First time indoor grow: Need help friends!

Yesterday was chopping day for the Og Kush Auto. I have made a box replicating the one @Mr. Krip did a while back :Namaste:. My temperature is in the 19-20 celsius range, while the humidity is a little bit more of a problem. The RH inside the box is about 70% without the dehumidifier. I put it in and after a couple of hours it has dropped to 66%.
I am using a pc fan as the extractor and it is running nonstop. Very weak fan overall, so together with my high RH I don't think it will dry my buds too fast.
Quick question to anybody with more experience. Is it normal for the buds to feel soft? I touch my other Moby Dick Auto and the buds are rock hard, while this one they feel fluffy...
Here is the box:
IMG_20210428_142722.jpg

I already had the box, but putting this together was for less than 10€. 4 holes in the bottom for airflow, I put fiber cloth to cover the holes from insects but allowing air to pass through.
IMG_20210428_142736.jpg

Here is the plant with the actual set up. Dehumidifier at the bottom, trying to not get any direct air on the buds, just good air moment throughout the box. Nervous and excited at the same time. Will keep updating with the drying process.

Yesterday was chopping day for the Og Kush Auto. I have made a box replicating the one @Mr. Krip did a while back :Namaste:. My temperature is in the 19-20 celsius range, while the humidity is a little bit more of a problem. The RH inside the box is about 70% without the dehumidifier. I put it in and after a couple of hours it has dropped to 66%.
I am using a pc fan as the extractor and it is running nonstop. Very weak fan overall, so together with my high RH I don't think it will dry my buds too fast.
Quick question to anybody with more experience. Is it normal for the buds to feel soft? I touch my other Moby Dick Auto and the buds are rock hard, while this one they feel fluffy...
Here is the box:
IMG_20210428_142722.jpg

I already had the box, but putting this together was for less than 10€. 4 holes in the bottom for airflow, I put fiber cloth to cover the holes from insects but allowing air to pass through.
IMG_20210428_142736.jpg

Here is the plant with the actual set up. Nervous and excited at the same time. Will keep updating with the drying process.
Congratulations on your harvest my friend. Fantastic.
What is the black thing in the bottom of the box?
Bill

Hey Bill, thank you! The black box is the dehumidifier...forgot to mention it.
I'd be very careful with that. Don't drop rh too quickly or have any breeze in there.
Slight air exchange is all you need . Don't get carried away trying to dry too quickly. I find 4-5 days a decent amount of time before jarring.
Bill

Will be careful about drying it too fast, but for now with the dehumidifier on it does not drop below 65% rh. Worried about mold since where I live it's always humid.
65 is perfect.
Bill

Yesterday was a week at the chop and the OG Kush buds looked ready to cure. Filled up 2 jars trying to leave space between buds. The total yield of the og kush looks to be at around 25 grams. Real happy considering this is my smaller plants of the two. My only concern might be the Rh inside the jars, it's been a day now and I reads at a steady 60%. Is this an ok range to start the curing or should I try and raise it a couple %s?
IMG_20210505_130120.jpg

IMG_20210505_130131.jpg

It is time to end this grow... haven't been posting as much as I would've liked these couple weeks. Anyway a week ago I chopped the Moby Dick and today I started the cure. Overall yield of the Moby Dick Auto was 140 grams! :) Really happy with the overall result. Couldn't have done it without the help of all the members that gave me advice and cheered me on through the grow.
For me this has been the first full journey I had with a Cannabis plant, a learning experience to say the least. Posting pictures I took through the drying of Moby Dick.
I will take a little time off before starting my next grow. I will be thinking of keeping things cleaner on my side journal wise. Have a certain format for water pH, nutes given etc. so I can keep better track of progress and errors. Thank you all again for everything! CHEERS
IMG_20210518_165758.jpg

Moby dick chopped day 1
IMG_20210518_170024.jpg

Roots of Moby Dick (7L por)
IMG_20210518_170053.jpg

Bottom side of roots
IMG_20210518_165911.jpg

Main cola next to shears for comparison (Weight 10 g +)
IMG_20210518_171752.jpg

Moby Dick all jarred up, will take a close look at the Rh during the next 6 hours.

IMG_20210518_171752.jpg

Back
Top Bottom