First Grow Week 1 Bloom: Raspberry Cough, Sterling Haze, BlackJack & A Freebie

Re: First Grow - Week 1 Bloom - Raspberry Cough - Sterling Haze - BlackJack & A Freeb

I followed the ratios recommended by General Hydro FloraSeries (chart below). Seems to have worked well. Never had any nutrient issues at all.

I also used CaliMagic, Biotonicare Hydroguard and FloraKbloom where suggested. I have been flushing for a week with FloraKleen.

Been checking trichomes daily. They're about 50 percent milky. I still think there are several days to go -- it's already taking longer to transition than I thought. I wonder if I could have waited another week before starting to flush. No going back now.

Re: First Grow - Week 1 Bloom - Raspberry Cough - Sterling Haze - BlackJack & A Freeb

I did not think the day would ever come, but yesterday, I harvested. 13-plus weeks of flower. I and two helpers spent 4-5 hours yesterday trimming. When all was said and done, it came in at 5 pounds, two hours wet. That was from three plants.

Here's a bud in the process of trimming:

D7502.jpg

The root systems on the three plants in the PowerGrower modules were absoluetely massive. The plants were practically pot bound.

D7501.jpg

Funny, a few weeks back I ordered a mesh hanging basket off eBay and when it got lost in the mail, I ordered another one off Amazon. I thought I would only need one. Good thing they both showed up because I needed them.

D7503.jpg
D7504.jpg

I have about half a shopping bag of trimming from the three plants plus what I could get off two other plants were so puny and had very few flowers. I'm going to try to make bubble hash with that. Ordered some bags yesterday to give that a whirl in icy water.

Current temps are good, around 70 degrees. Humidity is low (37%) and optimally it should be more like 48 pecent, I've read. It's sunny and warm today and what snow is on the ground is melting, so the humidity should go up for the next few days. I'll wait an see if I need to do anything about the humidity.

There were several huge colas like this one, I'm trimming:
bigcola3.jpg

So I decided to try making hash from the trimmings, which have been in the freezer for a few days. I bought some bubble bags off Amazon:

IMG_154935.JPG

I put five of the eight bags, ending with the one with the finest mesh, into a five-gallon bucket. I filled it half with cold water and poured in a big bag of ice. Then I dumped in three or four big handfuls of trim (about a third of what I harvested). And stirred for 20 minutes (it felt like an hour) adding ice as needed to keep it to a 50/50 ratio of water and ice:

IMG_155426.jpg

Here's what I got out of it (dime for scale). On the left is what came from the finest (bottom bag) mesh and on the right is what came from the other meshes.

IMG_155732.jpg

Yep, it's surprisingly good. I never figured I would have gotten this far...

The buds are in the process of drying. I say another day or two before they're ready for jars. My basement is really dry 32-40 percent humidity and the buds are drying fast. I don't want them to dry too much...

I have 1 quart mason jars with Boveda humidipaks for curing.

The outsides of the buds are crunchy, indicating that I can put them in jars for curing. Drying time was less than I first expected. My basement is very dry, and things have been moving fast. I can't risk overdrying them.

23 one quart mason jars... The indoor lighting does not really show the true color.

jars23.jpg

jars24.jpg

This is my last post. I've had a few test smokes, herb and hash, and it's as good as any I usually buy (many of the popular strains).

I hope the journal was interesting to the few who checked in. I was hoping to get a bunch of feddback, tips and help but that never really panned out. Too many journals, too little time.

Congratulations that's an awesome yield. By the way that website is where I get my grow information. I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the feedback you was looking for but you done an awesome job and should be proud. Keep a close eye on your buds. If the stems didn't snap there can still be a lot of moisture in your buds. I probably wouldn't add the bovida packs until I was sure I needed them.

That was helpful, thanks. After reading your comment about the Boveda paks, I read a bit more and decided to take them out for the first few weeks of curing. I'm keeping a close eye on the buds, just as you say.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom