First time indoor grow: Need help friends!

Thanks for your help Buds, you really are helping me with a lot of things and given me knowledge that would have taken me much longer to gain. It's currently Sunday here so everything is closed. Tomorrow I will go and find the items I need to get rid of it.
I have an analog heater in my home, I already set it up. The thing is it has a built in thermometer and a max temperature option that stops when it reaches it. Would I need the Inkbird in this case? I have the heater set up outside the tent feeding air through one of the bottom velcro compartments. My temperatures have risen inside the tent to 25-26 °C and an Rh of 50%. The shift from the 21 °C and the 80% Rh was rather surprising. I hope this will slow the growth of the mildew.
I have read that you could prune some of the infested leaves. My buttom set of serrated leaves (The first set of true leaves) is pretty infested with white dots and the tips are pretty much touching the soil.
I will post pictures later, thank you all for your help, have a happy Sunday.
Cut off any leaves that are real bad & the ones touching soil. I think there is some kind of mixture you can make with Milk, Dish Soap or something.
I think Nutty knows. Hey, @NuttyProfessor , you got a home remedy for WPM ? Thanks !

Cut off any leaves that are real bad & the ones touching soil. I think there is some kind of mixture you can make with Milk, Dish Soap or something.
I think Nutty knows. Hey, @NuttyProfessor , you got a home remedy for WPM ? Thanks !
Just woke up to do this...my plants lights off at 9am so I took advantage to spray both plants before they would go off. I literally got every leaf and stem with the solution. Thanks for tagging all these people in my post, Buds. I recently been keeping habit of reading certain growers posts to further my knowledge on all of this. Currently been through a couple users pages; Emilya, Buds Buddy, Nuttyprofessor and ofc Barney86. I have found your information has been the most suitable and easy to understand for me.
@NuttyProfessor it is a pleasure to have you come along, you were in one of my friends grow about 6 years ago. I have read your journal entry for MPW and did some research.
Here is my solution for the mildew treatment:
-1L lukewarm tap water
-5ml backing soda
-4-5 ml of cooking oil
-2 drops of dish soap
I had to rearrange the formula numbers since my spray bottle isn't a gallon and is only a litre.
Post pictures later as right now it's light off for the babies.

Alright post update, I came back this afternoon to my plants before lights on. The solution for the mildew treatment was pretty much dried out, I used a paper towel to get the rest of the moisture. The leaves look better, although there is white residue from the water (I believe it's the soap). Was thinking of removing it tonight, but if it's not an issue I will leave it for a couple of days before I spray it with the solution again.
The dehumidifier seems to be doing it's job, grow tent doesn't go above the 70/72 RH %. My other led light is supposed to come tomorrow so I will be posting with some temperature updates. Right now my tent fluctuates between 22-23 °C during lights on and 19-20 °C during lights off and the RH is between 55-70 %.
I have found out that I need to flush more my Moby Dick plant, yesterday I fed it regular water with nothing but Ph down. The Ph went in at 5,7 and the ppm of the water was 150 (Natural ppm of my water). The readings I got from the bottom were Ph of 6,4 and Rh of 1800...last time the readings were higher. Makes me think I need to flush more water so I can correct my mistake. If anybody has suggestions, as always it's very much appreciated and you are welcome to do so.
Here are some shots I took.
IMG_20210209_192705.jpg

Clipper bottom leaves and bent down the first fan leaves to get a little more airflow through.
IMG_20210209_192635.jpg

This is my lowest leaf now and the one which has the most mildew left. Don't worry about the white blobs as it is the dried mildew solution I sprayed. I still have white spots on the tip, so I am assuming that the mildew is still there.
IMG_20210209_192656.jpg

Side shot, with my dehumidifier.
IMG_20210209_192610.jpg

Top photo, the plant should be around it's 6 week about now...poor thing, all the stress I've put it through and it's still growing.
IMG_20210209_192550.jpg

Here is the other plant, my Kush seedling. As of today it is 1 week old, way better than my first plant when it was at that age. Those white patches you see is the dried mildew solution I am talking about.

Alright post update, I came back this afternoon to my plants before lights on. The solution for the mildew treatment was pretty much dried out, I used a paper towel to get the rest of the moisture. The leaves look better, although there is white residue from the water (I believe it's the soap). Was thinking of removing it tonight, but if it's not an issue I will leave it for a couple of days before I spray it with the solution again.
The dehumidifier seems to be doing it's job, grow tent doesn't go above the 70/72 RH %. My other led light is supposed to come tomorrow so I will be posting with some temperature updates. Right now my tent fluctuates between 22-23 °C during lights on and 19-20 °C during lights off and the RH is between 55-70 %.
I have found out that I need to flush more my Moby Dick plant, yesterday I fed it regular water with nothing but Ph down. The Ph went in at 5,7 and the ppm of the water was 150 (Natural ppm of my water). The readings I got from the bottom were Ph of 6,4 and Rh of 1800...last time the readings were higher. Makes me think I need to flush more water so I can correct my mistake. If anybody has suggestions, as always it's very much appreciated and you are welcome to do so.
Here are some shots I took.
IMG_20210209_192705.jpg

Clipper bottom leaves and bent down the first fan leaves to get a little more airflow through.
IMG_20210209_192635.jpg

This is my lowest leaf now and the one which has the most mildew left. Don't worry about the white blobs as it is the dried mildew solution I sprayed. I still have white spots on the tip, so I am assuming that the mildew is still there.
IMG_20210209_192656.jpg

Side shot, with my dehumidifier.
IMG_20210209_192610.jpg

Top photo, the plant should be around it's 6 week about now...poor thing, all the stress I've put it through and it's still growing.
IMG_20210209_192550.jpg

Here is the other plant, my Kush seedling. As of today it is 1 week old, way better than my first plant when it was at that age. Those white patches you see is the dried mildew solution I am talking about.
Looking good keep up the work

Any recommendations on what I could do to bring them up? What heating methods would be the most affordable? @CO Finest
I have a small tent so I doubt it would take a lot to go up 5 degrees
I am waiting for my LED cob to come in and see how it'll go. Thanks for the replies and help
That cob will bring up your temps

That cob will bring up your temps
I already got one cob led, I have another one coming tomorrow. The cob raised temps about 3°C, I hope the other led light will do the same. Hoping to reach a consistent temperature of 24-25°C and an Rh of 50-60%. I have a fan coming in a bit that I will use for air circulation inside the tent. As of now I have just a small one running and it just isn't doing the job right now. I'd rather have proper ventilation inside and have a consistent temp, then to have to deal with mildew and all other problems that come with poor airflow. Any suggestions and tips are welcome. My grow tent is small (60cm×60cm×160cm), I doubt I need a lot to have a stable environment.

Little update post, other LED has arrived. It is a smaller, COB about 50W. I will be running my main 100W LED for 18 hours, while the smaller one for 12 hours. I read other growers try to emulate a dusk and dawn phase, I'm gonna test it out and see how it goes.
I will post later pictures and further information on my growing environment. There are some leaves that at the tips they are heavy dark green and shriveled. Maybe it is due to the mildew solution I sprayed on? Didn't dry thoroughly? Will post pics in a couple hours.

So far it's been 2 hours since the new light has been on, temps rn reaching the 24°C. Very happy about that, now my RH doesn't seem to consistently drop the 60%. At times it goes well to 55% but that's it. With the bigger fan coming I hope it will drop to about 50%. Posting pictures as some plants are growing brown spots and the tips are looking burnt?
IMG_20210210_193649.jpg

IMG_20210210_193815.jpg

IMG_20210210_193753.jpg

IMG_20210210_193716.jpg

@Buds Buddy would you have some insight on this or know someone? Can't thank you all enough for the help.
I have watered both plants today, the Moby Dick plant I have finally manage to get the runoff below 500 ppm(Counting the pm of water). Although the PH at the bottom is coming out at 6.7, when the water i use it at 5.5. Is there something wrong? Tomorrow I will feed it with exactly the same ppm and see how it will react.

I don't think those tips are burnt. All the leaves would have brown tips except for the new growth. The Dark spots on the leaves look like wind damage. Do you have a fan near the plant ? Not sure if that would cause the brown leaf tips on a few leaves or not though. That looks more like pest damage from the indentation I see on some leaves.
Did you wash your coco before you started your grow ? I usually pH'd 25 gallons of water to 5.8 pH per bag of coco to wash it before my grow. By time I'm done my Coco pH is 5.8 - 6.0. I let that sit over night & then mix 5 gallons of nutrients Plus add Cal Mag, pH to 5.8 & pour it through. Let sit over night & then pot it & plant the seed. Some Coco you don't have to wash (some say). I don't trust a company to do what they say & who's to know if something was malfunctioning that day. I wash it whether the bag says pre-washed or not.
When you say you flush, just how much water are you putting through the pot ? If it's a 5 gal. pot, it takes 15 gal. of water to flush it properly. All 15 gal. need to be pH'd to 5.8 & it wouldn't hurt to add 1 ml. of Cal Mag per gal. As soon as you finish the flush & it quits draining .... Feed it with the correct amount of nutes at pH 5.8.

Your pH will always come out a little higher then what you put in. As long as it stayed under 6.3 I never worried about it.
5.5 - 6.3 run off is fine. And every now & then give it 5.5 & 6.3 nutes. Just not real often. The change up seems to help growth. During the last 4 weeks I feed at 6.3 pH the 1st 2 weeks of that period. Then back to 5.8 for the rest of the grow.

I don't think those tips are burnt. All the leaves would have brown tips except for the new growth. The Dark spots on the leaves look like wind damage. Do you have a fan near the plant ? Not sure if that would cause the brown leaf tips on a few leaves or not though. That looks more like pest damage from the indentation I see on some leaves.
Did you wash your coco before you started your grow ? I usually pH'd 25 gallons of water to 5.8 pH per bag of coco to wash it before my grow. By time I'm done my Coco pH is 5.8 - 6.0. I let that sit over night & then mix 5 gallons of nutrients Plus add Cal Mag, pH to 5.8 & pour it through. Let sit over night & then pot it & plant the seed. Some Coco you don't have to wash (some say). I don't trust a company to do what they say & who's to know if something was malfunctioning that day. I wash it whether the bag says pre-washed or not.
When you say you flush, just how much water are you putting through the pot ? If it's a 5 gal. pot, it takes 15 gal. of water to flush it properly. All 15 gal. need to be pH'd to 5.8 & it wouldn't hurt to add 1 ml. of Cal Mag per gal. As soon as you finish the flush & it quits draining .... Feed it with the correct amount of nutes at pH 5.8.
I have a small fan near the plant, should I add more distance? I have a 7L pot and about 6L worth of volume in soil. I have been watering 6L during the last 2 days.
About the pests I haven't seen any flying bugs or anything on the underside of the leaves. I did not wash my coco before I planted...although I bought it from a growshop and apparently they did. I also didn't put any nutes in before either, will make sure to wash it and add nutes during the course of two days during my next grow.

@Buds Buddy I think my runoff water discrepancies are as you mentioned. I did not flush before planting both of my seeds. Fed the Moby Dick plant 400ppm (Subtracting the water ppm) and the runoff came at 300ppm. The water PH I watered with was at a 5.75 and the runoff was coming out at 6.7
Same thing goes for my Kush Seedling, plain PH water at 5.5 and runoff was 650 ppm and ph 6.8
Would I need to flush them with 3 times the pot volume in liquid to get the PH runoff right?
Another question I had, for the Moby Dick plant is it okay if I prune some of the big fan leaves or should I wait? It is stunted and all the new growth is trying to reach for the light...but with the 2 sets of big ass leaves it's kinda hard for them to stretch through.

Just feed at 5.5 pH for about a week & it should lower the pH in the Coco. I don't think you are getting enough run off to flush things out each time you feed. About 1/5th of what you put in should come out the bottom.
Any leaves that point inward toward the center of the plant cut off. That will give you light down the center & make the lower growth come to the top. I do this all through veg. Makes for a bushy plant.

