First Grow: Single Plant Closet CFL - White Widow

She just woke up and what a difference 24 hours makes! She perked right back up, has a lovely dark green color, and has added substantial new growth in only 24 hours!

Day_3_New_Growth.jpg

Everything above the red line is new growth within 24 hours!

Couple updates today...

First, when I switched over to blooming I put in my 2700k CFL's and watered her with Bloom Nutes (I used the 'transition to bloom' amounts recommended on the bottle). The next day I was gone all day and couldn't check on her. I came home to find my grow box almost 100 degrees and some leaf burns from the lights being too close to the plant. I guess these CFL's are running MUCH hotter than my vegging lights.

Day-5-Burns.jpg

It only affected 2 leafs, and all new growth looks mighty healthy since raising the height of my lights.

I also noticed that some of my new growth is sprouting 7 and even a 9 point leaf! Is this normal? My plant started with 3 point leafs for the first few nodes, then the standard 5 point leafs throughout vegging, and now that I've switched to blooming, she's popping out 7 and 9 point leafs. Any reason for concern, or is my baby just super excited and growing crazy?!

Day-5-Extra-Leafs.jpg

Spent some time over the weekend making an LST screen. I had some standard chicken wire, cut portions out to make the spacing bigger. I've trained my girl to bend 90* and she's creating lots of new bud sites.

Day_11_LST_copy.jpg

Day_11_LST_Top.jpg

I HIGHLY recommend NOT using metal or chicken wire for screens. It's so easy to poke through the leaves when using thin metal wire. As you can see, some of the leaves are dying because I accidentally ripped of poked through them while arranging the plant on the screen. Luckily, none of the bud sites were affected.

Next time, definitely starting to train her earlier, and using string screen.

Hi Hoppy, sorry to hear about your first girl :(

Looks like it suffered from 'Damping Off' ...here is an excerpt from Wiki..

"Damping off (or damping-off) is a horticultural disease or condition, caused by a number of different pathogens that kill or weaken seeds or seedlings before or after they germinate. It is most prevalent in wet and cool conditions"
damping_off.jpg
damping_off_2.jpg

Oh well it's behind you now and the new plant is coming along rather nicely:) Lots of healthy greenery, and I love seeing CFL grows.
Will be following this one for sure.

FunkySkunk, thank you for the info, that looks and sounds like exactly what I did wrong!

Here's an update after 2 weeks in bloom...

WHO'S THAT LADY, SEXY LADY!

Day_16_Top.jpg

Day_16_Bud_Growth.jpg

Nice coverage on the grow. This little girl has came a long way, I am interested to see how this turns out in the end. You started with 180 watts of power, what is the power of the 2700 K bulbs that you put in? Anyway nice growing with them little lights, it's nice to see people pull buds out with CFLs time and time again. :thumb:

Nice coverage on the grow. This little girl has came a long way, I am interested to see how this turns out in the end. You started with 180 watts of power, what is the power of the 2700 K bulbs that you put in? Anyway nice growing with them little lights, it's nice to see people pull buds out with CFLs time and time again. :thumb:

Thanks for following along!

I've currently got her under 8x 23watt bulbs, so about the same wattage as Veg.

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED:

I have to move at the end of the month, unexpectedly. What's the best way to transport my baby? to our new home, only a few miles away? I'm mostly concerned about disturbing the plant, since she's in a screen.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom