First time indoor grow: Need help friends!

Just watering my plants and Moby Dick has these yellow brown patches on only one of the two bottom fan leaves.
IMG_20210307_184156.jpg

IMG_20210307_184212.jpg

@Emilya could it be CalMag deficiency? I have been feeding CalMag daily at about 1-2 ml per litre. My feeding ppm for the bigger plant is about 600ppm of nutes.

Just watering my plants and Moby Dick has these yellow brown patches on only one of the two bottom fan leaves.
IMG_20210307_184156.jpg

IMG_20210307_184212.jpg

@Emilya could it be CalMag deficiency? I have been feeding CalMag daily at about 1-2 ml per litre. My feeding ppm for the bigger plant is about 600ppm of nutes.
It definitely looks like the start of a magnesium deficiency... calcium deficiencies occur later and in the upper growth. But that being said, you have holes eaten in your leaves... magnesum doesn't do that... bugs do. Especially since you are already supplementing the mag, I lean heavily toward bugs for an explanation of this damage. Also, I can't help you with ppm measurements of nutes in soil... I don't know how to convert that to how most soil growers do things. My recommendation is to forget ppm and go with the manufacturers of ml/L only.

It definitely looks like the start of a magnesium deficiency... calcium deficiencies occur later and in the upper growth. But that being said, you have holes eaten in your leaves... magnesum doesn't do that... bugs do. Especially since you are already supplementing the mag, I lean heavily toward bugs for an explanation of this damage. Also, I can't help you with ppm measurements of nutes in soil... I don't know how to convert that to how most soil growers do things. My recommendation is to forget ppm and go with the manufacturers of ml/L only.
Those holes were made by my cat, he snuck while I was opening the tent and took a lil nibble :laugh:. Going to keep looking for bugs anyways, rather be safe than sorry

Hello fellow friends,

I am a new grower looking for some insight on my plant and my grow tent setup. It's coming to the third week since it sprouted and I believe it is not growing as fast as it should. My setup is:
- 60x60x160 cm tent
- soil is a mix of coco and perlite (pH 6.8)
- strain is moby dick
- light is a 150W LED light, light cycle 20/4, distance from plant about 15-20 cm and I have 2 of the 3 bulbs on at half intensity for now
Link to the LED light: AQOTER Lámpara de Plantas 150W, 315 Leds Planta de luz para Plantas de Interior, Full Spectrum LED Lámpara de Crecimiento de Planta, Grow Light Grow Lamp Lámpara de Cultivo, 3 Modos de Iluminación: Amazon.es: Jardín

My temperatures and RH shift between the 16-20 degrees and 75-85% humidity.
I currently don't have a ventilation system set up, I open the tent about three times a day for a while for air exchange. I have coming a small fan to install inside. I also have a fan as an extractor, it's power is 150m³/h. Here is the link to the fan:

I am looking for as much insight as possible to help me out now and for future grows. Thanks and happy growing

PS. The main stem was about 10 cm higher, I carefully curved it and dug it underground 2 days ago

IMG_20210121_181942.jpg

IMG_20210121_181921.jpg

IMG_20210121_181905.jpg

Hello fellow friends,

I am a new grower looking for some insight on my plant and my grow tent setup. It's coming to the third week since it sprouted and I believe it is not growing as fast as it should. My setup is:
- 60x60x160 cm tent
- soil is a mix of coco and perlite (pH 6.8)
- strain is moby dick
- light is a 150W LED light, light cycle 20/4, distance from plant about 15-20 cm and I have 2 of the 3 bulbs on at half intensity for now
Link to the LED light: AQOTER Lámpara de Plantas 150W, 315 Leds Planta de luz para Plantas de Interior, Full Spectrum LED Lámpara de Crecimiento de Planta, Grow Light Grow Lamp Lámpara de Cultivo, 3 Modos de Iluminación: Amazon.es: Jardín

My temperatures and RH shift between the 16-20 degrees and 75-85% humidity.
I currently don't have a ventilation system set up, I open the tent about three times a day for a while for air exchange. I have coming a small fan to install inside. I also have a fan as an extractor, it's power is 150m³/h. Here is the link to the fan:

I am looking for as much insight as possible to help me out now and for future grows. Thanks and happy growing

PS. The main stem was about 10 cm higher, I carefully curved it and dug it underground 2 days ago

IMG_20210121_181942.jpg

IMG_20210121_181921.jpg

IMG_20210121_181905.jpg
How old are they

Even when growing in nature’s living super soil
I'll be honest. I know nothing about Super Soil. @Emilya has lots of knowledge on that so she would be the one to ask.
I stick to basics & use FFOF soil. Bad enough mixing nutes. Don't want to have to mix my soil too. Yeah, I'm a lazy grower. That's why I'm automating my set ups. Almost have Controllers for everything now. Just have to get it set up.

