First Post - First Grow - Reserva Privada - Skywalker Kush

Day 27 and it was transplant day.

Decided to leave the kind soil out and did a mix of 1 bag FFOF, 2 cups Dr Earth Bloom/Bud, 10 qts Compost, 8qts Earth Worm castings, and 7qts perlite. Got the recipe from CaliGreen on YouTube. He's shown some pretty great results from the mix so I borrowed it from him.

When I transplanted I took a look at the root system and it looks like I should have transplanted earlier. Roots already started circling the bottom.

Well here they are after transplant.

420-magazine-mobile102250068.jpg

This one is recovering from the overwater and ph issue.

420-magazine-mobile1884534050.jpg

This one is still pretty droopy

420-magazine-mobile84662707.jpg

Both ladies have some purple branches. PH issue for sure, because when I checked my PH of what I've been giving them I found they were way too low.

Today I watered them with about a quart of distilled water and a bit liquid seaweed at 6.8

Not sure if I should have watered to run off but I'm sure I can find some info soon.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Probably was a over watering. Could be the soil didn't drain proper to. Make sure the drain holes don't plug up.. I've had that happen and drowned the plant. They need as much air as they do water. But I see you up potted to smart pots. Good pot, it gives ya tons of roots for sure.. You know when you using a small pot, things are harder to manage, like PH's from fertilizers, to your PPM of fertilizers. Give your plants some root space and they find the food. Were the roots were curling around the cup already? As long as your somewhere between 5.5-7.0 ph you'll live.. That's pretty much the edges of the ph range you want. 6.0-6.5 is perfect for soils. Anything in that range shouldn't need PH'ing. And most fertilizers, are buffered to keep your ph.
My Skywalker has stopped stretching. I, now mind you, myself, I like to start my girls flowering under my veg, MH bulb the first 4-5 days. That seems to help keepem shorter.. Maybe alittle anyways. If any, but I'll post ya how much she stretched when I go in a check later. I always write on a piece of tape taped to the bamboo pole in them, just how tall they were when I started flowering.. That way later if you grow the same plants again,, you'll know what your dealing with so you won't run into height issues, and you'll know what maximum veg time is for best yields.. GL and Keepem Green

The droppiness is that in the little red cup was your soil was retaining to much water almost drowning the roots. The fox farm ocean stuff is suppose to be a hotter soil and so make sure next time to break it up really really good and you maybe packed the soil in the red cups a bit to much (I did that before and it makes it harders for the roots to expand and retains water). With the fabric pots its really hard to over water but just keep an eye out they should bounce back in no time.

I throw mine on the wet paper towel and plastic wrap thing and keep temps about 82 or so for my germinations. Been working for me if thats what you asked. I get maybe 90-95% return. Looks like this after around 24 hours. When the tails get 1/3 a inch, I throw them in the soil, using a pencil to make the holes and to guide the tap root pointing down, then cover with 1/8' soil and keep wet with a mister and warm like 76 or so and that's my story....

KC_White_Day1.JPG

It's good to not let you babies dry out, but pop alot of holes if you got the soil toughly wet and it isn't draining, roots need air as much as water. It should stay wet acouple days. We got cold ass weather here and my seeds are not doing right,,, but they'll pull thru. We've been down this road afew times before and besides it is a weed. GL and Keepem Green

I have a question , so I had 8 seeds I was germinating I know I'm gonna get slack for this but they dried out for about a day are they worth salvaging?? I re wet the cheese cloth to see what I'm working with

Grow With Me - My Grow Journey

yes you can save them by making the towel wet again I would not recommend using a cheese cloth because they fibers from the roots will intertwine with the cloth.

Alright green thumbs, update time!

We are at Day 31 and the ladies have been under the new Mars II 400w and 300w. They've been under the both of them for 4 days and boy are they loving it!

After the first 2 days, they blew up nice and bushy.

Here are some photos. Can you tell which one got topped and which one got accidentally fimmed? Also got a little white spot on P1. Anyone have any thoughts? Its only on one leaf but it still bugs me.

