New Bubble Buckets Setup After 3 Years Break

Very nice deacon, you said mine looked frosty but yours :yikes: are frostier than mine.

Getting very close to harvest time for you. +reps.;)

when I look at others buds they always seem to look sweeter and frosty than when I look at mine :) it is getting close, can't wait, but there certainly a little slow down, but the few weeks of delay in exchange for the amount of buds, as long as they are dense and heavy, its all worth the wait :) as it is she is very likely producing more than the 4 plants I had over 3 years ago together :) the most I ever got was 6.5 ounces, these buds are surely over 3g each dried for most part of it, and there are well over 100 tops :) its about 2 to 3 weeks longer at the most, but the increase in yield is worth the delay :)

Awesome work my friend :) you should go up for POTM with her :) Great going well chuffed for ya, as you certainly put the work in!

left the girls alone for 3 days, checked today, examined over 10 branches, they all have 1 or 2 amber trich, so its the beginning of that, thank god :)

they don't get fat like the rest I had with CFL, hope its to do with the light difference, seeing the CFL buds were huge, but they not really that heavy for their sizes, considering CFL buds are known to be un-dense... hope these are just dense and not so fluffy fat :)

I moved her away from the HPS for a few minutes to take some better pics today, couple of them I had to edit to cut some background out, only realize there where things there I didn't want in the photo when I got home...

are these pics good enough for POTM LA?

DSC_0230b.jpg
DSC_02316.JPG
DSC_02347.JPG
DSC_0235b.jpg
DSC_02432.JPG
DSC_02453.JPG
DSC_02472.JPG
DSC_02485.JPG

Sounds like you have her right where most people want her, with just a bit of amber trics on the buds!

Don't get me wrong, there are quite a few of people that like that swift kick in the ass body drop high, but a better majority of the journals I've read/subbed to, the growers in tend to be more favoring the cool but very uplifting cerebral buzz. Either way, I bet you'll land right in that happy middle and get your harvest right when THC levels are at their peak.

took a few nuggets from lower part where you cannot see them from above yesterday, not very small actually for where they were, and not very peel either, not as frosty but still lots of crystals, taste isn't the best quick dry in envelope in front of the fire for 3 hours, didnt strink much in size, the buzz is very strong and intense, still get the sweetness from the tip of the tongue :) going to check if she get any fatter tomorrow, if not much changes and more amber trichs on buds than I last check, I'm going to remove the water completely for 2 nights to starve her then 48 hrs darkness and chop :D

I'm going to water cure a few of them for comparison to normal drying and curing for long time... I read on all who have tried water curing all are reporting it to be the best taste they ever had even comparing to months of curing in the jar... no harm trying a few :) and seems to be a lot quicker, for some of them had it in water for 3 days and dried after hanging for 3 days after removing from water, some might take longer but we are looking at weeks rather than months.... can't wait :)

Water curing is new to me. I thought bud washing was the newest craze? I got some research to do.

yep I heard of water curing long time ago but never tried it, as I said before I'm not so skeptic about things so here we go I have a try myself too :D

when I was checking the plant today I looked around all places for buds that are buried and get no lights, so I have these here, about 14g dried I would say by the looks of them and weight 46g wet... there are still a lot of buds buried that you cannot see from any angle without pulling things around, I think I will be harvesting on Wednesday, don't think she is going to get much more weight on at this stage...

they are not so big and she's been flush since Wednesday so I'm going to take them out after 24 hours and hang them to dry

DSC_02305.JPG

these are small nuggets I'm not going to bother put them in water, just let them dry normally...

DSC_02317.JPG

I am interested to see if the water cure will soften a harsh smoke or a poorly flushed plant (my lungs would thank me) but you are up against it to convince me decon, I am the King of the sceptics.

Forgot to say I have a 900mm long 150W Tube green house heater you can bring with you to try next time you are over this way.

I am interested to see if the water cure will soften a harsh smoke or a poorly flushed plant (my lungs would thank me) but you are up against it to convince me decon, I am the King of the sceptics.

Forgot to say I have a 900mm long 150W Tube green house heater you can bring with you to try next time you are over this way.

the King of the skeptics my ass buddy you the god of skeptics :D lol

I'm taking the buds out of the water jar in a couple hours and I'm hanging them in the sitting room tonight and they be dried tomorrow by the time I leave the house :D

you wouldn't notice the different with this batch probably apart from the not so good taste from over night drying, as it is well flushed :D

harvest has been completed, just checked and disappointingly seeing I didnt even get one vote, oh well, journal is completed, I didn't even bother cut all the popcorn's off, I gave them away :D took too long all I wanted to do was go home and eat, 7 hours in the tent

the big ones are all hanging, the medium ones are laying out on nets, the pop corns, are in a round tub and a tray, the trimmings are in another tub, that's everything there

DSC_02319.JPG
DSC_02326.JPG
DSC_02338.JPG
DSC_02357.JPG
DSC_02385.JPG
DSC_02349.JPG
DSC_02306.JPG
DSC_02367.JPG

next grow, 3 white widows and 1 highland sunshine from mucksavage :)
DSC_02374.JPG

thanks KingJohnC, just had a taste of the popcorns after 2 nights drying and left them in sitting room all night and day, it is more potent and better taste than the bits I tried at first, very strong buzz, very strong sweet mango smell, completely different to the AK I had few years ago, last AK I harvest was half the strength and doesn't taste as good, they were fed with coco nutes with molasses only and nothing else, this AK was fed with ionic grow then bloom then I ran out of the bloom nutes, fed her GHE Flora bloom mixed with some ionic glow, bud candy all the way from veg till I ran out then ripen a week after that. next grow Im using Advanced Nutrients Sensi 2 Part Glow and bloom add bud candy 2 weeks later all the way till flush

DSC_02307.JPG
DSC_02308.JPG
Thanks stealthgrow.... The next batch should be better i hope... I added in a 180w heater thanks to mucksavage.. Now i have the light at 400w with the heater and 1 fan and exhaust fan on. Temp at 28c max light on humid at 42% max and 16c light off humid 50%. Looking good. They are now 3 days in bucket and roots are sticking out of pot already... First night water at 300ppm ph 5.5 Temp 18c today i added nutes as ppm went down to 200 and ph raised to 6.5 after adding nutes and adjust ph now at 480ppm and ph 5.5 again.... They are eating already... All good :)

All 4 babies are taking off... All have few cm of roots sticking outside of the net pot heading for the water :)

The buds that are hanging are very dry on the outside so i jar them up for the night and leave them open again tomorrow for the day.... And i went thru a good bit of the nuggets already :) giving a bit out here and there and smoking someone myself :)

DSC_02309.JPG

Back
Top Bottom