First Time Grower

Yeah, but make sure your cord can handle 126+ watts. At 120 volts, 126 watts equals 1.05 amps, so most extension cords should be able to handle it. Also be sure to calculate in any fans or other lights if you're running everything off 1 cord. Fires caused by indoor grows with overloaded cords and outlets do happen.

I'll be happy to do the math if you need.

:thumb:

Yeah, but make sure your cord can handle 126+ watts. At 120 volts, 126 watts equals 1.05 amps, so most extension cords should be able to handle it. Also be sure to calculate in any fans or other lights if you're running everything off 1 cord. Fires caused by indoor grows with overloaded cords and outlets do happen.

I'll be happy to do the math if you need.

:thumb:
The cord reads:
13A, 125v, 1625w
Is that safe?

That is for the extension cord, and it is only going to be plugging the light post in. The light pole is what I was scared couldn't handle the 150w (42w) bulbs. I don't know where to purchase three singles so I figured I'd use my old lamp pole. Part of me thinks I should just trash the plant and give up til I have a house. Bahumbug lol

Normal light bulbs for lamps are 40-100 watts, I am sure the lamp will be just fine. Each socket of the lamp is likely made to handle at least 60 watts.

Does this mean what I think it does? ??!!!!! :p :) :')
20150821_121945.jpg
20150821_122005.jpg
this is one "branch" tip. Again can't inspect it real well right now but there didn't look to be any at the nodes on the main stem/terminal

I posted those pics from my phone, and now that I'm on my computer screen I can tell what those are and so flipping excited!:cheer::high-five::lot-o-toke:
I can't wait to bring her in later to take more pictures and look at her better. I still have yet to bring her inside, all though now I think I should so I can make it 12/12 and get the process starting quicker hopefully.
I know I need to change the food now, and have been giving it molasses water once or twice a week and still some casting tea.

Does this mean what I think it does? ??!!!!! :p :) :')
20150821_121945.jpg
20150821_122005.jpg
this is one "branch" tip. Again can't inspect it real well right now but there didn't look to be any at the nodes on the main stem/terminal

Yes it does Steff, and aren't you feeling mighty proud of yourself now? :cheesygrinsmiley: Well done Steff. Well done. Now the fun starts.

I'm actually a big fan of CFLs and those 42 Watt bulbs you got are a good start. Here's a link to a really great tutorial on using CFLs. I keep this one bookmarked on my home screen, I find it so valuable.

CFL Light Tutorial

The first page is priceless, and following pages have some excellent ideas for adaptations. I'm not a big fan of canopy set ups for CFLs. If you're going to invest that much money just buy a small LED panel and get better results. I find it more beneficial to use hanging cords or power strips to get right up in there. Sorry, I get really excited about CFLs. :laughtwo:

Forgive my manners steff. I tend to come bouncing through the door in active mode and forget to say hello. It's so nice to meet you. I'm sorry to be so late to your support crew, but I'm here now, just as you slip into glory time.

Thank you Heirloom, for pointing me here.

Isn't this the most fun steff? Can you believe how attached we get to a little plant? Hahaha!!! I have a couple good ideas on cutting down on the smell. Probably the easiest thing to do is go to the grocery store, buy some scallions and plant a couple in there with your plant. Believe it or not, if the onion takes and grows for you in with the cannabis it will cut the smell of the cannabis. Isn't that a neat idea? Cannabelle turned us into that recently. All of my LOS pots now share root space with onion. :battingeyelashes:

I need to get out the door for my morning walk. I'll check back later. You're in for a real treat now Girl. We need to introduce you to more of the girls. Have you checked out SoilGirl yet? You'd get a kick out of Sorenna too. And Cannabelle. There I go again, rambling. Gonna catch that morning before-the-walk buzz now.

:ciao:

Good morning Dennise. It's time she met us all, don't you think? She's brought this little one all the way from beginning to bloom and kept the journal going too. I'm impressed.

Back
Top Bottom