First Journal - 2nd Hydro Grow - 60W x 6 COB LED - CO2 - Closet - Multiple Strains

Re: First Journal - 2nd Hydro Grow - 60W x 6 Cob LED - CO2 - Closet - Multiple Strain

*Update 12-5-15* Just installed a SCROG. Needed to cover some more space after a bucket died. The line got pinched on the haze, I noticed about 28 hours after; I checked the roots and there was a thin film on the roots. I was tired at the time and just before bed so I just put the plant in the sink, without washing the sink out first, and rinsed the roots/water change; the next day I noticed tons of thick boogery slime on the roots....well I was drunk att and thought it needed some xtra strength h2o2 and poured 3% all over the roots...I knew better, just wasn't in the best decision making frame of mind

So I had some extra room to fill and figured a SCROG would work since I had enough room now for easier water changes. hopefully no more stupid mistakes before harvest. Also, turned CO2 back on. Once every 8 hours for 1 min @ 15 psi. Controller is set to exhaust at 88' or 65% hum. Lights are still on all the time; may knock em down to 18/6 or 20/4 soon

Front -

Top -

Sweettooth - Only one of them are budding, but here it is and it is starting to smell great!

Cheese - Just starting to bud

Kush -

Re: First Journal - 2nd Hydro Grow - 60W x 6 Cob LED - CO2 - Closet - Multiple Strain

admin you can move this to unfinished. the air pump was too small for the plants and when the roots got too big, accompanied with too warm reservoirs, algae/slime took over. i do still recommend the 60w cob led lights. i believe the 90w will be even more powerful, although they are very focused/spot light-ish. and will need to be stacked closely for an even coverage. they seem to be a great price for epistar chips compared to marshydro cob setups, although there are many speculations, that are above my pay grade to comprehend/explain, though i have no data to back this statement up. I think just having a few of them in your setup will help if you mix with a more full spectrum light.

afer my 2nd failed attempt at hydro im going back to dirt. new journal coming soon. getting rid of the tent 4x2x5 , filling up a 29x74x96. Should be done in the next few days, seeds hopefully be here in a week or so

layout3.png

Re: First Journal - 2nd Hydro Grow - 60W x 6 COB LED - CO2 - Closet - Multiple Strain

What a shame man! im sorry to hear your bad experience and that you had to gave up on hydroponics... im about to start a Hydro grow, i'll go with a EBB & Flow system, still building it. Hope it all works fine.

Re: First Journal - 2nd Hydro Grow - 60W x 6 COB LED - CO2 - Closet - Multiple Strain

thanks bro. yeh that grow was a big disappointment. dwc was not for me. i'm setting up for a ebb and flow right now. i'm setup for perpetual right now, so some are still soiless but the grow after will be 6" rockwool cubes in hydroton air pots. just planted a blueberry and 3 lemon skunk a few nights ago :cheer:

this is how i got my top setup now. put a drain bucket on the bottom left side for now. next grow will be used just for flooding but the grow after that i will add a 25g res and use as a ebb/flow flood/drain

IMG_097440.JPG

Back
Top Bottom