First Grow Northern Light Auto - Fem - Help Needed

Looking good my friend!

Glad to see that you got through the early stages of rearing these girls without too much trouble.

I would suggest using your FINAL pot for all future seedlings and clones if you can. I've found that the plants do far better from the beginning if you give them the largest soil volume possible from day one. This is of course if you plan to raise them to a 35" - 40" height before flowering them. If not, then you can easily raise a small 12 - 18" tall plant in a 1 or 1.5 gallon pot the entire time.

You may want to look into Air Pots with a 100% Coco medium at some point. They really do help with improving root development and reduces the chances of soil problems during later statges of the growth cycle ie: flowering.

I've got a whole range of these here for next season all the way from 5.2 gallon down to 1.5 gallon sizes. The plants I already have overwintering in these are loving them, (3.4 Gallon Size) and are requiring virtually no maintenance at all over the last 6 weeks. Just regular waterings and a feeding of Kelp Extract every 7-10 days.

While I generally make it a rule not to post my own grow photos in someone elses journal, I just wanted to show you these two shots, of how the plants thrive in these pots with very little effort made on my part to get them looking like this week after week with not a single issue:

Grand Daddy Purple Clones for 2012 Season

P1012107.JPG
P1012109.JPG

Hey filekv5, just looked at the beginning of this journal and your tent looks about the same size as mine 60cms x 60cms footspace, I grow 6 plants in mine at moment but did have 9 Air Pots in that space on previous grow.

Love the 240 watt Blackstar, I have 2 x 120 watt panels, so probably about same output of light, I've not used any other type of light so don't have comparison but I'm happy with my grows so far.

Peace y'ole, have a great weekend.
Toaor

So far that has not been a problem most of my plants have been one main cola and not much lower growth, I also put CFLs lower to get some light to bottom.

Toaor

I thought it's time for some update, so here we go :allgood:

Flowering day = 43
Day 75 from seed

Ok, so let me start with some pictures and then do the little boring text update :geek:

This is a pic of a side cola

Some more side cola's

Now this is my happy main cola :)

Some overall pic update of NL

Some updates on the short rider

And finally the microscope that I bought

Ok, so that would be that with the pictures. The northern light is getting closer to the end, I have like 17-24 days left. I started adding molasses to the nutes, and I will continue feeding her up until like 10 days left. Then I will do molasses with water for 3 more days and then just flushing with water. The top colas finally grew fat and are covered with nice sticky trichomes, it has the nice fruity smell to it. I checked the color with the microscope and they are clear with some of them cloudy, but no amber ones yet. I will wait for like 75% amber trichomes since I want the couch lock effect.

Now the Short rider's started to flower. I can see the advantages to the DWC setup, everything is way bigger and faster in growth. The only thing it requires more work. I wish I had more space for them, but they have to wait for Northern Light to get out of there. But so far they are growing really nice

So that would be the whole update, the plants are growing nicely. I wonder what the yeld will be, hoping for at least 1oz.

Also I'm thinking of buying the vaporizer. The one that I'm really looking forward to buy is Arizer Extreme Q Extreme Q Vaporizer Review I was wondering what do you guys think about it.

Thanks for the support :Namaste:

Ahhh finally, a moment of rest :Namaste:. I was working really, really a lot lately. Didn't have time to do anything cuz I was working 2 jobs.

Ok, time for an update. So I have harvested the 1 Northern Light auto that was ready, trichomes 50/50. I chopped it down on day 75. Got 44 grams of nice crispy dry bud from it (44 without stems). That's more than I expected from the auto strain, I'm very happy.

Still have 2 short riders to harvest in about a month or so.

Now some pictures.
Here it's all cut down, trimmed and drying in my closet (did that for 72 hours)

I loved how the big colas ware so big on the beginning, then they got way smaller :(

And I got them Into the jars, they still have to be there for 3 more weeks to cure (got 3 jars and that small one)

Sorry for the pictures, I know it's not a lot, but I didn't have time and I was mad tired. Now I smoked the product already, and it is awesome. Just one hit from the bong gets me stoned for hours :) The taste is a bit fruity and a bit like a pine tree. I gave some of it to my friends so ill wait for their opinion.
The drying method I used was the one Rumpleforeskin uses. 72h drying time in the closet, and then paper bag and layers of bud and paper strips - did that for 4 days and then 1 month of curing in jars.

I just have to say I learned a ton while doing this, Thanks for all advice I got from you.
Ill keep you updated on how the short riders will go. Thanks guys :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom