First Grow: Stunted White Widow Auto LED Microgrow

Day 68! Day 3 of drying. As the fan leaves shrink the lovely buds reveal their beauty. The larger buds don't compress and are dense. Sticky and smelling very rich. Trying to bend the stems since the plant was so squat with short branches will be interesting lol...

The temp and humidity have been perfect mostly at 19.5C, rH 50%. To achieve this I just kept some water in a tray at the bottom of the tent with the fan blowing down at it. I've not found the need for the humidifier. Without water it would be 40%. I decided to raise the humidity to 55% by adding more water since I have my extractor fan on and it might speed the drying up too much on 45-50%.

IMG_20210227_070911467.jpg
IMG_20210227_070751815.jpg

I removed any leaves that were completely dry and crispy, lifted up other clusters to make sure the buds get airflow.

IMG_20210227_074329508.jpg

Upon observing the wilted leaves I noticed a cluster of brown dots on the underside of a leaf, looking suspiciously like spider mites which would be weird in my setting. I decided to inspect with the microscope to be sure and it looks like resin secreted to protect the leaf from some damage:

21-02-27 075149.png
21-02-27 074948.png

Did you leave the fan leaves on to slow the drying process?
Yeah I wanted a nice slow dry. Once when I was testing the carbon filter, I left a jar of kinda moist bud open in there and it was completely dry and ruined within a few hours, so I know it can get dry in there quickly.

Day 73! Day 8 of drying. I arrived at a crossroads where the buds felt dry but the stems were not cracking, just bending. I was prepared to do the final trim then jar last night but I didn't have time so I chopped one small branch off to test and see where we were. Most of the buds felt dry on the outside where the more larfy buds still had some moisture in the leafy part. As for smell there is a mix of a dull grass smell mixed with the nice smell of terpenes.

From above with flash:

IMG_20210303_192629347.jpg

After a little trim I jarred the few buds with a mini hygrometer and waited for a reading. It was somewhere around 58% to which it rose to 62% in an hour. I came back home 10 hours later and it read 66% so I opened the jar and it went to 58% within a few minutes and I resealed. Opening the jar up again greets my nose with a beautiful sweet pine smell and much less grass smell. My amateur perception tells me it is okay to take all the buds off later tonight and just regulate the moisture with burping.

IMG_20210304_084828855.jpg

I also did a little smoke test. Threw a tiny bit of trim with a tiny larfy bud in the grinder and it smoked smoothly in a joint and the high is pleasant. I may give my self a little tolerance break soon to really take this White Widow in.

Now as for weight, the scales are cheap trash but its looking between 14-18g. Will check again when I do take off all the buds later.

Everything is trimmed and jarred now so the cure begins! The buds have been sitting at 56% rH in the jar and I'll leave it for some hours to see if it raises by its self or if I need to add a bodeva pack early. As for smell there is no foul grass smell at all. Lots of sweet pine.

Frosty af:

full

Smoked some more trim and bud that had been jarred since yesterday and I can say it smoked perfectly. Ash is on the whiter side already and I assume it will become more white as chlorophyll reduces. The high is a clear cerebral buzz which does karate on my nervous system. Can still feel and taste what I smoked in the morning even after a big meal.

IMG_20210305_1158455101.jpg

I appreciate everyone for participating in my first growing experience :kiss:

Next I'll be growing Buddha Haze Auto from Big Buddha Seeds. I'll be starting very soon so stay tuned!

Back
Top Bottom