First Time Grow Closet - CFL & HID - 3 Plants - Check Me Out!

re: First Time Grow Closet - CFL & HID - 3 Plants - Check Me Out!

Your roots love oxygen any way they can get it perlite helps with this and so does oxygenated water.

Sweet im for sure gona ise perlite!! Youve been making great suggestions so far man!! I appreciate it!!

Hello again. I didnt know you had a journal yet. You never told me in my journal. Well im subscribed now

IMG_116326.jpg
IMG_116227.jpg
IMG_115921.jpg

here is some more pics of today.. the bigger plant is 3 days after planting.. the second is day 2.. i started out with using normal tap water and then switched after 2 days.. i think thats why the lil one is far behind.. i just now watered with tap water again and a lil ph up and down to get it about 6.5 ph.. hope she pics back up.. i may need more cfl?? i have about 100 watts down there right now.

Hello again. I didnt know you had a journal yet. You never told me in my journal. Well im subscribed now

dang sorry man.. im all over the place as far as grow journals.. trying to read up on other ppls and see what route they went and what not. thanks for following along and please help when you see i need it!! greatly appreciated!!

How often are you watering the baby's.

I am watering both daily it seems with a 1/2 cup of water. I only water though if it seems dry which it always seems to and i water till i get a small leak out the bottom of the lil pot.. Is that correct?

The smaller the pot your in the quicker the lights are going to absorb the moisture. Sometime I need to water 2-3 times a day. She'll tell you. Poke the soil and if it's spungy its good. If it's powdery it needs water.

The smaller the pot your in the quicker the lights are going to absorb the moisture. Sometime I need to water 2-3 times a day. She'll tell you. Poke the soil and if it's spungy its good. If it's powdery it needs water.

Alright that sounds pretty good.. Ill follow that

wow 2 -3 times a day. I hope you all arent killing them with kindness. Most new growers main problem is over watering. cfl doesnt dry out the soils as fast as a hps.

Yea I'm HPS. And Im thankful I've never had an over watering problem but of course lots of factors come into play when it comes to over watering. Like what temp is your room. A warmer room will soak up moisture faster. Same with hot lights. But of course CFL won't heat up your soil. But if your plant is too big for its pot that can cause moisture issues. Same thing if your pot is too big. The water won't soak up fast enough and cause possible mold

As of now im only on cfl but im only watering when i need to. Its only been 4 days and ive watered everyday so far. 1/2 cup everytime i feed.. I may run into that problem though cause i was gonna go straight to 5 gallon pots.. I may think about that now

wow 2 -3 times a day. I hope you all arent killing them with kindness. Most new growers main problem is over watering. cfl doesnt dry out the soils as fast as a hps.

This Is what I was thinking but the planters look small and those pots look like they probably breath well. But they looked super wet that is why I originally asked. Don't want drowned your seedlings. Once my seedlings sprout in solo cups I may give them a couple drops of water by the stem a day for a couple days then I could go roughly a week without needing watered

As of now im only on cfl but im only watering when i need to. Its only been 4 days and ive watered everyday so far. 1/2 cup everytime i feed.. I may run into that problem though cause i was gonna go straight to 5 gallon pots.. I may think about that now

I dont transfer anymore. Its not only a waste of time and energy but it isnt needed. I grow in the final container check out my journals for proof. The only time I would ever transfer anymore is if using that coir bricks but I dont do hydro anymore because of my living situation. When time is something you wish to use less of I got no time for transplant shock and days of no growth while the plant hopefully recovers. A lot of times a plant here or there will die from a transfer especially if you disturb the rootball at all. What I do is plant in the final container and then water around the plant only to the length of the leaves. It ensures the roots get the water and it isnt gonna cause mold issues. You will get a lot more mold issues from cfl because they just arent hot and is why the leaves can touch the bulb without burning sometimes. I know I give a lot of info Im just trying to help as much and as many as possible if you dont want that much I understand sometimes folks want to do eveything themselves and thats ok just let me know. If you want more I can also do that:). Take care

