First Grow: Stunted White Widow Auto LED Microgrow

H1gherD1mensionz

Hello everyone! This is my first ever grow and I'm starting up the journal a few weeks into flower. Here will be my stunted White Widow Auto which is growing inside a cupboard in a small tent.

IMG_20210124_194807628_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210124_194819121_HDR.jpg

L70 x W30 x D30cm tent
95W dimmable full spectrum+ir LED board
18/6 light cycle
Temps 20C - 28C
RH 30-40%
Passive intake, Arctic P-12 static pressure PC fan exhausting through a 200mm carbon filter
5ltr fabric pot
Seeded in Biobizz Allmix soil
Biobizz grow, bloom, topmax nutes, coconut water, aloe vera gel, apple cidar vinegar to pH water/feeds to 6.5 on a wet/dry cycle every 2-3 days

[will edit in a few earlier pics when I can get them online]

Starting here at day 34 it is evident she didn't veg much at all. I believe this was caused by 2 episodes of overwatering, far too early LST and perhaps giving a dash of grow nutes too early as in hindsight the leaves were always a darker green compared to other grows. From seedling I slowly increased the light intensity from 15% to 50% currently. I didn't keep a proper document of the crucial stage when the pistols first showed up, but they came very early around day 14-17 which prompted me to bend her over with soft wire. To control humidity I've been using small dishes of water and a bottle with tissue hanging out to wick moisture into the air.

IMG_20210124_195010783_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210124_195206504_HDR.jpg

Day 39 she grew some and packed on a lot of trichromes. As her aroma increases my PC fan carbon filter setup is holding up fine with no smell outside the tent at all. The weather has been getting very random with cold spikes and random warmer days, causing temp and humidity control to be a battle.

IMG_20210129_100034299_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210129_100515810.jpg

Thank you for any input and comments :)

Day 44! I learned a lesson about humidifiers. Do not use non-distilled water in a small space because it coats everything in a fine calcium powder :nervous-guy:Nonetheless she continues to go deeper into flower as I'm noticing actual "bud" growths on the flower with slight purple hues on them which is hard to see in the pic.

IMG_20210203_103337329_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210203_103406823_HDR.jpg

Now I have not actually taken her out of the tent for a while and decided to check how she looks "from behind" and she looks surprisingly thicc if I do say:

IMG_20210203_104541399_HDR.jpg

Inspecting the leaves I noticed some tips were pointing down which I read was a nitrogen deficiency. I also made the error of watering/feeding way too late on my current 3 day schedule. This immediately caused some fan leaves to slightly droop with the older fan leaves rapidly turning yellow. On this feeding I decided to skip the grow nute completely to see if it helps with the nitrogen issue. Perhaps the swings in temp/rH could be causing the bent tips?

IMG_20210203_103451239_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210203_103435045_HDR.jpg

Lastly I had decided to flick the lights up from 50 to 60% and it seems to have made the tips go yellow so I dialed it back down to 50% after a day.

IMG_20210203_103538635_HDR.jpg

Leaves clawing can be nitrogen toxicity. The upper growth looks fine to me. Quite dark so maybe on the verge of too much N. How much Grow have you been using? Autos can be quite sensitive. Looking good though mate :welldone:

Oh and if you drop your pH slightly to 6.3 that will be ideal.

Looking good :thumb: the soil looks dry and the yellowing leaves leads me to say she is cannibalizing the larger fan leaves. I don't know about your feeding schedule.:morenutes:
Yeah I also read that its normal for them to eat their lower leaves at this stage so I'm not too worried, besides there is a fresh leaf sitting under it ready for light. For feeding schedule I have been following the Biobizz chart and I'm current giving grow 1ml, bloom 3ml, topmax 1ml, coconut water 25ml, I stopped the aloe vera. I'll be adding more topmax now.

Leaves clawing can be nitrogen toxicity. The upper growth looks fine to me. Quite dark so maybe on the verge of too much N. How much Grow have you been using? Autos can be quite sensitive. Looking good though mate :welldone:

Oh and if you drop your pH slightly to 6.3 that will be ideal.
I've kept it at around 1ml every watering but I might have added too much one or two feeds. I'll certainly drop the ph now.

I'm weary of adding grow nutes now even though the chart says give it all the way through. I will add only 0.5ml this next feed. And for sure I'm definitely seeing how sensitive they can be.

Fuck! Does that mean the plant is stressing tf out?? I should pick that thing off right?
It has had stress or its genetic. Check all your flowers and remove any nanners as they appear. But hopefully that's the only one.

I was actually reading up on hermies and nanners etc last night. Was aware of them before but didn't know much and I'm planning to cross several feminised strains and my reading took me there so decided to spend some time trying to get a better understanding.

It has had stress or its genetic. Check all your flowers and remove any nanners as they appear. But hopefully that's the only one.
Yes it was the only one I could find. Here is the aftermath:

IMG_20210205_125201678.jpg

Pluck em finish it out and then :lot-o-toke: should be ok.
Yes I just did some quick reading on others who had nanners show up in week 7, the instructions were to wet the area to kill any potential pollen then pluck it. This is a Fast Buds seed and they say it finishes in 9 weeks so should be okay then.

Yes it was the only one I could find. Here is the aftermath:

IMG_20210205_125201678.jpg

Yes I just did some quick reading on others who had nanners show up in week 7, the instructions were to wet the area to kill any potential pollen then pluck it. This is a Fast Buds seed and they say it finishes in 9 weeks so should be okay then.
If you caught it early enough you shouldn't have any pollen. Keep vigilant.

Day 49! These past few days have been a banana war. The other day I checked her again and found 3 nanners which I promptly plucked. Today I could only find one hiding away in the main bud. :eye-roll:

It is now snowing around England which has caused my temps to drop down to 23C from 27C prior lights on which scares me for the lights off cycle. The rH is also difficult to keep up with it on a low 30% even though I watered yesterday which usually keeps the rH up enough. I've put the humidifier outside the tent for some slight increase hopefully, don't want calcium powder again with it inside.

If going by the 9 weeks finish time this will be my last week of feeding, followed by 1 week of watering to flush to which it should be time to harvest.

IMG_20210208_105212986_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210208_105334069_HDR.jpg

Random microscope trichrome shot:
Screenshot_20210207-113717.png

Back
Top Bottom