Also sprayed the ladies with some neem oil mixed in a qt of water. I saw some pests flying around the tent, hopefully this takes care of the problem. I'm probably gonna clean the tent with some h2o2 when I pull the girls out to water.

On to the Pictures!

P1
P1D31.jpg

P1
P1Pic2d311.jpg

P2
P2D311.jpg

P2
P2Pic2D31.jpg

White spot on P1
P1WhiteDot.jpg

If you have flying bugs chances is its gnats. What ya should do is find some of the yellow sticky pads. You need to interupt a stage in there life cycle yellow pads will attrack the adults. Also soil drenches are out there for them. Neem oil is more for leafs cutting pests.

Organics will attract gnats too.. You can take a fork, and turn the top inch of soil everyday for abit might help. One or two isn't going to hurt anything.. Coconut fibers, peat all attract gnats. You know talking about seed germination,, I get a 'plain paper towl wet it, fold the seed in on a china plate, and cover with plastic wrap. That way it won't ever dry out on ya,, and will hold some heat in if needed. Place it on a PC tower, cable box, something with slight heat.. 80-85 degree is perfect. I still need to update my pictures.. Skywalker,, from her growth patterns,, she looks like a winner.. I'm glad I took a cut off her. If anyone in my flower room is looking like a winner,, she is.. GL and Keepem Green

Day 35

The girls really loved the transplant and are taking off like crazy. The day to day growth is very noticeable.

Added the trellis net yesterday and killed the 300w a couple days ago. I noticed the leaves were starting to taco on the plant closest to the Mars 300. Since then the leaves started to revert back to normal and are always reaching towards the Mars II 400w.

Planning to flip on Day 45 or the next watering, whichever one comes first.

On to the picture

Day_357.jpg

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Ladies and Gentlemen,; we are in day 1 of FLOWER! Can't believe the day has finally come. It felt like forever before I felt that the ladies were ready to flip. In celebration of day 1 Flower, I have finally decided to name the girls.

They just got watered with Molasses and Liquid Seaweed PH'd to 6.8 last night, then I'll be out of town for 3 days. I went ahead and set up a 4in Hurricane exhaust fan and carbon filter which dropped my temps to 70*(hand me down from a buddy). Unfortunately due to the size of the tent, and the expected stretch of the ladies I set the exhaust and filter outside of the tent. I also added some sticky traps inside the tent to control the gnats. So far the gnats have died down tremendously, and I expect them to all be dead by the time I get home from my business trip. As far as the ladies they are looking great, and are growing everyday.

Please let me introduce you all to Cassie and Jenna!

Here is Cassie
Day_1_Flower_Fim_Flip.jpg

Next up, we have Jenna
Day_1Flower_Topped_Flip.jpg

View of the tent
Day_1_Flower_tent.jpg

Side view of the tent
Day_1_Flower_Tent2.jpg

If anyone is having doubts about the Mars II 400w don't. I actually just put the Marshydro 300w back in the tent today, so the growth rate from the last pictures and today's are all the Mars II 400w. However, I am curious about trying the Sun Systems 315w LEC. Been doing a lot of research, but I'm gonna have to take a trip to the local grow shop to see how big the light actually is. I'm thinking I may need a new tent to be able to get the appropriate amount of distance from the plants.

On another note I can't wait to get my White Widow Autos from Crop King Seeds going. I ordered 5 seeds a few weeks ago and never opened the package. When I opened it i realized that CKS threw in 3 more! That little gesture just made me a lifetime customer. Big thanks to Crop King Seeds

Happy growing everyone, and thanks for looking.

Day 9 flower

I checked on the girls temps today and found the leaves starting to droop. I checked the weight and they seemed pretty light. I also stuck a moisture meter in them and they both showed dry-moist. Not as light as it was the last time I watered but fairly light. It's only been 48hrs. Do they normally drink this much water at this size, or am I heading into overwatering again.

420-magazine-mobile1866367025.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1585167250.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yup depends on conditions I water mine 1L ever 2 days right now. I would say yours it would be about a liter every three days or so.

Back
Top Bottom