left a few days ago.

This is now day 20 since the sprouted! They seem a little bit smaller than what I was expecting on day 20. Going to switch to 12/12 lights in a week or so. Maybe sooner or later haven't decided yet. What do Yall think?

I've decided to start flowering on the 20th then it'll be 30 days since they sprouted. Got my bowl of water to bump up the humidity a little. It gets very hot in there during the day. Probably the low 90s I'm starting to have to water them twice a day. Going to move them to bigger pots this weekend. The one on the right has been showing signs of heat stress.

Back
Top Bottom