HeavyChevy59 - First Grow - Mars II 400W - Happy Frog/Ideal 420 Soil - 2015

Being 9 weeks in, have you noticed any difference between the plants and the ratio of Ideal soil? I remember Groot having the highest ratio of Ideal.
As far as the veg goes, would you change the soil ratio in any future grows using the soil?

The girls are looking lovely!

Being 9 weeks in, have you noticed any difference between the plants and the ratio of Ideal soil? I remember Groot having the highest ratio of Ideal.
As far as the veg goes, would you change the soil ratio in any future grows using the soil?

The girls are looking lovely!

Yeah Groot started out with a 50/50 mix of happy frog/ideal 420 soil, MJ had a 70/30 mix, and Scarlett had about a 85/15 mix. The only difference I can see is their size, Groot is the tallest then MJ and Scarlett is the smallest of the three, maybe it was the 420 soil that caused them to grow in that order or maybe it was just a coincidence.

If I was to use ideal 420 soil again I would first start the seedlings in a solo cup and transplant up a couple times using happy frog soil, when I get to the final pot or maybe one before it I would use nothing but ideal 420 soil.

Yes the plants are looking awesome and I am interested in using the soil but im still a little put off with the price and having pretty good results with FFOF but im loving your girls and cant wait to get a good look at your final product :thumb:

What's up everyone we're now 10 weeks in this grow and 1 week of 12/12. All 3 plants are about 2.5ft tall and the light is about 18in from the canopy. I gave them a defol and took just a few little pics, other than that there ain't nothing to report, I'm just impatiently waiting to see buds form.

Before
20150604_195057.jpg

After
20150605_201125.jpg
20150605_201140.jpg
20150605_202613.jpg

I was wondering if you guys thought the leaves looked more indica or sativa, I'd say more sativa right now we'll see if they change any as they progress.
20150605_041322.jpg

Looking good man those plants are looking very happy. And always good to trim the bottom of your plants!! :Namaste:

What's up everybody I'm back with an update, Monday or Tuesday will be 12 weeks for this grow and this past Friday was the start of week 3 of 12/12. MJ started to flower first then Scarlett and Groot was last, when I flipped the light I raised it up to 18" MJ is now 14.5" from the light, Groot is 14", and Scarlett is 11" I know that's kinda close I'll raise it some more when I get off work. I think I compacted the soil too much when I transplanted them, I went from watering every 2 days in the nursery pots to... well I'm not sure the last time I waited six days to water and they still drooped afterwards and Groot seems like she has stopped all vertical growth. Well I think that's it so here's some pics.

20150613_065713.jpg

MJ
20150613_065809.jpg

Scarlett
20150613_070017.jpg

Groot
20150613_070151.jpg

I was checking on the plants yesterday before lights out and I noticed the leaves on the bottom half of the plants were drooping even though the leaves on the top half looked fine. Yesterday was the 7th day since my last watering, I was waiting for the leaves to start drooping so I can figure out how long it takes the soil to dry all the way out, so I went ahead and watered them waited a little while then checked on them again, the leaves on the bottom perked up but the ones on top were drooping now, I checked on them a few hours later and all the leaves perked up. They've never did that in the nursery pots and it's the first time I noticed it since I dropped them in the smart pots, I just want to see if you guys have seen this before or know what could cause it, I think I already know the answer but just wanted to check to be sure.

Not sure about the pots or watering issue sorry man, but lady's look amazing!!

What I was thinking was that since the plants are flowering most of the water is being diverted to the tops of the plants where the buds are forming. As the soil drys out the lower leaves get less and less water while the leaves towards the top get sufficient amounts of water, so when I water them the lower leaves get enough water again while the top leaves get a little too much at first. Well that's my theory but then again I really don't know jack shit.

Speaking of not knowing jack shit I just learned what that little star icon is for, so I will be reading through my journal and giving +reps to everyone who has been giving me good advice thanks again and I apologize it's so late in the game.

What I was thinking was that since the plants are flowering most of the water is being diverted to the tops of the plants where the buds are forming. As the soil drys out the lower leaves get less and less water while the leaves towards the top get sufficient amounts of water, so when I water them the lower leaves get enough water again while the top leaves get a little too much at first. Well that's my theory but then again I really don't know jack shit.

Speaking of not knowing jack shit I just learned what that little star icon is for, so I will be reading through my journal and giving +reps to everyone who has been giving me good advice thanks again and I apologize it's so late in the game.

I'm also new had no idea

I think I was on here for about a month until I figured out all the "+rep" I kept seeing lol

lol ya i always wondered how you get the green bar up and one day just saw it and hovered over it

Looking really good buddy, did you top or fim btw? I believe you vegged 9wks so they must be quite tall, hows the lights in terms of penetration?

What's up guys, I think tomorrow is the start of week 14 of this grow and this past Friday was the start of week 4 of 12/12. Yesterday I top dressed all three pots with some more 420 soil and watered them, then this morning I gave the plants a trim. Well that's pretty much it for this update.

Before
20150621_072215_Pano-1.jpg

After
20150621_090645.jpg

Scarlett
20150621_091012.jpg

Groot
20150621_091104.jpg

MJ
20150621_091131.jpg

I chopped and saved what would've been popcorn bud, there ain't much but I was wondering if I could dry and smoke them and if so how can I do a quick dry using the microwave.
20150621_092740.jpg

Back
Top Bottom