First Grow Fluorescent Shop Light

mcbonghitter

Ok so here are the details for my first attempt at growing the sacred herb.

Soil- Scott's Potting Soil 50/50 perlite mix (Will be using Fox Farm Ocean Forest upon transplanting)

Seeds- California Skunk

Light- One 4' Fluorescent Shoplight with two 40W T-12 Daylight bulbs (Will be using 24/7 for vegging and 12/12 for flowering)

Nutes- Will be using Fox Farm Grow Big for vegging and Fox Farm Big Bloom for flowering.

Seeds were germinated on 4/13/2009, By 4/16/2009 9 out of 10 were planted into small plastic 16oz cups with the lights 3-4 inches from the top. Currently 7 of 9 have broken the soil and are well on their way. Here are some photos of the seedlings and grow setup. Not pictured I have a 8" fan off to the side which provides circulation for the plants, I also have a white box which I place in front of the plants for better reflection since as you can see this is a budgeted grow.

Here's a better timeline of the grow so far,

Germinated in paper towel: 4/13/2009
Planted into 16oz plastic cups with Scott's potting soil 50/50 perlite mix: 4/16/2009
Currently I can see all but one has broken the soil.

Here are the pics sorry about the screw up.
phone_pic_4.jpg

phone_pic_2.jpg

phone_pic_3.jpg

phone_pic_1.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Looks like you are off to a great start. You'll be amazed at how much they will grow in the next week. Good Luck! I'll be watching this one for sure.

-Sol

What would be good to wrap around them and why does this help if I may ask? Sorry I am quite new at this even though I have done a little research.

I would also lower your lights. Fluro's can actually be touching your plants for a short period of time before you get any kind of burn. I would have the lights within an inch of them.

I moved the lights within 2 inches and i have the cups wrapped with duct tape now. Hopefully I will see some more growth in the next week.

Does anyone know what materials I would need to setup some cfl's around my plants and how to set them up?

Hi, and welcome, you can get some Y-splitters from home depot for about 3 bucks each and put two 27 watt cfls in them, or if you look at my grow, you can see what it looks like, get yourself a staple gun, you could use duct tape to keep the wires out the way but the heat might loosen the adhesive. great start so far!! they'r gonna shoot up in the next few days. also, you might wanna cut a slit down the sides of your plastic cups, it makes transplanting later sooooo much easier!!
Good luck on your 1st grow!!!

I got these reflectors at home depot for like $8 each. Get some y splitters like pericodaking said. You can take it a step futher and go with 4 bulbs under each reflector unstead of two. Here's a picture of the reflectors Im talking about.
grow_room5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom