HeavyChevy59 - First Grow - Mars II 400W - Happy Frog/Ideal 420 Soil - 2015

Hey Colesdad, Thanks for stopping by and checking out my first grow. Feel free to jump in and criticize anytime you want, I appreciate all the help I can get.

Nope, never criticize sir, only just suggestions :) I'm here to learn too!

What's up everybody, I just wanted to post an update on Groot, he bounced back from the lst. I tied Groot back down to keep that top below the nodes.

Just a few hours after
20150417_072307.jpg
20150417_072353.jpg
20150417_072600.jpg

After a 6 hour nap
20150417_173857.jpg
20150417_171934.jpg
20150417_172014.jpg
20150417_171954.jpg

Tied back down
20150417_174713.jpg
20150417_174619.jpg
20150417_174600.jpg

What's up everybody, I'm now halfway through week 4 of veg I've been wanting to post an update I just haven't had the time. I have already tied down Mary Jane and Scarlett and gave them both a light defol. I also trimmed a few leaves from Groot and tied that main top back down some more. All 3 plants seem to be showing pre flowers but I can't tell if their male or female yet... well I'm not seeing any white hairs coming out of them, I'll try to get some pics later. I read somewhere on here that cannabis plants don't reach their true potency potential if their not allowed to reach sexual maturity before forcing them to flower, so my question is if a female plant is showing calyxes but not white hairs, would she be considered mature or not.

Heavy,
Are you continuing to adjust your light so that is 18 inches from the tallest plant? I reread the beginning of the journal, but, I have another light question. You started at 36in, then lowered to 30in, then lowered to 18in from the top of the tallest, correct? A what point in the seedling phase food you do the adjustment? Just curious. I'm dropping my beans in a few days, and will start my journal about a week after they actually start growing.

Heavy,
Are you continuing to adjust your light so that is 18 inches from the tallest plant? I reread the beginning of the journal, but, I have another light question. You started at 36in, then lowered to 30in, then lowered to 18in from the top of the tallest, correct? A what point in the seedling phase food you do the adjustment? Just curious. I'm dropping my beans in a few days, and will start my journal about a week after they actually start growing.

Yeah I'm still keeping the light about 18" from the tallest plant. I raised it a day or 2 ago, it was about 15" from the tallest plant, now it's about 19"-20". When I first dropped the plants in their containers I wasn't paying attention and had the light to low which I believe is what caused MJ's second set of leaves to grow in deformed. So I would suggest starting off with the light at 30", then once your plants have about 3 sets of true leaves drop the light to 24" and watch for signs of light stress or stretching, after a week or so drop the light some more. As long as you pay attention to the plants as you gradually drop the light you'll be fine.

Groot: first one looks almost male, but the rest all look female, so 99% sure that'll be female.

Scarlet: Leaning towards female here too.

Mary Jane: Also leaning towards female.

Give it a day or two. If they're pistils, you'll see two white hairs coming out of them. If male, they're going to be growing on stalks.

Female preflowers are also much more elongated than the male preflowers.

Plants are looking great man cant wait to see how the harvest turns out I will be watching :Namaste: and as for the lights I would say once you flip the plants to 12/12 you may want to let the lights get a little closer to discourage so much stretch and one the flowering you wanna have as much light power on the buds as possible without sacrificing on coverage of course

Back
Top Bottom