First Time Grow Closet - CFL & HID - 3 Plants - Check Me Out!

re: First Time Grow Closet - CFL & HID - 3 Plants - Check Me Out!

with perlite, most definitely. A good watering will allow the perlite to float about, and settle in place with minimal harm to root structures.

IMG_122026.JPG
IMG_122227.jpg
IMG_122131.jpg
IMG_122420.jpg
IMG_122717.jpg

well sorry for the shitty photos. the light wouldnt let me get close ups of the smaller willy wonka.. tonight we had as issue big time. accidently dropped the small willy wonka from a high distance and it just splattered everywhere.. the roots where still in a small ball but i had to put her back into the small cup and then into the 5 gallon bucket..

here is what we did though..
mixed perlite and fox farms ocean forest 60/40 in 5 gallon bucket with 10 tbsp of dolemite lime. then i placed the small disposable pot into the soil and covered her up.. should i water right away with 100ml of water?? also the bigger of the willy wonkas has a small yellow tip.. what could this indicate?

Im sure she'll be fine my friend. I've knocked a few youngins around, a couple off a shed roof once, just give them some love and they'll rebound.

One thing I noticed, it might just be the camera, but it looks as if you're running mostly warm(2500k-ish) CFL bulbs instead of daylight (6500k-ish) During Vegetative growth, the plant will make better use of the blue spectrum. (the daylight 600k cfls)

here is what we did though..
mixed perlite and fox farms ocean forest 60/40 in 5 gallon bucket with 10 tbsp of dolemite lime. then i placed the small disposable pot into the soil and covered her up.. should i water right away with 100ml of water?? also the bigger of the willy wonkas has a small yellow tip.. what could this indicate?

I would water it.
As for the bigger willy Wonka with the small yellow tip, it looks like the onset of nutrient burn. Leave it be, continue to monitor it.
If it advances, or more yellowing occurs, then take action.

Im sure she'll be fine my friend. I've knocked a few youngins around, a couple off a shed roof once, just give them some love and they'll rebound.

One thing I noticed, it might just be the camera, but it looks as if you're running mostly warm(2500k-ish) CFL bulbs instead of daylight (6500k-ish) During Vegetative growth, the plant will make better use of the blue spectrum. (the daylight 600k cfls)

yes this is true on the lights.. these are the only ones i have and dont have the funds to switch to the 6500.. i paid a total of 30 $ for all these lights that i have so i got it on a steal pretty much.. wish i could use the 6500 but for my first ill go with what i have.. is it going to effect the yield or grow at alote??

I would water it.
As for the bigger willy Wonka with the small yellow tip, it looks like the onset of nutrient burn. Leave it be, continue to monitor it.
If it advances, or more yellowing occurs, then take action.

awesome and thanks for the quick response!! i havent added any nutes as of yet and wont till the 3rd week.. i have read something on this soil though.. idk.. thanks for the encouraging words on lil willy lol.. and the other we can call big willy!! thats easier.. i feel like a dummy for dropping her, but like ya said stuff happens.. i feel it was growing slowely before hand its really gonna go slow now. lol.. i plan on having them on 18/6 tonight.. does that sound about right? i have been on 24/0

I personally run GLR 12 on 5.5 off 1 on 5.5off.
But between 24/0 and 18/6 I'd go with 18/6 in order to give your plants time to rest.
As for the lighting situation, I understand man Im a disabled vet on a fixed income. But IF you can get them, Id highly suggest it.
The 6500k bulbs are better for veg growth, the 2500k is better for flowering growth.
your plants will grow no matter what, but they will take much longer to grow to any considerable size.
Ive hit dollar stores, cramazon, fleabay, the works... You can find them pretty cheap if you look hard enough.
Worst case scenario, Ill scrape a few bucks together and send you some man.

I personally run GLR 12 on 5.5 off 1 on 5.5off.
But between 24/0 and 18/6 I'd go with 18/6 in order to give your plants time to rest.
As for the lighting situation, I understand man Im a disabled vet on a fixed income. But IF you can get them, Id highly suggest it.
The 6500k bulbs are better for veg growth, the 2500k is better for flowering growth.
your plants will grow no matter what, but they will take much longer to grow to any considerable size.
Ive hit dollar stores, cramazon, fleabay, the works... You can find them pretty cheap if you look hard enough.
Worst case scenario, Ill scrape a few bucks together and send you some man.

hey this is great news to hear!! both me and my wife are veterans also!! great to know theres ppl out there using medical marijuana instead of pain killers and whatever else shit they throw at your for ptsd. not saying you do but i know alot that do and its an amazing thing!! as for the lights dont worry.. i plan on getting a grow light here soon.. i will check around for the 6500 bulbs.. i will try to get atleast 4. thanks for your help and generosity!! means alot!!

good luck on the search,
as for medical;I use it for my back and PTSD. Better than vicodin and anti-psychotics any day of the week.
Cheers brother, hope you and yours have a splendid holiday season!

good luck on the search,
as for medical;I use it for my back and PTSD. Better than vicodin and anti-psychotics any day of the week.
Cheers brother, hope you and yours have a splendid holiday season!

thanks you also!!

Im also a veteran.

I would go 18/6 and get a couple more of the cool (6500k) daylight CFL's as opposed to the warm (2700k) daylight CFL's but keep the warm ones for flowering, I used only the cool daylight CFL's for the whole veg, then on the day I thought it was time to flower, I waited for lights out on my timer that night and swapped out all the 6500k's for the 2700k's and changed my timer to 12/12 and within 10 days I saw bud sites, so yeah def go with more 6500 and wait a little while to use the 2700 if that makes sense, keep in mind it wont hurt at all to have some warm(2700k) light at the veg stage, but a predominant 6500k will see a much happier vegging plant from my exp.

heres an update on big willy and lil willy.. big will fell out of the little pot so we had to replant her back in. she looks to be doing great.. and big willy is starting to straighten out.. i watered with 100ml last night after transplant but am not going to water tonight. also tonight will be the first night of 18-6.. when is the best time to water the plants?? when the wake up or go to sleep?? morning/night?? just curious to see what you guys do and then i can make some judgements from there.. i really like all the info i am getting so i would like to go off of yalls suggestions also!!

IMG_125214.JPG
IMG_124022.JPG

I like to water early in the morning as the lights come on, it makes its that much more difficult for pests like fungus gnats to get established, because your medium is already drying on top as the light heats up.

Yeah man I always water at "lights on" that way there is some evaporation occuring, Dude i cant believe shes already straightening out! thats a hella fast recov time, good to see! that soil mix looks really good btw. Go the whole day tomorrow without water (after your lights on watering) and you will notice more growth too! you took the advice on board and it payed off, kudos to you my friend. well done! :)

Back
Top Bottom