First time indoor grow: Need help friends!

M4rco2t0ned

Hello fellow friends,

I am a new grower looking for some insight on my plant and my grow tent setup. It's coming to the third week since it sprouted and I believe it is not growing as fast as it should. My setup is:
- 60x60x160 cm tent
- soil is a mix of coco and perlite (pH 6.8)
- strain is moby dick
- light is a 150W LED light, light cycle 20/4, distance from plant about 15-20 cm and I have 2 of the 3 bulbs on at half intensity for now
Link to the LED light: AQOTER Lámpara de Plantas 150W, 315 Leds Planta de luz para Plantas de Interior, Full Spectrum LED Lámpara de Crecimiento de Planta, Grow Light Grow Lamp Lámpara de Cultivo, 3 Modos de Iluminación: Amazon.es: Jardín

My temperatures and RH shift between the 16-20 degrees and 75-85% humidity.
I currently don't have a ventilation system set up, I open the tent about three times a day for a while for air exchange. I have coming a small fan to install inside. I also have a fan as an extractor, it's power is 150m³/h. Here is the link to the fan:

I am looking for as much insight as possible to help me out now and for future grows. Thanks and happy growing

PS. The main stem was about 10 cm higher, I carefully curved it and dug it underground 2 days ago

IMG_20210121_181942.jpg

IMG_20210121_181921.jpg

IMG_20210121_181905.jpg

Hi & Welcome to 420 Mag. You are doing a couple of things wrong. You are growing in Coco so you treat it like Hydroponics. pH should be 5.8 for your nutrients. You should be feeding once per day till about 20% of what you feed comes out the bottom. Never let Coco dry out. Always feed nutrients & never just water. Your Temps & Humidity are good for young plants so nothing to worry about there. Hope this helps some.

Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering in another thread they told me to change the light. Do you have any recommendations for a tent that size?
I'm not sure what size that is in inches. I'm not good with metrics. I think it's about 2' x 2' x 4' but not sure. The Mars TS600 would work great in a tent that size. You'd get a nice harvest with one of those. I think they run about $140.

Cheers bud, I appreciate your help. My guess for the tent size is what you said 2x2x4. I have looked into Mars lights and COB leds. I have decided to purchase a COB, I will test it out and see how it goes. For nutes and making the ph more acidic, do you have any more suggestions apart the cal mag?
Welcome friend. Nice garden.
Have you had a chance to look at some journals?
All you need to know is there. Use ph up or down to set it. In coco you want as close to 5.8 as you can get. :thumb:

Your lower temps can slow your growth down. 20 degrees is still on the colder side for led. 23c is the sweet spot up to 26c. Good luck I wish you the best. Take care
:passitleft:

Any recommendations on what I could do to bring them up? What heating methods would be the most affordable? @CO Finest
I have a small tent so I doubt it would take a lot to go up 5 degrees
I am waiting for my LED cob to come in and see how it'll go. Thanks for the replies and help
I hooked a pipe from my duct work into my flower room to keep it warm in winter. Just a 3" flex hose works. :thumb:

Hello fellow friends,

I am a new grower looking for some insight on my plant and my grow tent setup. It's coming to the third week since it sprouted and I believe it is not growing as fast as it should. My setup is:
- 60x60x160 cm tent
- soil is a mix of coco and perlite (pH 6.8)
- strain is moby dick
- light is a 150W LED light, light cycle 20/4, distance from plant about 15-20 cm and I have 2 of the 3 bulbs on at half intensity for now
Link to the LED light: AQOTER Lámpara de Plantas 150W, 315 Leds Planta de luz para Plantas de Interior, Full Spectrum LED Lámpara de Crecimiento de Planta, Grow Light Grow Lamp Lámpara de Cultivo, 3 Modos de Iluminación: Amazon.es: Jardín

My temperatures and RH shift between the 16-20 degrees and 75-85% humidity.
I currently don't have a ventilation system set up, I open the tent about three times a day for a while for air exchange. I have coming a small fan to install inside. I also have a fan as an extractor, it's power is 150m³/h. Here is the link to the fan:

I am looking for as much insight as possible to help me out now and for future grows. Thanks and happy growing

PS. The main stem was about 10 cm higher, I carefully curved it and dug it underground 2 days ago

IMG_20210121_181942.jpg

IMG_20210121_181921.jpg

IMG_20210121_181905.jpg
Until I upgrade to a top notch expensive ass exhaust fan I’m just using a regular fan I have pointing out one of the exhaust tubes in my tent and I get the humidity down to 40% humidity on full blast during bloom cycle. During the veg cycle I would keep it on the lowest and mist the tent daily. It’s not ideal but it gets the job done. Definitely keep a fan going in the tent for air circulation at all times to strengthen the stem and avoid mold and disease. I like how your slowly advancing the amount of light you give it. I like to start with a Florissant light for the first 2 weeks than I would only put on veg light for the first few days of veg than the full spectrum veg and bloom lights(red and blue lights)

Just new no journal.6 bubblegum 2 strawberry kheili 600 hps and plants 3 weeks morrow.using canna coco .hours 18-6. In grow tent .humidity 40 tempt 24
Autos or photos? When is the last time they got water? Using any nutes? What have you been watering with? Worse comes to worst you can go grab a gallon of distilled water.

Back
Top Bottom