Just feed at 5.5 pH for about a week & it should lower the pH in the Coco. I don't think you are getting enough run off to flush things out each time you feed. About 1/5th of what you put in should come out the bottom.
Any leaves that point inward toward the center of the plant cut off. That will give you light down the center & make the lower growth come to the top. I do this all through veg. Makes for a bushy plant.
I feed with about 20% runoff, I will try to water a little bit more and see how it goes.
I don't really know what you mean by leaves pointing onwards the plant. For now sticking with just tucking the big fan leaves

Just watered the plants again, Moby Dick looking better and the seedling got it's third set of leaves. New growth starting to pick up which is a good sign, the plant is really bushy and crowded. Hope it will not be a prolem, a pain to water due to the leaves being so low. Posting pictures below, together with my tent setup(Haven't posted it yet so might as well).
IMG_20210212_191724.jpg

IMG_20210212_191744.jpg

Still waiting for fan to come in, I have a small one on the ground(Not seen in picture) next to the red bucket. You can see my two lights and fan, that blue bag is an active carbon bag(Helps with smell and humidity).
IMG_20210212_191818.jpg

Tucked in the big fan leaves as best as I could, new growth is emerging rapidly. Read that it is not wise to trim the fan leaves, especially for autos.
IMG_20210212_191905.jpg

I know my pictures aren't the best but it's so crowded in the middle my camera has a hard time on what to focus.
IMG_20210212_191925.jpg

That is all for today, as Friday is ending (For me at least) I wish you all a happy weekend.

For anyone with knowledge who's around, I was wondering when should I start feeding flower nutes to my plant? Been giving it Coco A&B with CalMag at about 400 ppm. So far the first pistils with its stipules are forming.
I am not following a weekly schedule of feeding for my Moby Dick plant since it got stunted. Lifespan wise it's about week 7-8 since it sprouted.
My main concern going into flower is my RH. I have a dehumidifier and an active carbon bag and there's just no constant way to lower the RH from 70%... at night it creeps to 75%. Read putting backing soda inside the tent helps with the RH and in the process gives your plants C02 My big fan is yet to come, I was also thinking of opening one of the netted sides to get better airflow throughout the tent. Although that will make the light leak out of the tent, any suggestions for a DYI or something cheap I can use to cover the open space? Also forgot to mention that I am growing in my second bathroom due to space restraints in my home.

For anyone with knowledge who's around, I was wondering when should I start feeding flower nutes to my plant? Been giving it Coco A&B with CalMag at about 400 ppm. So far the first pistils with its stipules are forming.
I am not following a weekly schedule of feeding for my Moby Dick plant since it got stunted. Lifespan wise it's about week 7-8 since it sprouted.
My main concern going into flower is my RH. I have a dehumidifier and an active carbon bag and there's just no constant way to lower the RH from 70%... at night it creeps to 75%. Read putting backing soda inside the tent helps with the RH and in the process gives your plants C02 My big fan is yet to come, I was also thinking of opening one of the netted sides to get better airflow throughout the tent. Although that will make the light leak out of the tent, any suggestions for a DYI or something cheap I can use to cover the open space? Also forgot to mention that I am growing in my second bathroom due to space restraints in my home.
wow you have been busy. welcome to the forum by the way. lol. humidity is a killer to nail forna lot of us. both too wet and too dry.hanging towels in buckets of water helps add humidity but losing it is a real pain. The outside air carries a lot of moisture where I am so I try to put my fresh air around the intake of the dehumidifier . This helps dry that incoming air a little before it hits the room directly . lots of airflow around the lower structure of the plant can keep mould at bay too. I didbsee that you had made a mixture up to spray It could be a useful use of MILK right now as it had a property of killing mould spore due to a chemical reaction it causes , forcing the spore to try to mate with itself which kills it dead. About 20%milk to water and coat the stalks and buds deep dont worry about smell as it soon dries in and gets busy. ideally it is applied before the chance of mould to begin but is very effective with no lasting damage . welm worth reading up in milk andnits benefits to us. I fed on breast milk ( spare or digarded !.) and had a good result. Welcome to the auto club.

Back
Top Bottom