First Time Grow Closet - CFL & HID - 3 Plants - Check Me Out!

re: First Time Grow Closet - CFL & HID - 3 Plants - Check Me Out!

hell yea that is awesome news!! i think after this lil pot im in im going straight to 5 gallon buckets and thats where ill stay till the end.. that way i dont have to shock them to many times. should i mix the soil 50/50 perlite? if not that ratio what ratio should i mix?

I do 50/50 with no problems. And consider that dolemite lime. Just trying it for the first time myself but so far so good. About 2 tbsp per gallon of mix.

I do 50/50 with no problems. And consider that dolemite lime. Just trying it for the first time myself but so far so good. About 2 tbsp per gallon of mix.

yea i am gonna get the perlite for sure. and also the dolemite lime will be added to. is your perlite a power form or like little rocks? the place i was gonna buy from had pretty big sized rocks. also is the perlite mixed in with the soil or is it a layer of perlite on the bottom and soil on top? cause ive seen both ways so im confused on that

so here is a good shot of my lights just hanging down inches away. i can see closely the other lil girl is starting to pop out for some light.. i just added a 42 watt light and maybe add another sometime soon.. i will be around 125 watts at that point. also is a pick of my temps, i am maintaining around 78* but what about my humidity? would putting a cup of water in there raise the humidity? any suggestions?

IMG_114518.jpg
IMG_114423.jpg

yea i am gonna get the perlite for sure. and also the dolemite lime will be added to. is your perlite a power form or like little rocks? the place i was gonna buy from had pretty big sized rocks. also is the perlite mixed in with the soil or is it a layer of perlite on the bottom and soil on top? cause ive seen both ways so im confused on that

What I use is little rocks not powder or big rocks and I mix in a container and measure a gallon at a time and shake it well so it's mixed throughout not just top or bottom you can get a huge bag from hd for like 15 bucks.

so here is a good shot of my lights just hanging down inches away. i can see closely the other lil girl is starting to pop out for some light.. i just added a 42 watt light and maybe add another sometime soon.. i will be around 125 watts at that point. also is a pick of my temps, i am maintaining around 78* but what about my humidity? would putting a cup of water in there raise the humidity? any suggestions?

IMG_114518.jpg
IMG_114423.jpg

Humidity in veg aim for around 60% in flower 30-40 is good. I have tried many ways to increase humidity cup of water, Ziploc baggie with a wet sponge in it and some breather holes, multiple things. What I found works the best is a Vicks vaporizer also like 15 bucks at wm put it on a timer and tweek it till you can maintain 60% give or take. When you get into bigger pots they will help as you will be using more water and there will be more evaporation.

I kid you not, I used a wet t-shirt on a close hanger to maintain my RH.

I kid you not, I used a wet t-shirt on a close hanger to maintain my RH.

ight right now i have the cup of water method going, then im gona try the shirt method then ill move to the vicks vapor rub if i cant get it higher. also should i be on 24 hour lights or 18/6 ? i was gona do 24/7 for 2 weeks but idk. what would you guys suggest?

ight right now i have the cup of water method going, then im gona try the shirt method then ill move to the vicks vapor rub if i cant get it higher. also should i be on 24 hour lights or 18/6 ? i was gona do 24/7 for 2 weeks but idk. what would you guys suggest?

Honestly I have never tried the 24hr thing. I always run 18/6 to let them rest a bit.

Honestly I have never tried the 24hr thing. I always run 18/6 to let them rest a bit.

ok then i will make the change once the one pops out of the soil and catches up.

the jury is still out on what is the most effective; 18/6 or 24/0.
I personally started my girls at 18/6, then moved to the GLR schedule of 12 on/5.5 off/1 on/5.5off.

BTW how are those books treating you mate?

the jury is still out on what is the most effective; 18/6 or 24/0.
I personally started my girls at 18/6, then moved to the GLR schedule of 12 on/5.5 off/1 on/5.5off.

BTW how are those books treating you mate?

yepp the books are very helpful.. im mostly on the 8oz of bud for 100$. they go step by step and has pics.. lol.. but i am also reading up on the others.. thanks alot for the help on those. im also gonna read up more on the GLR schedule.. im guessing you do it for the bigger yields as ive read that somewhere..

since im kinda stuck with no cash till i return to work ill just leave them on 24 hours for 2 weeks. i have read plenty of ppl doing it and not alot on the negatives of doing it.. so ill just stick with it like i said. then ill get the timer and then the 400 or 600 hps later on down the road. today i built a lil wooden stand for the lights so i dont have a bunch of shit hanging everywhere. just makes it look much better.. and and we got a peeker!! i am watering with demineralized water.. i tested it with the ph tester and it comes out golden yellow.. about 6.0 which is right on the dot.. what are you guys using when watering? should i have to use ph up and down or is it ok that the demineralized water comes out gtg?? is anybody else using this water also?

Glad you like em'
the GLR schedule is for saving electricity, and it helps your flowering process start much sooner after your 12/12 flip.
During the lights out, your plants are building up flowering hormones, and the one hour of light in the middle disrupts all that work. Once that interruption is no longer present, your girls start showing signs of flowering almost immediately.

I just use tap water I have a 5 gallon bucket full of water with a air stone at all times. Just pull out what unchlorinated water I need and top it back off

a air stone?

Back
Top Bottom