First Grow Journal - Crown Royal

the brand is called exhale, not sure what the culture is but i do know they like it, whatever it gives off anyway i will be getting another to add in a couple weeks to strengthen it

Feeds on the oxygen and generates CO2.. quite a bit actually. I did some research on the company but they don't say what culture.. hmff. Plenty of different species work. Trick is finding one that doesn't fruit in light.. or does very slowly. There's some other factors involved. Metabolism, heat resistance etc. Knowing more about it would help, but my bet is you can propagate that culture fairly easily. No need to spend money when you could grow it yourself bro. I've been meaning to get one of these and clone it for years. I've played around with a few different species. Imagine a high CO2 perma-culture style environment :sigh: The Borg may even find it insufferable.

Oh and I just recently tried the SNS217 myself on my little visitation. Worked great. A little harsh on one young plant but it's recovering fine. I think I'll be using it in tandem with my usual Azamax.

hope everything is smoother today G00ch, keep on pushing broda the girls have a lot of potential they look really good from my pov.

:thumb::thumb:

yea everything is fine, i will exterminate these little fuckers i will spray every week if i have to. Last night i did some construction, installing some 6 mil black plastic on ceilings and created walls to try and clean everywhere up better.

tossing my two little pennies on the counter ;)

I think you can remove a bit more than you might have in veg but I wouldn't get rid of most fan leaves. I would be more aggressive and get rid of some of the bigger ones that block bud areas. Looking at her now, she's got quite a bit of fan leaves that I think may do more good staying put rather than removing most.:Namaste:

ok have a question, i am in week 2 of flower can i remove most of the fan leaves now? or when should i do that

I got rid of all the fans that were blocking light as soon as the stretch was done. Like the 3rd week of flower. I probably removed 60% or more of the fans. Worked quite nicely for me.

There is a lot of theories regarding defol once in flower period. Some don't touch the fan leaves, some do it two times during flower, some take everything. The way I see it, big fan leaves are nutrient reservoirs, the plant will suck them dry as she grows old (most commonly starting from bottom up), so I gradually strip them once they start deteriorating or if its way too bushy and it causes to much shade. After the stretch of pre flower and the pistils come, the plant will gradually stop producing big fan leaves and start producing smaller leaves, the sugar leaves and buds, lots of them. This means there is a point of no return for big fan leaves so be careful how you do your defol.

hope this helps/

:passitleft:

Agreed that the fan leaves are nutrient reservoirs however with humans feeding the plants nutrients I don't see why it matters as far as nutrition goes. I defoliated twice in flower and little here and there in between and each time I did a big defol I seen bud development right afterwards.

I don't think starting at the bottom would be of any help though. Starting not at the very top fans but the next set down is where I started. I removed most fans under the top set. That let huge amounts of light down to the smaller bud sites. I would suggest only getting aggressive with defoliating if your plant is in good health and your careful with nutes and stuff. Like said above, at some point she will stop making big fans but if you have a healthy plant and a healthy routine all is go IMO.

I left the top set of big fans on every cola and the very bottom fans because they don't block any light. Wrong or right it sure worked very well for me.

Agreed that the fan leaves are nutrient reservoirs however with humans feeding the plants nutrients I don't see why it matters as far as nutrition goes. I defoliated twice in flower and little here and there in between and each time I did a big defol I seen bud development right afterwards.
I agree with your statement Fanleaf, it does apply to a particular growing method (using nutrients feeding schedules, Bottle nuts that is). For my style and method I rely on the fan leaves to a certain extent, since I don't use bottle nuts or feeding regimens, I like to call myself an Organic grower. So if you use nuts, fan leaves are a waste of bud making energy.

I don't think starting at the bottom would be of any help though. Starting not at the very top fans but the next set down is where I started. I removed most fans under the top set. That let huge amounts of light down to the smaller bud sites. I would suggest only getting aggressive with defoliating if your plant is in good health and your careful with nutes and stuff. Like said above, at some point she will stop making big fans but if you have a healthy plant and a healthy routine all is go IMO.

couldn't agree more with this statement, yes starting at the bottom is kinda useless but if the plant is in perfect health the signs of Plant senescence I find starts from the bottom up, therefore its suitable for my style of growing to remove from the bottom up. But its not the bottom of the pit I'm talking about, its around the 4-5 th node, and I gradually move up. Some times I skip nodes because upper fans may get bigger than lower.

