First hydro, Deep Water Culture, 400w MH/HPS Sour Diesel, Northern Lights

Re: FryingPanFlyer's first hydro, Deep Water Culture, 400w MH/HPS Sour Diesel, Northern Lig

Damn Fry , You sound like a very busy guy . I think you need to take a trip down to those caves , get medicated and unwind. As soon as the rain stops here I'm heading to the coffee shop (after getting toasted) to read the paper and watch the cuties ..by the way here's a pic of that little puck press ...
press_0011.jpg
not bad for 5 bucks !! :peace: Take it easy... but take it !

One more thing about the kief press, I checked on Amazon and there are a bunch of them, including several with grinders for about $20. Is there a need for the grinders?

Re: FryingPanFlyer's first hydro, Deep Water Culture, 400w MH/HPS Sour Diesel, Northern Lig

I love my grinder it breaks things down so you can roll a nice joint, it burns a little more even in a pipe . Plus mine has a bottom section that catches the kief too. You know Fry, I think I know now (or is it now know) how I keep getting burnt leaves ! I always add nutes to the water when I top off and I've been wondering why the ppm keeps climbing !. I've been having to drain a gallon out too add plain water to bring it down !!I think I'll follow your way and add plain ph'd water !! Save my nutes as well !! Thanks for the lesson sensi (AorB ?) :rofl:

I don;t have a hard rule about the add water. If the plants are eating and the ppm is going down then they get more nutes in the water. Otherwise they get water only just in case the nute load is too hot for them. Oh, and remember too little is just too little but too much is a problem.

MC,My problem has been I always added nutes to my water when I topped off the res, however lately the ppm has been going up so I've been adding water either plain or with much lower nutes. I can't figure out what causes this . My water temp is fine about 68 air temp high 70s ph has been very stable at around 6 (yellowish if you use the liquid) Buds are getting thick and heavy but the leaves always look nasty !? I need to get off my ass and take a pic or two ...Wish I knew why they ain't eatin ...:hmmmm:

MC,My problem has been I always added nutes to my water when I topped off the res, however lately the ppm has been going up so I've been adding water either plain or with much lower nutes. I can't figure out what causes this . My water temp is fine about 68 air temp high 70s ph has been very stable at around 6 (yellowish if you use the liquid) Buds are getting thick and heavy but the leaves always look nasty !? I need to get off my ass and take a pic or two ...Wish I knew why they ain't eatin ...:hmmmm:

When you check the ppm one day and it's say 1000 ppm and the next morning when you check, before adding anything, the ppm has gone up it means the plants used the water and not all the nutes, therefore the increased ppm. I was noticing that so I've been letting them have less each day, I'm trying to match their useage.

Well I've been mixing my nutes say when I change my res .I shoot for around 1200 ppm,the water is pretty good it's only 50 ppm. Thats with sensi A&B from AN.I also add 5ml per gallon cal mag and a little (some kind of hydrazine thats helps process dead roots etc) .After the second day of adding the same nute solution it'll be up to 1400-1500 ppm. Thats when I add plain water. But why arn't they taking up the nutes ? Also the buds and colas are huge but I'm not noticing as many trichs forming on the trim leaves !? All trichs are clear and no hairs getting red yet. This is the last of the AK48s I'm just not to happy with the troubles. My bag seed grows are doing great and so are those two freebee sativas I wish I could have held off so I could have planted them outside! there already flowering for 3 wks . Easy to ramble on when your bored ain't it Fry ? I need a bit of that puck to perk me up be back later.. ol hippy ..out:peace:

How far are you into flower. Leaves get real funky at the end of the grow anyway. They want more N and we don't give it to them to tell the plant to put the energy into the buds. Heck, grow a leaf out of the bud if it needs it.

If the leaves are funky and you have some time left before they are mature you might want to add a little more grow nutes to pep them up. I experimented last time with adding extra grow nutes (N) during flower the last time and the leaves were green but the bud was slightly less dense but more numerous so I figure I kind of came out even.

Your right MC it's probably the fact that it's been flowering for about 7 wks .But I still don't understand the lack of trichs ? Must be the strain .I'll have to try a white widow or something to get the snow effect ! Thanks for the input ..

How far are you into flower. Leaves get real funky at the end of the grow anyway. They want more N and we don't give it to them to tell the plant to put the energy into the buds. Heck, grow a leaf out of the bud if it needs it.

If the leaves are funky and you have some time left before they are mature you might want to add a little more grow nutes to pep them up. I experimented last time with adding extra grow nutes (N) during flower the last time and the leaves were green but the bud was slightly less dense but more numerous so I figure I kind of came out even.

I agree with you there MostlyCrazy! I keep a little bit of organic 16-0-0 on hand and like to give my lil' Girls a taste once a week at about 1/4 strength. Seems to do the trick, but ofcourse they have little growth spurts too. It's ok with me untill i get about a foot from max hight with the light.
:ganjamon::bongrip::reading420magazine:

Thanks again guys I feel better now!! I'll try a little nitrogen and see if we get a little more green ...:peace:

Hey guys, just back from the caves and enjoying a couple of margaritas right now.

Ol hippy, sounds like they've got you covered, sounds good to me. This time I'm going easy on the nutes. Tomorrows res change will be at 6 1/2 weeks. Last week I set them at about 700 ppm and watched it drift down about 50 ppm/ day to about 400 today. I kept adding the carbo load and Super Thrive each day with water top off.

Tomorrow I'll set the nutes at about 500 ppm and watch that drift down adding the carbs and ST with water top offs. The next week res change I'll refill with just the carbs and ST, no nutes for the last week and a half.

Now, knowing that, my tallest buds have leaves with curling tips, edges and getting hard. The AN nutes I'm using are like 6-9-12 so it's a pretty mellow mix. But the leaves are getting just plain gnarly! They are at the end of their life cycle, before long they will be raid over my kief screen, I'm almost done with them.

Just finished watching Bill Maher, New Rules was pretty straight to the point wasn't it. Love it!

Hello Bro! how you been doing! yeah My wife and I watch his show every friday live, that one was last fridays yeah loved his new rules at hte end of the shows, have you seen his latest standup show on HBO? if not you should try and catch it! he really get in to it! you'll love it.

Okay, time for some pics.

Today was res change day, day 61 of flower, about 2 1/2 weeks out.

I'm dropping my nute concentration, I'm at about 550 ppm after change. I've found the plants are using about 50 ppm/day so I'm slowing down, don't want to lock the up this close to the end.

So, I added 3 tbs each of the AN Sensi A&B and Big Bud and 2 tbs of the Liquid Carbo Load to the 6 gallon res. To the 3 gallon (5 gallon bucket) I added half the nutes. Next week at res change I'll flush with straight water (pH'd of course)

Last week I concentrated pics on the Sour Diesel, let's look at the northern Lights today.

IMG_19154.jpg

IMG_19142.jpg

IMG_19126.jpg

IMG_19092.jpg

IMG_19082.jpg

IMG_19074.jpg

IMG_19043.jpg

Enjoy!

You got it tuned it! I've heard many growers that decrease their ppm at the end of the grow. Grandma can't digest those nutes like she use to! Gives her constipation and she can't give a shit! LOL!

You got it tuned it! I've heard many growers that decrease their ppm at the end of the grow. Grandma can't digest those nutes like she use to! Gives her constipation and she can't give a shit! LOL!

I checked AN's nute calculator, they reduce as they get toward the end of flower. I'm just afraid they will lock up if I keep pushing them. Last time I was disappointed with the growth the last two weeks, I'm thinking they locked up. I'm trying it this way this time, I'll find out I guess!

Back
Top Bottom