Even when growing in nature’s living super soil
Never add something on a whim or because some grow guru out on youtube says that you need to. Wait for your leaves to give you indications that you need something extra. if you are doing things right with the NLSS, you likely will not need the extra calmag. If you need it, your plant will show you... the leaf damage that results from a Ca or a Mg deficiency are easily diagnosed.

How old are they
The Moby Dick ( Bigger plant) has been stunted for the first 3 weeks. As of now it is 11 weeks old or so...on the other hand my Kush plant is 7 weeks old and is progressing faster through the flowering stage than the other plant.
IMG_20210320_150940.jpg

Kush plant (7 weeks old), noticing yellowing starting at the bottom most leafs. N deficiency?
IMG_20210320_150927.jpg

Moby Dick (11 weeks), trying to fit both of them the best I can. Will learn not to put two flowering auto plants together again

Little update post, it's getting closer to harvest season for me :slide:. Going to be the first time I cut, trim and dry my plants so any advice and information is welcome as always.
I have been having some issues with the Og Kush plant. At first it seemed to be needing a up in feeding since the bottom leaves were yellowing out and dying, I fed it a couple of days with a stronger ppm dose and it seemed to be too much. Top part of the plant has gotten dark green, dried and with some reddish brown spots. Signs of toxicity to me, first thing I did was flush the plant with 26L of plain pH water (6,0 pH). Been two days now and seems to be doing better.
IMG_20210401_150940.jpg

Bottom of Kush plant.
IMG_20210401_150954.jpg

Kush plant from above, right now it's in week 9 from sprout. The curling of the leaves and the color has gotten better after the flush. How close to harvest am I really? Should I just give the Kush plant plain pH water until harvest? Or maybe give a couple of feeds more, but watch my ppm and maybe give it the very minimum?
IMG_20210401_150925.jpg

Close up of the Kush plant.
IMG_20210401_151003.jpg

This on the other hand is the Moby Dick Auto (Stunted plant). A little bit behind the younger Kush Auto but seems to be handling the feeds much better. I have pushed the ppm at 800-900 on the Moby Dick with no signs of nute toxicity. It is also my bigger plant of the two.

Hello everyone, my OG Kush auto plant is almost on the 11 weeks mark and looks to be getting closer to harvest. @Buds Buddy I have a few questions, first how and where do you dry your plants? Could I use the tent to dry one plant while the other is still finishing? Second when do you defoliate your plants before harvesting them? Do you do it gradually day by day or just chop most fan leaves in one?
I have read fully your first grow journal, it has helped me a lot. Been looking around other people's post too. Attaching pics below of mostly the OG Kush auto, thanks everyone who has helped or got on this grow with me.
IMG_20210412_123631.jpg

OG Kush auto before light defoliation
IMG_20210412_144047.jpg

After taking out some fan leaves.
IMG_20210412_123835.jpg

Main cola

IMG_20210412_123702.jpg

This is the Moby Dick Auto, growing slower but looking like it's going to give me twice or more than the Og Kush.

Anytime I see dodgy looking leaves, it's off with them for me.. all my leaves have burned tips as starved it of water I think, so every time i water i pull 20 off.

As for drying, no light and 20c I'm trying.

Anytime I see dodgy looking leaves, it's off with them for me.. all my leaves have burned tips as starved it of water I think, so every time i water i pull 20 off.

As for drying, no light and 20c I'm trying.
Thanks for the info Tbe, how should the humidity be? I will be looking into hanging them in a cardboard box. Seen people have a fan not directly pointed at the plant for airflow.

Quick post, going to be chopping the OG Kush in the next few days. I am a little worried about drying the plant since I have no closets or grow tents to use. Was thinking of using a cardboard box and have holes in it for ventilation, together with a fan (Not directly pointed at the buds). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Where I live it's pretty humid and in my house it doesn't seem to drop the 60-65% Rh.
IMG_20210423_144912.jpg

I made a drying box out of a black plastic kitchen sized trash can. I installed a bathroom ceiling fan on the top for ventilation and drilled holes all around the body to stick dowels in to hang several screen wire partitions to set the pot on and to provide air flow all through the can. Then I put the fan on a timer so it only ran 5 minutes twice an hour. The beauty of this little box is not only can I get a semi slow dry out of it, but it can be installed in my grow area so as to vent all the smell out safely via my filtering system.

My stunted Moby Dick plant...I don't even know how long exactly it's been almost 4 months if not longer from sprout. Lots of mistakes at the start that slowed the process and whatnot. Is it normal to keep shooting white pistils this late into flower? Going to post pictures for better reference.
IMG_20210424_235929.jpg

Moby dick Pic 1
IMG_20210424_235934.jpg

Moby Dick close up

Still figuring out how I will set up my drying space. Having to do it in the same room as my grow tent and all. Been looking around and found Mr.Krips drying box (Link Here ) to give me some inspiration to how I will build mine.

Back
Top Bottom