First time growe with either a disease, pest or nutrient deficiency needs help with a diagnosis

skunkster01

420 Member
Hey everyone, I hope I'm posting this in the right section, but please do let me know if there's somewhere else that would have been more appropriate.

I've noticed some yellowish-brownish spots that in some places look like wounds or burns or something but the appearance in most places is more almost like a rash or it almost looks sort of like someone held an airbrush a good distance away and gave them just the smallest little tap of a spray. This has been happening on some of the lower leaves of both of my 2 girls (both crop King Seeds feminized skywalker x Girl Scout cookies, grown from seed and both currently 27 days old) and I first noticed it about 2-3 days ago. It seems to have gotten steadily worse since then. I gave both a very very small amount of calmag for the first and only time (about 0.5ml mixed into 48oz of distilled water which was put in a spray bottle and the soil lightly moistened with just a small portion of the bottle) about a week or two ago, and they both got some mild nute burn on their bottom leaves so I haven't given them anything but PH'ed distilled water since.

I'm REALLY worried (borderline panicking really) and I REALLY hope someone will be able to tell me that it's just a nute deficiency. I'm anxious to hear what you experienced growers have to say about it.

I really hope you all are having a better morning than me, and thanks in advance to anyone who takes time out of their day to read and respond to this!!

I've included some pictures, but I'm not sure how visible it is so let me know if I should take some more if it's hard to see.

IMG_20210131_101509011_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210131_101452884.jpg

IMG_20210131_101434448_HDR.jpg

The medium is fox farm Coco Loco, which isn't a pure Coco coir product and is treated as a soil. It's a reasonably hot soil from my understanding. I have the ingredients list available if that would help too.

And the ph I shoot for 6.1, but I'll also accept it if it's 6.0 or 6.2

Alright I'm definitely going to go with 6.3 from now on, thank you!!

And yeah, I think I've actually been exclusively watering them with the lights on. Is that not a good thing to do?

And yeah, I think I've actually been exclusively watering them with the lights on. Is that not a good thing to do?
You might be seeing light burn from where individual droplets of liquid formed optical lenses. They can focus all that light into a single pinpoint and burn the veg. I spray/feed after the sun's gone down or right after the tent lights go out.

You might be seeing light burn from where individual droplets of liquid formed optical lenses. They can focus all that light into a single pinpoint and burn the veg. I spray/feed after the sun's gone down or right after the tent lights go out.
Ah that makes a lot of sense, that had never occured to me... kind of like the botanical equivalent of how you get sun burn worse if you're swimming than you do on dry land I'm thinking?

I've been really worried about opening the door of the grow tent when the light is out, but it sounds like it's ok for a quick minute or two then?

Ah that makes a lot of sense, that had never occured to me... kind of like the botanical equivalent of how you get sun burn worse if you're swimming than you do on dry land I'm thinking?

I've been really worried about opening the door of the grow tent when the light is out, but it sounds like it's ok for a quick minute or two then?
Depending on where you are in your grow, you want to avoid breaking the light/dark cycle. During veg you've got a little more leeway and can even leave lights on 24/7.

For flower be more careful you don't introduce light into the tent while it's bedtime. Just spray right after the lights go out. This is the general rule I follow...someone else might have some ninja knowledge. I recently learned that green light wont affect photoperiod plants and am planning to add one in the next grow so I can fiddle with stuff after lights out.

Alright so I definitely won't water with until right after my lights go out for the night, and I'm definitely going to start ph'ing the water to 6.3...do you think it's time to start them on a low dose of some nutes as well? I did try to figure it out on my own before my first post, and some pictures I saw did look similar (namely the potassium, magnesium, magnese and possibly boron) but I'm not sure how objectively I was capable of being with the anxiety. Come to think of it, there is a bit of growth that struck me as kind of weird but It could be 100% normal for all I know. I'll post a pic in a second. There's also some very yellow edged leaves (some of the bottom most ones) that just kinda lay on the soil too, but I think that's probably from the premature calmag feeding.

That's really interesting about the green light though, I've never heard anything like that before...do you use one of those green tinted "party light" bulbs or whatever they're called or like a color changing smart bulb or is it some kind of special light just for plants?

Watering with lights on is fine. Wondering if you sprayed or misted them with lights on?

I've seen those spots on mine when I’ve done it as I was not thinking properly. Lol

Watering with lights on is fine. Wondering if you sprayed or misted them with lights on?

I've seen those spots on mine when I’ve done it as I was not thinking properly. Lol
Oh yeah, I have most definitely misted them with the lights on. I think they may have grown a little close to the light (LED, but I'm still sure it gets hot enough to cause some problems if they get close enough for long enough)

Oh yeah, I have most definitely misted them with the lights on. I think they may have grown a little close to the light (LED, but I'm still sure it gets hot enough to cause some problems if they get close enough for long enough)
That’s my guess then. :)-

By the way, here's the other pictures...I don't know if you can see the weirdness there (or if it's not actually weird or all just in my head because I'm being a hypocondriac and a helicopter parent lol) but it seems like theres just a lot of weird little branches and odd quazi-squished and weirdly shaped leaves.

IMG_20210131_113952376_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210131_113901713_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210131_113849374_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210131_113756410_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210131_113741640_HDR.jpg

Depending on where you are in your grow, you want to avoid breaking the light/dark cycle. During veg you've got a little more leeway and can even leave lights on 24/7.

For flower be more careful you don't introduce light into the tent while it's bedtime. Just spray right after the lights go out. This is the general rule I follow...someone else might have some ninja knowledge. I recently learned that green light wont affect photoperiod plants and am planning to add one in the next grow so I can fiddle with stuff after lights out.
And thank you very much too @copperrein

And thank you as well @copperrein you've been a great help too!!! Good tip about the green light as well, I'm for sure going to look into getting that set up!!!

By the way, here's the other pictures...I don't know if you can see the weirdness there (or if it's not actually weird or all just in my head because I'm being a hypocondriac and a helicopter parent lol) but it seems like theres just a lot of weird little branches and odd quazi-squished and weirdly shaped leaves.

IMG_20210131_113952376_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210131_113901713_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210131_113849374_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210131_113756410_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210131_113741640_HDR.jpg
That happens. These plants are weird. Nothing to worry about IMO.

Back
Top Bottom