I left the top set of big fans on every cola and the very bottom fans because they don't block any light. Wrong or right it sure worked very well for me.
If it works, it works, right? :thumb:

great insight, thanks for sharing
:passitleft:

ok well since i am using hydro and feeding them constantly i am not going to be concerned with the removal of fan leaves for the most part. I will just keep chipping away at them because the spider mites are on the leaves, i assume removing the leaves makes the spidermites go also, at least the ones on those leaves

ok well since i am using hydro and feeding them constantly i am not going to be concerned with the removal of fan leaves for the most part. I will just keep chipping away at them because the spider mites are on the leaves, i assume removing the leaves makes the spidermites go also, at least the ones on those leaves

I have dealt with aphids once (not quite the same), and I did remove all the affected leaves and what I did after was cut a garlic in half and rub all my remaining leaves, then sprayed them with a cinnamon/garlic (repellents) infused water, like a natural pesticide. Its tedious but It worked for me. I think you can find this documented in one of my grows, I believe its Summer Grow//Sativas In the Balcony (complete) page 4-5

That recipe sounds delicious on toast.JK Thank you I am hoping releasing a mob of hungry ladybugs is going to kill off all these aholes, or at the very least get them under control

Note to self when unplugging things make sure you plug them back in where they belong. Unplugged the rez heater and when i plugged it back in i used the regular outlet not the controller outlet and my temp got up to 82 they did not get fed with it i just skipped that feeding and drained some water added some water and nutes and adjusted ph to 5.5
last nights lights out kept temps at 73 and humidity at 80, no exhaust fan with humidifier running, started the fan up 2 hours before lights on, bring it down to 70ish humidity

Lady bugs will not remove mites 100%. That being said, if you release way more than you need it may work. I've never heard of ladybugs eradicating mites or any indoor garden pest completely.. I know people don't like them but the No pest strips worked for me a couple years ago. I removed the strip after 3 days and haven't seen any again, worked on thrips also. Peace!!

do you put the no pest strips on the plant itself? I am willing to try anything before i go nuclear I started with sns217 now im trying lady bugs and i will try the pest strips also

I wonder why i have no stanky yet, i have buds forming all over the place, the leaves smell great, but the room nothing?

I wonder why i have no stanky yet, i have buds forming all over the place, the leaves smell great, but the room nothing?
I am not familiar with that variety, but it is possible that they do not produce a strong stank. If strong dank stank is what you enjoy may I suggest Lemon Sour Diesel. Smells up the place even before I put it into flower. In fact it stunk up the place so bad the wife said, get rid of it. I gave 3 clones away and put the mother into flower right after I bought an oversized carbon filter and fan.
Will go back a few pages and read all about your mite issue. I just got rid of the problem I had, which actually was fairly easy to do but I am sure it was because I caught it super early and went after those bastards like they were there to kill my family.

yea i did not catch it early at all, i believe i imported them with the clones i got, so they got on my seeded plants also. I am in full attack mode, unfortunately my bank account cannot follow my anger, so i have to patiently wait, which is very difficult. I am looking into more clones this weekend from someone else this time i will check for bugs, i didnt even consider it, so bad on me. The strains i have going are
1 crown royal(blueberry and purple kush mix) from seed
2 wonder woman- clones
1 hindu kush- clone
and the bubbleicious i believe is the one i killed

I have this image in my head (whatever you look like) a guy looking in his tent, sees webs, immediately grabs that plant and heads to the door screaming all in about 10 seconds.
:rofl:
No Fan that was me you saw, and even though only 1 plant had any sign of a web on it I threw 2 plants out because the other plant was close to it. And it was no where near as long as 10 seconds. I was so freaked out every spec of dust or dirt that was on any leave of stem warranted me grabbing the pocket microscope to examine it. I am still a little spooked by the thought of those little bastards nibbling on my girls.

G00ch,
Plants look good, were you able to get your mite issue under control? From what I have read on here the last few pages, you had come up with a couple of different approaches to combat those lil bastards. Have you tried putting lady bugs in with them yet? My son added a bunch to both my tents this weekend. I doubt they would kill them all if I had them still but I don't think it could hurt to have them fighting on your side.

Back
Top Bottom