First Time Grower - Ever!

P10101748.JPG

I've got a 300w LED with 3w chips. According to the manufacturer it should be between 0.5m tp 1.5 m from the top of the plant depending on the stage of growth.

Both my 600's and my 300 are 3w chips .

Directions given by people who make lights, not people who grow pot..... Their saying between 20" and 5' ...:rofl:

Yes that's why I recommend originally setting the lights at about 16-18 and let your plants grow to the lights until you see signs of unhappiness or cal/mag definceny . My light mfg recommends the same distance but I have learned that everything is pretty good up until the 8-10 mark after a day or two at that level my leafs will freckle unless I really bump up the cal/mag . Right now they are freckled because wasn't paying attention and didn't bump up the cal/mag in time . So I have and moved the lights up to 16" to minimize the stress .

Yes that's why I recommend originally setting the lights at about 16-18 and let your plants grow to the lights until you see signs of unhappiness or cal/mag definceny . My light mfg recommends the same distance but I have learned that everything is pretty good up until the 8-10 mark after a day or two at that level my leafs will freckle unless I really bump up the cal/mag . Right now they are freckled because wasn't paying attention and didn't bump up the cal/mag in time . So I have and moved the lights up to 16" to minimize the stress .

This is good info! +REPS

I hadn't thought about it until I read your previous post, but as it turns out, this grow I had an unusually tall plant in my tent and really didn't have enough distance from the lights. For the first time since I've been growing, I actually had to remove the light hangers so I could place the LED right to the top of the tent, and even then, it was only 6" above the canopy.

The leaves only got slightly burnt, but it was also the first time since I've been growing that I've experienced a significant mag deficiency. I didn't even relate that deficiency to the light distance until I read your last post on it! :welldone:

This is good info! +REPS

I hadn't thought about it until I read your previous post, but as it turns out, this grow I had an unusually tall plant in my tent and really didn't have enough distance from the lights. For the first time since I've been growing, I actually had to remove the light hangers so I could place the LED right to the top of the tent, and even then, it was only 6" above the canopy.

The leaves only got slightly burnt, but it was also the first time since I've been growing that I've experienced a significant mag deficiency. I didn't even relate that deficiency to the light distance until I read your last post on it! :welldone:

Thank you . Like I had said earler this is my first round with led's and when my leaves started spotting I was like wtf "overfertaliztion?" Already , no way . So I search high and low and found out about how under led's these plants use ALOT more cal/mag .

Glad it answered some questions for you .

No Pain, how much more did you end up increasing your cal/mag by? I've not increased mine and was wondering if I needed to what would be a good starting point? I've got a five gal. bucket with four gal. RO and I'm adding half a tea. per gal.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

No Pain, how much more did you end up increasing your cal/mag by? I've not increased mine and was wondering if I needed to what would be a good starting point? I've got a five gal. bucket with four gal. RO and I'm adding half a tea. per gal.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I use Calimagic by gh , what are you using .. I'm guessing that you are adding half of recommended ? If so I would say you are safe using double of what's recommended for two reasons , one your using ro water and two she is under a led . But since you are into X weeks of flowering I would start with recommended and increase it if you see signs of a deficiency.

I dont notice any extra calmag issues under leds so must be down to growing conditions.and light companys do test there lights before they sell them hence the info they give lol;)

I use Calimagic by gh , what are you using .. I'm guessing that you are adding half of recommended ? If so I would say you are safe using double of what's recommended for two reasons , one your using ro water and two she is under a led . But since you are into X weeks of flowering I would start with recommended and increase it if you see signs of a deficiency.

I'm using GH nutes, flora series, with their Calimagic and half a tsp/gal is half the recommended dose. I'll keep an eye open for that.

Thanks! :thanks:

:Namaste:

Fingers crossed, but have haven't seen any cal mag issues YET on my plants either and I'm running 6 LED's. The key word is yet.

What kind of system / water are you using and what's the distance of your lights ?

I'm using GH nutes, flora series, with their Calimagic and half a tsp/gal is half the recommended dose. I'll keep an eye open for that.

Thanks! :thanks:

I'm using the same nutes ...with ro water use atleast 1 teaspoon .

She is coming along nicely , looks nice and healthy . Just a little naked do to the Defol . But I feel you will be just fine :) . I have just never defoled , don't ask me why I just never have , one day mabey .

She is coming along nicely , looks nice and healthy . Just a little naked do to the Defol . But I feel you will be just fine :) . I have just never defoled , don't ask me why I just never have , one day mabey .

Thanks NP! :thanks:

I think defol can be a good thing when done properly. I definitely pulled a noob on it and over did it. It's all a learning process though. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm finding I really need to watch her pH now. It tends to want to drop and I'm adjusting it a couple of times a day. Once when the lights come on and again before she goes to bed. Doing what I can to get her through this grow.

Back
Top Bottom