First Grow, Short Plants

ravager26

hey everyone im about to grow some plants of course lol but i wanted to know the shortest plants that have good thc/cbd/cbg and yield decent amounts. but there are actually some strains i wanted to know about : violator kush, white widow, barneys L s d plant (i know its agisnt the rules but give me a system to work around it :p) cheese, automatic blueberry, arjans strawberry haze, arjans ultra haze 2, alaskan ice, and lowryder. mainly i just want to know their heights in inches because this crap i get from the seedbank sites that say 70-80 cm is so confusing, i dont actually know how many cm are in an inch but someone said it was 8 another said 10 and another said 12...though i havent actually looked it up online lol guess that was my fail, anyway the math says that 70-80 cm only equals out to 7-10 inches max and thats with the lowest amount of cms possible (when i was trying to figure out how high the plants grew i divided 80 by 8 10 and 12 and even with 8 its very short in inches so obviously somethings wrong) with my math (im bad at math but im workin on that) the plants came out to be very short and theres just no way ANY of those plants are only 10 inches. so if someone could provide accurate heights id greatly appreciate that, and with the recommendations of strains all im looking for is height in inches (i want a small plant) average yeild, potency :thx/cbd/cbg, and of course the name haha. actually growing three other plants no idea what strain they are cuz the seeds came from run of the mill shit, wasnt schwag but wasnt something your gonna find for sale, though one plant did come from a guy whos homegrown stuff is good just seedy..the other two came from some girl who i traded a bowl piece for and they were on the verge of death but i brought em back, they arent really growing as fast as they were and i bet they wanna be transplanted but i dont have the room for several foot high plants, in fact if someone could even leave some good growbox strains thatd be nice to. i hope to grow this good stuff and replace my towns crap.

k lol appearantly 2.54cm makes up one inch yay i know now that 80cm would be a lil over 2.5ft :) O.O are there any plants that are even shorter than 70? the violator kush i saw on attitude seeds says 44-55 cm or something like that maybe 40-60 cm either way its not over 60, how could it actually yield 450 grams?!

i also wanted to know how to fim more accurately if someone has a vid or good detail of how to do it thatd be nice i read some stuff on hightimes but i still cant understand hot to cut it the "fimming" way

hey whats up? you got a hell of alot of question but thats good. Its better to ask then to assume. First if your shooting for under 12 inches stick with indica strains. They are your best bet. good yeild high, ussually high thc, and tight internode spacing(they space inbetween budding sights). so my suggestion is check out your list of strains and i would personally eliminate sativa dominate strains. This is because more then likely when you switch the lighting to a 12/12 schedule, sativas have a tendency to stretch 2-3 times thier height, some strains even more. For this reason i suggest a kush strain. As far as fimming goes, heres some info:

Fimming is basicly "topping the plant." Cutting the top of the plant so that it concentrates on side shoots rather then one main cola, allowing the plant to get bushier. I top plants right above whatever shoot looks just right. I've topped clones that just rooted. Many people suggest not to but I do it all the time. this is your first grow, yeah? so i suggest working with what you have to get your feet wet. Well i Hope this helps you out. Gotta go but i'm here everyday. and I'll be subscribed. So cant wait to see how things go.Best of luck. And welcome to the famz!!!

i suggest when you are watering if doing hydro try using something like rock juice if it's in your budget range. i've just used it and if used at the right time will reduce the stretching when the lights are cut back so would help keep plants a little smaller and in my experience gives great results

i suggest when you are watering if doing hydro try using something like rock juice if it's in your budget range. i've just used it and if used at the right time will reduce the stretching when the lights are cut back so would help keep plants a little smaller and in my experience gives great results

One more nute that helps keep plants down is bushmasters from Humbolt. It will basiclly cut the stretch down to pretty much nothing. And another trick is when you switch to a flowering schedule leave them in the dark for 24 hours and it wil cause them to cut the stretch and go straight to flowering.

thanks all, sorry ive been off for a while had to get some ice if ya know what i mean, also ordered some barneys farm l.sd (rules prohibit its real name) has anyone grown ls.d? the most important thing i need to know is how to actually set up the liquid, whats the mixture and how much of what needs to go in it the tub? and since its a tub style does that mean ill have to empty and refill it occasionally? im tryin to get some foxfarm stuff, big bloom and grow big, should i also use tiger bloom when i start the flowering cycle? and anyone know where i can get that stuff? cant order it off the site and i cant find big bloom on ebay. muchly appreciated everyone!

Havnt grown ***..But as far as nutes go. There are alot of online hydro shops that will ship to whereever you need them to. Fox farm has a feeding schedule, fallow it and you shoud be good.

BUT RULE OF THUMB IN GROWWING..start at quarter strength then work you way up. Kinda like this:

1st Fill: quarter strength change out every 1 to 2 weeks.
2nd change out: half Strength
3rd change out: 3 quarter strength
4th Change out: Full stregnth

This is if your going to veg them long.And as far as flower nute go:

I do the same method except I start out third strength, then 66% and then full, that way by the time I'm half way through the flower cycle I'm ready at full nutes and know how much they can take. Just remember all strains are different, and can only take so much so watch and learn the strain you choose, and if you do stick with it long enough. It will reward you. This is just suggestions from my personal experience. Everyone is defferent. You'll find your niche and when you do It will be a breeze from there on out for you and that strain, til the next issue comes up...LOL..

Havnt grown ***..But as far as nutes go. There are alot of online hydro shops that will ship to whereever you need them to. Fox farm has a feeding schedule, fallow it and you shoud be good.

BUT RULE OF THUMB IN GROWWING..start at quarter strength then work you way up. Kinda like this:

1st Fill: quarter strength change out every 1 to 2 weeks.
2nd change out: half Strength
3rd change out: 3 quarter strength
4th Change out: Full stregnth

This is if your going to veg them long.And as far as flower nute go:

I do the same method except I start out third strength, then 66% and then full, that way by the time I'm half way through the flower cycle I'm ready at full nutes and know how much they can take. Just remember all strains are different, and can only take so much so watch and learn the strain you choose, and if you do stick with it long enough. It will reward you. This is just suggestions from my personal experience. Everyone is defferent. You'll find your niche and when you do It will be a breeze from there on out for you and that strain, til the next issue comes up...LOL..

what exactly do ya mean by strengths? do you mean dilute it with water?

ah ok thanks, btw my ls.d seeds just got here! ill now keep everyone posted with their progress even though they are stil only germinating, this is my soil set im growing a hydro set to. the hydro just has so much you need to know the soil will be much easier...im hoping anyway since i havent grown anything outside of mids from my towns dealer who grows pretty good homegrown stuff but its just reg stuff. ill get pics when i find my cord though lol

well shit hit the fan...my ls.d germinated so i planted it but i as i was putting my plants up the cup it was planted in fell over and it all spilled out couldnt even find the seed so now i gotta redo it but this was a couple days ago probly monday or sunday,and i have a new ls.d seed germing but it still isnt done..and my ice seed still isnt done! i know germing can take a long time sometimes but these are good quality seeds (supposedly, got em from worldseeds drchronic, i had to go to the main distributers directly since attitudeseeds and singleseeds was messing up for me) anyone know if its a good or bad idea to put the big bloom liquid stuff oh a plant thats in soil? the bottle says hydroponic so i would think not but how could it possibly hurt it.

Hi Ravager26

sorry you lost a seed, don't worry were all a little clumsy sometimes.

Anyway about your question regarding hydroponics nutrients in soil. They can be used with no problems but you must remember hydroponics nutrients are instantly available so go easy to you get a feel for your plants needs, or invest in some soil based nutrients.

thanks maybe ill put a lil in some water and use that till i have to keep it for my hydroponics system, but just to confirm this, there is no way to speed up germination right? what are the pefect settings for germination? i use a wet paper towel in two plates and the seed is sandwhiched in the towels but the water smells kinda weird and is cold should i renew the water?

I the water smells thats never a good sign! change the water and make sure you put your plate in a warm place.

i've started to use plastic topper ware containers to germ seeds with some clingfilm on the top, as i've noticed plates can get cold when not put on something and then you risk cooking your seed.

Keep temps between 75 and 80f when germinating seeds

thanks! could i wrap the tupperware in a blanket? because all of mine are see through and i dont have any out of the way places that light doesnt get to so i use containers that are light proof but tupperware isnt. also one of my liquids for the plants does not say hydro it only says instant liquid plant food big bloom, so can i not use it for my hydroponic? also someone said sumthing about using bushmasters from humbdolt to keep it short and bushy but are there versions for both soil and hydro? and could i plant one of my seeds in my dro tub before the other one? because idk how tall ls.d will get so i was hoping to grow it out first then the ice later when the ls.d is under control.
p.s. anyone know if i can use tiger bloom big bloom and bushmaster all together?

Heres some info on the products you asked about using together. I cant see why it wouldnt be possible to use together. Bushmasters is a sea kelp product. Which is organic and wouldnt halt any of the other products from working. YOu could even just use it as a foliar if you would like.

Tiger Bloom: was designed for both soil and hydroponic applications, organic based Tiger Bloom (2-8-4) is a potent, fast acting, high phosphorous plant fertilizer.

Fox Farms Big Bloom: is a microbially active, water soluble plant food formulated to gives your plants strong, extra large, multiple blooms and sweeter fruit without synthetics.

The 100% natural and organic biologically active liquid formula of Big Bloom can be applied as a nutrient in drip irrigation and hyrdroponic systems, or as a foliar spray.
Derived from: earthworm castings, bat and seabird guano, rock phosphate, sulfate of potash magnesia (a natural mineral) and Norwegian kelp.

Bushmasters:

SOIL: The optimal dose will vary between varieties but typically falls between 4 and 20 ml. per gallon of water (a little less than 1 teaspoon up to 4 tsp). It's usually applied in one watering but the user is encouraged to experiment. Most users find that the optimum dose is 5-10 ml. (1-2 teaspoons) per gallon. First time users should apply varying doses from 1-2 tsp/ gallon to a few plants and observe them through the end of the cycle, then choose the dose that yields the best result or run a second cycle of tests at higher or lower doses. It's usually applied at the beginning of the bloom cycle although some users wait up to 2 weeks.

HYDROPONICS: The usual method is to use _ to 1 _ teaspoons (2 _ to 7 _ ml.) per gallon and run for 3 days max. For some strains it's best to run in plain water. If the intention is to apply at the beginning of bloom, many users add BushMaster to their nutrient tank right at the end of the grow cycle for 3 days max and then switch the reservoir to bloom nutrients. Optimizing BushMaster in hydro is trickier than soil since you can't apply varying amounts to a few plants at a time. A good rule of thumb is that the length of time you run BushMaster is more important than the dose. Larger doses should be run for shorter periods and smaller doses should be run longer.

CAUTION: MORE IS NOT BETTER!
ACTIVE INGREDIENT:
NONPLANT FOOD INGREDIENT:1.5% ASCOPHYLLUM NODOSUM (SEA KELP)

Oh and one more thing about the germinating process. I use a wet paper towel to put them in, place them in a ziplock not fully closed, place in in the top shelf of a cubord and leave it alone for 2 days then (((BAM!!))) tap roots. It may take longer depending on the viablility of the seeds.

Back
Top Bottom