Sorry one more thing just to clarify what I mean. When I say water to the length of the leave I mean that the roots will grow out to the length of the leaf under the soil so if you water say on the outer edge of the pot most of that water is just going to be sitting stagnating in the soil. If you water underneath the canopy but not past the length of the leaf then the roots will use it all up so there will be little chance for mold. CFl are hot ,red,natural(flowering light) or cool,blue(veg light) cfl arent expensive to run and are pretty efficient but the issue with them is they dont put off much lux or lumen or foot candles however you wish to measure it. cfl need to be within 1 inch of the top of the canopy at all times so you do need to continuously adjust them. I started with cfl and got some decent buds for sure but if you are able to or already have id suggest a hps once they get older or once you switch them to flower especially if you are worried about a mold issue or at least do something to increase the temps into the upper 70's to mid 80's. The plants will grow in the 71,72,73 range but that tends to be the mold area because the water will evaporate slower because the plant will use less water because it wont need it. When you raise the temps the plant absorbs more water at a constant rate because it needs it to sustain transpiration. Plants breath through their stomata so make sure that your leaves are free of dirt and debris because if you dont its akin to a person choking and with cfl you want that absolute best efficiency you can get. Alright I laid down more again then I probably needed to but I enjoy helping new growers as much as possible because when I was new noone helped me just made fun of me for being a new grower and I want to demonstrate I am here to help not just talk. Alright I got work to do in my own grow. Have to separate roots and stems from the old soil to reuse it since im a poor ass who cant afford new products right now. Take care

Sorry one more thing just to clarify what I mean. When I say water to the length of the leave I mean that the roots will grow out to the length of the leaf under the soil so if you water say on the outer edge of the pot most of that water is just going to be sitting stagnating in the soil. If you water underneath the canopy but not past the length of the leaf then the roots will use it all up so there will be little chance for mold. CFl are hot ,red,natural(flowering light) or cool,blue(veg light) cfl arent expensive to run and are pretty efficient but the issue with them is they dont put off much lux or lumen or foot candles however you wish to measure it. cfl need to be within 1 inch of the top of the canopy at all times so you do need to continuously adjust them. I started with cfl and got some decent buds for sure but if you are able to or already have id suggest a hps once they get older or once you switch them to flower especially if you are worried about a mold issue or at least do something to increase the temps into the upper 70's to mid 80's. The plants will grow in the 71,72,73 range but that tends to be the mold area because the water will evaporate slower because the plant will use less water because it wont need it. When you raise the temps the plant absorbs more water at a constant rate because it needs it to sustain transpiration. Plants breath through their stomata so make sure that your leaves are free of dirt and debris because if you dont its akin to a person choking and with cfl you want that absolute best efficiency you can get. Alright I laid down more again then I probably needed to but I enjoy helping new growers as much as possible because when I was new noone helped me just made fun of me for being a new grower and I want to demonstrate I am here to help not just talk. Alright I got work to do in my own grow. Have to separate roots and stems from the old soil to reuse it since im a poor ass who cant afford new products right now. Take care

hell yea bro i really do appreciate all of that.. thats honestly what i was looking for lol. see what sucks is i had done research before on just using a 5 gallon pot which is what i will end up with on flower, but the dickhead at the grow store was telling me i wasn't gonna get shit growing like that and also with cfl's.. i didn't pay him any mind cause i seen the grow journals on here and ppl where using cfl's. anyways i will follow the watering technique you posted which makes a lot of sense. my temps in the room are maintained at nothing lower than 80* now with a high of 83*. also the hps will be here in about a month and then the real growing will begin!! thanks for your help dude!!

Hey no worries. Its why I am still here :) If you are at 80-83 now then you will need to get that down when the hps comes because its gonna go even higher.If you supplement in co2 temps can go higher though but id not advise anything over 85 and if it is 85 its gonna drink up the water. But more water needed means more nutrients required without having to force the plant to want more which means more yield. But yeah man im happy to help you. I will be here whenever you need me.

well well well.... looks like we got another peeker!! my wifes lil willy wonka has sprouted.. when i left this morning the flower was still in the seed. we will add some more cfl here soon..

IMG_118929.jpg
IMG_118829.jpg
IMG_118517.jpg
IMG_118424.jpg

Back
Top Bottom