New Bubble Buckets Setup After 3 Years Break

IMG_20131129_021520.JPG

DSC_01995.JPG

Hoping for a frosty Christmas. :)

ok new plan on the list, considering she is getting so so bushy, I'm going to try get that Sunmaster 600w DS setup this week, give her the last 2 to 3 weeks of a boost, anyone have any idea how much could it possibly boost in yield? yield is aways a hard one for me since I always been growing with CFL's

here's the AK today from many angles, bushy every where

DSC_02015.JPG

DSC_02005.JPG

DSC_01996.JPG

DSC_01985.JPG

DSC_01978.JPG

DSC_01965.JPG

DSC_01958.JPG

DSC_01947.JPG

DSC_01936.JPG

DSC_01926.JPG

the 6" fan I have already is around the 400 CFM mark, I got the coolshade and ducting to run the exhaust straight from the bulb to outside the tent, no intake fan, hoping I won't be needing one, but I am adding a second oscillating fan to the tent, was just wondering how hot do they get, should have everything to do the switch over tomorrow evening...

OK looking great buddy, but If I was you I would so bend her up some. With my busy many topped plants I bend the outside limbs outward. You have to be careful not to snap em but I find it quite easy. Once you have bent them outward a bit and tethered again. you could open the center up a little. Just my thoughts for better light pen etc. As she does look over crowded lower down in the middle.

thanks LA, yea I have that in mind too as to bending her outward to open up the center and help the rest of the tops that are lower down, but the CFL's wouldn't go any further, the tops on the sides are curving back towards the bulb when I have them pulled out, so I'm just waiting now to get that D/S setup and I can open her up :D over 3 weeks left to go, everything are in except the ducting, I don't want to chance it without the ducting on the coolshade.... hopefully tomorrow night I can get it all up and running and I be pulling her and bending her as much as I can :) I did bend a few branches already around the center to 90 degree so the branch goes across, but you can't see the stem because its so bushy :) hopefully the new setup of lighting bloom her out wider, the CFLs are not even strong enough to cover 1m/q at 625watts, this girl would have covered over 1m/q if the lights could travel that distance without dropping lux so much....

would you have any idea what sort of boost I could gain from the 625w cfl to the 600w d/s LA? last I did was 450w cfls and yield around 6.5 ounces, but the plant was smaller than this ak too, a lot smaller

here's a couple pics I took today anyway :)

DSC_02059.JPG

DSC_02047.JPG

DSC_01997.JPG

DSC_02037.JPG

DSC_02028.JPG

DSC_02016.JPG

DSC_02006.JPG

DSC_01986.JPG

DSC_01979.JPG

DSC_01966.JPG

DSC_01937.JPG

DSC_01927.JPG

still waiting for the ducting to arrive, have the bulb, ballast and coolshade in the box :( disappointed with the shipping....

question on the ballast and bulb, I have the Maxibright DigiLight Pro Select 250-660w ballast and Sunmaster Dual Spectrum 600w Bulb, on the ballast I can switch between 250, 400 and 600, that showning as normal operation, then there are 275, 440 and 660 in green print saying super power, anyone with any knowledge on these setups?

the AK has started to buds, really want to get that setup up and running to help on bud production :( come on ducting....

DSC_01938.JPG

DSC_01948.JPG

DSC_01959.JPG

DSC_01967.JPG

DSC_019710.JPG

DSC_01987.JPG

mucksavage will be keeping a mother of white widow x big bud and a bubblegum mother for me too :) next round I can then have 4 to 6 strains :)

thanks, I think I just leave mine at 600 so, I might right it at lower power at 250 and 400 but I don't think this bulb is meant to run on overdrive....

still waiting for ducting, said to be arriving tomorrow, I hope so...

she is still frosting away happily, think she really could do with the Dual Spectrum by the looks of her

tried the bulb today anyway for few minutes, starts very slow and is white at start, then brightens up to full slowly, it is very bright...

DSC_019210.JPG

DSC_01939.JPG

DSC_01949.JPG

DSC_019510.JPG

did the change over, finally, the temp now dropped on the girl, around the 25.2c mark, light is now good bit further away, and measured with light meter the white board is getting 25,000 Lux, tops are getting over 40,000 lux, so should be good enough, took me long enough to have all that done plus changing the bubbler as it was almost empty :) so I leave the pulling for tomorrow, hope everything are as good as it is now when I go check her tomorrow, I was told there was a strong smell downstairs, but when I went out for few minutes and go back in I stood around the bottom of the stairs I can't smell nothing but rubbish from the bin, I know better tomorrow, could have been some leak when I was doing the fan.... so this is how it looks now....

and here I have a question, anyone familiar with general hydroponics flora bloom? do I need to use that with anything else or it will do on its own? the dose seems very low on the bottle, from what it reads, 15ml or flora bloom to 10 liter of water, that gives me like just below 400ppm so I didn't go by the bottle, as she was use to 1500 to 1600 ppm, I just adjust it to 900ppm for tonight and see how she is tomorrow... anyone can shine some lights there please?

thanks

DSC_02145.JPG
DSC_02158.JPG
DSC_02164.JPG
DSC_02183.JPG
DSC_02194.JPG
DSC_02204.JPG
DSC_02212.JPG
DSC_02223.JPG

Flora Nova and Flora Duo are each a 2 part so bloom is a stand alone (not counting cal/mag or other additives), and the Flora series is a 3 part (3 bottles) mix with Flora Micro, Flora Grow (veg) and Flora Bloom (flower). Also, depending on your meter and conversion ratio, PPM can be exaggerated between you and your subscribers. Also, how far into flower are you? I'm not a DWC grower yet so can't comment to what PPM should be around/about. For the flora series, the schedule I am following goes;

(for veg)
Gro - 3 units
Micro - 2 units
Bloom - 1 unit

(for transition)
Gro - 1 unit
Micro - 1 unit
Bloom - 1 unit

(for flower)
Gro - 1 unit
Micro - 2 units
Bloom - 3 units, then 4 units, then 5 units

A unit represents a standard figure like cc or ml and can be multiplied by the same number to help you determine a dose that would get you close to your target PPM. Eg. for early flower I might use 15ml of Gro, 30ml of Micro and 45ml of Bloom if I had a large res. Those numbers are example of course.

If you have the Flora Bloom of the 3 part (translucent bottle with pink liquid), the nutrient would be helpful, but if the other 2 parts are not supplemented adequately in other ways, the total solution may be lacking and would likely cause problems.

GENERAL HYDROPONICS: Nutrients

Edit - Your plant looks awesome BTW. Nice and chunky! And I really dig your room, wish I had that much space.

Back
Top Bottom