First Time Grower - Ever!

P10101178.JPG

P10101187.JPG

Day 58 Since her tail sprouted and day 15 of 12/12. Wanted to share a couple of pics of her in her tent.
Have a great week all!
:Namaste: :peacetwo: :green_heart:

P10101194.JPG

P10101205.JPG

P10101216.JPG

P10101226.JPG

P10101236.JPG

P10101246.JPG

Here's my white widow, day 19 into 12/12.

Trying to be a good noob when I first started I read, I planned but there's nothing like experience. So today I found myself having to re-work my tent to raise my light. I wasn't prepared for how much she was going to stretch when I put her into 12/12. I managed to get another 8-10". Thoroughly enjoying the journey and really looking forward to being to take that first taste of something I grew. Until then guess I'll go enjoy some of, hopefully, last bud I ever bought. Totally addicted to growing!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

:peacetwo: :Namaste: :blunt:

Nice grow dude! Doing mine in a similar setup. My first grow I did just one plant in my 3x3 tent, 600w full spectrum LED, carbon filter exhaust, etc. Now I'm doing 4 in the same space.

A couple of bits of advice. Prune that girl back. Her biggest fan leaves are just sucking energy out of the plant. Once removed, new growth is spurred on elsewhere. The more you defoliate, the bigger your yield (IMHO). Also, next time, use a SCROG to train her so that she grows under a net and all of the buds grow upwards. Again, bigger yields (IMHO).

Check out the similarities of our grow's. There's a link to it below.

Great job!

Nice grow dude! Doing mine in a similar setup. My first grow I did just one plant in my 3x3 tent, 600w full spectrum LED, carbon filter exhaust, etc. Now I'm doing 4 in the same space.

A couple of bits of advice. Prune that girl back. Her biggest fan leaves are just sucking energy out of the plant. Once removed, new growth is spurred on elsewhere. The more you defoliate, the bigger your yield (IMHO). Also, next time, use a SCROG to train her so that she grows under a net and all of the buds grow upwards. Again, bigger yields (IMHO).

Check out the similarities of our grow's. There's a link to it below.

Great job!

Hi Growing, thanks for the advice! :thanks:

I read that cleaning up the bottom leaves gets the growing focused on the buds but I was afraid to prune too much during the flowering stage. I'll go clean her up now. I checked out your grow and I'm liking your scrog net, did you build that? I've been thinking after getting this first grow under my belt to go with multiple plants for my next. I'll be watching yours to get more tips and how to do my next one.
Thanks again!

:peacetwo::Namaste:

IMG_351811.JPG

IMG_351612.JPG

IMG_35158.JPG

Greetings all! I hope everyone is having a good week.
So I was browsing the forums today and found an interesting thread on defoliation and realized I needed to do more than what I had. Being a noob on his first grow I was afraid to over do it, but after looking at some examples of what other members have done and the results afterwards I understood what I needed to do.

In the process I noticed a couple of the leaves I removed had some frost on them, so I put them aside and later came back and pulled out my new microscope. Been waiting for the opportunity to try out the new toy. Above are my first trichome pics.

After cleaning up the girl I realized how much more light is getting to the bud sites now. I want to take this opportunity to thank all the people involved in the forum for taking the time to share their knowledge and experience. Because of all of you I feel like my first grow will be a much more successful grow than had I attempted this blind, without anyone else to look to.

Thank You! :circle-of-love::thanks:
:peacetwo::Namaste:

Personally if the leaf isn't blocking a budding site from getting light I leave it as is. I think of it like this the leaves are what use the nutrients to make the sugars and carbohydrates for the buds to form without them they will form but not as big. You will still get nice hard buds but not the huge show stopping colas no way for them to grow if they can covert the nutes.

Personally if the leaf isn't blocking a budding site from getting light I leave it as is. I think of it like this the leaves are what use the nutrients to make the sugars and carbohydrates for the buds to form without them they will form but not as big. You will still get nice hard buds but not the huge show stopping colas no way for them to grow if they can covert the nutes.

Not planning on doing this anymore during the grow, I'm guessing she's got around 6 more weeks of flower left so I thought it was worth trying. I was reading some threads I found on defoliation and saw how people got bigger yields by doing this. As long as I get some kind of yield I figure it's a successful grow. If I can get a larger yield then it's a more successful grow, but if i don't try things and make mistakes I won't learn. I'm willing to take the chance.

Thanks for the info Spart, I welcome all words of wisdom.

:thanks: :Namaste:

:thedoubletake:

And I was wondering what kind of defoliation was this if you've got trichomes on the leaves?

This is not defoliation. This is trimming. You really gave her a crew-cut :)

Hey Croatsan!
I may have gotten a little overzealous with the clippers, it's a learning process. :laughtwo:

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom