HeavyChevy59 - First Grow - Mars II 400W - Happy Frog/Ideal 420 Soil - 2015

That's some awesome info man!! I've been looking for something a little less time consuming and that sounds easy I may have to try sometime

The roots organic samples came today, I didn't realize how big 8 fluid oz was. Since I don't get paid till tomorrow and I'm leaving Friday for a camping trip I won't be able to brew it with some ewc like you suggested bobrown, what I was gonna do was just mix it with a gallon of water @ 1/4 strength and feed the plants that way. While I'm camping I'll dig up and bag some soil, when I comeback Monday I'll start brewing the soil with the nutrients. So what do you guys think any other tips or suggestions.

20150701_225934.jpg
20150701_230231.jpg

Ok guys I have another question. The Buddha Bloom has 1% ca and the GO calmg has 5% ca, I was gonna add both but how much of each. I normally give them 10ml of GO camg so I was thinking I should just give them 5ml of Go calmg.

I still add Cal mag every time I give nutes I only give a half a tsp.

im sure the soil does ok it just may not have worked the best this time. im still thinking about getting some and just doing compost teas for feeding maybe a little cal mag since we grow under LED but im going to give them a try someday

What's up guys I apologize for abandoning this journal I've been dealing with a lot of bullshit the past few weeks, I just haven't felt like posting an update or even messing with the plants a whole lot.

I'm back with some bad news tho, my power got cut off over a week ago so my family is staying with relatives for now, but since my exhaust fan wasn't running the RH inside the tent was 79%, when I was doing all my research I read that your almost guaranteed to get mold when the RH goes over 80%. So I went ahead and chopped the plants down early.

MJ started flowering first but she was still shooting out some white pistils I think she had a couple weeks left, Scarlett started flowering second but she had the most trichomes I couldn't tell you how much time she had left, and Groot who started flowering last looked like she had a ton of time left, Groot had some pink pistils but I noticed it was only the ones getting hit with light.

I chopped them after 9 weeks and they been hang drying in both my bathrooms for the past 7 days the RH has stayed about 63%, I plan on throwing them in jars later today but since I'm broke I can't get no hygrometers, so I'm just gonna dump the jars and let the buds air dry for about 30 minutes every day for the first week.

I tried some buds from Scarlett the other day, I packed my bong twice and I felt like I was floating so now I'm really disappointed I couldn't let her finish. I took a couple small branches from Groot to smoke on for a few days but she's pretty weak, she doesn't taste disgusting but she doesn't taste good either, I haven't tried MJ yet and I probably won't till after the cure. I think all of the buds still have plant/peppery smell to them right now but my girl thinks they smell like weed, when I broke the buds up from Scarlett they had a light fuel smell to them and I love me some gas(some people call top shelf bud gas but I only call bud gas if has that fuel smell).

Well that's it for now other than the pics, I'm gonna let them cure for 2 weeks then do a smoke test, post an update, and then close this journal.

20150709_074817.jpg
20150709_074941.jpg
20150710_070500.jpg
20150710_070745.jpg
20150802_163751.jpg
20150806_062208.jpg
20150806_062448.jpg
20150806_062140.jpg

you have to do what you have to do man, looks good and i hope things work out with your living situation man.

hope you make another thread as i will follow :Namaste:

Thanks arellanobrian the electric company is playing the fuck out of me so it's probably gonna be awhile before we get settled. I really don't have the room to keep growing here so I'm just gonna let a buddy of mine barrow all my equipment for a piece of his harvest, but when I move next summer I will be looking for a place big enough for a perpetual grow. When I can afford it I'll start buying seeds online and let my buddy grow some and I'll just save the rest for when I start growing again.

Well I put Scarlett in 1qt canning jar yesterday, I didn't have any other canning jars so MJ went in a large pickle jar of course I cleaned it first and Groot went in one of my largest tuba wear bowls, it's hard to tell How much is in it from the pic but the bowl is half full

20150808_174537.jpg

looks like a good haul at least man, hope you keep updating on your buddys grow, stay stoned and dont get discouraged :Namaste:

What's up guys back with my final update first I wanna thank everyone for their support and advice through out my grow, I also wanted to let you know after paying almost $900 my power is back on.

Well the plan was to let the buds set for 2 weeks but I been smoking and sharing with friends so they didnt last that long, :lot-o-toke::passitleft: after smoking about 5-7 grams I borrowed a buddies scale and the total weight was 87.9 grams so not a bad yeild considering everything else.

MJ gave me the biggest yield and had the best bag appeal, potency was ok about the same as Scarlett who was little bit behind MJ but was fluffier than the rest, MJ and Scarlett both were definitely better then the plants they came from. Groot was the last one to start flowering and the first to show issues, the buds from her were small and weak probably less potent than the plant she came from.

Final pic of MJ
20150812_021107.jpg

Well I think that's it I wanna end this jounal thanking :420: for giving me a great friendly place to learn a lot and grow, I will definitely be back soon as I start growing again.:thanks::peacetwo:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Very nice grow and journal. Wish I would have been by when you started to watch. I hope all is good for you and I will see you around. :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom