First time indoor grow: Need help friends!

Thank you so much for the info @Buds Buddy , I will look at your journal and into the Nebula's method for defoliation you talked in it. I am curious how some plants get over watered and yet you water them everyday or twice. I also was wondering if I needed any more nutrients apart from Calmag and Coco A+B, I saw how many different nutes you use and I was curious

Thank you so much for the info @Buds Buddy , I will look at your journal and into the Nebula's method for defoliation you talked in it. I am curious how some plants get over watered and yet you water them everyday or twice. I also was wondering if I needed any more nutrients apart from Calmag and Coco A+B, I saw how many different nutes you use and I was curious
You can just use what you have or add a bloom booster in flower. I just used the full line up of Advanced Nutrients on that grow. Never again. Wasn't any better then using cheaper nutes. That grow was real expensive as far as nutes go.
Cheapest route you will find is Mega Crop all purpose plant food. A 1000 gr. bag will do about 10 plants in soil start to finish. Probably only 4 - 5 plants with Coco since you feed every day. $25 total for nutes is a winner every time. It's what I use.

9-99.png
9-100.png
9-101.png

Thanks for the much needed insight @Buds Buddy , I have started reading your journal and it's helping a lot. I had a question for my Kush seedling. Should I be watering it till I get runoff or not yet? It's just a week old now and I have given it the first very light feed of calmag yesterday. I will be watering everyday my other plant and giving it nutes every other day. Yesterday I fed it Coco A+B with some CalMag, pH 6 and Ppm of 1000, I checked runoff and it came out ph 6.5 and Ppm 250-300. I am thinking I have been underfeeding my plant, anyways through trial and error I will figure it out. Post pictures later.

Thanks for the much needed insight @Buds Buddy , I have started reading your journal and it's helping a lot. I had a question for my Kush seedling. Should I be watering it till I get runoff or not yet? It's just a week old now and I have given it the first very light feed of calmag yesterday. I will be watering everyday my other plant and giving it nutes every other day. Yesterday I fed it Coco A+B with some CalMag, pH 6 and Ppm of 1000, I checked runoff and it came out ph 6.5 and Ppm 250-300. I am thinking I have been underfeeding my plant, anyways through trial and error I will figure it out. Post pictures later.
If it's only a week old it probably only has 1 or 2 sets of leaves. Wait till you get 4 sets before feeding to run off. Feeding like 6 0z. of nutes 2 - 3 times a day would make it grow the fastest. 1000 ppm is really high. I'm in Flower & only pushing 850 - 900 ppm on a giant plant. It should be more like 200 - 250 as a seedling. Did you take the ppm reading of your water before adding nutes ? If your water is 150 ppm & your mix comes out 800 ppm you are feeding 650 ppm. Subtract the ppm of the water from the final mix to know how many ppm's of nutes you are feeding.

If it's only a week old it probably only has 1 or 2 sets of leaves. Wait till you get 4 sets before feeding to run off. Feeding like 6 0z. of nutes 2 - 3 times a day would make it grow the fastest. 1000 ppm is really high. I'm in Flower & only pushing 850 - 900 ppm on a giant plant. It should be more like 200 - 250 as a seedling. Did you take the ppm reading of your water before adding nutes ? If your water is 150 ppm & your mix comes out 800 ppm you are feeding 650 ppm. Subtract the ppm of the water from the final mix to know how many ppm's of nutes you are feeding.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I fed the Kush seedling at 350 ppm pH of 6, subtracting the water that I bought that had 150 ppm gives me 200 ppm of nutes so I am glad that was good. How often should I water the seedling? Everyday? Right now I am giving it every other day. Regarding the 1000 ppm it was given to my Moby Dick plant she 5 weeks old or so but has been stunted due to my rookie mistakes. In that case I didn't measure the water beforehand and it wasn't the same one as my seedling.

You may have to flush the stunted one & feed with a lower ppm. I'm usually around 600 - 650 ppm by time I start flower. Then I up it 50 - 100 ppm each feeding till I see burnt tips. I know I'm maxed out at that point so it will take a week or so before I can up it some more. I'm usually anywhere between 850 - 1100 ppm by the end of Flower (water ppm included). It just depends on the strain & what it can handle.
My current grow is about 2 - 3 weeks into flower & the sugar leaves are already getting pretty frosty.

Alright I will flush it in about 3 hours, the lights go on in 1hour. I have gotten some timers so I don't have to constantly turn on and off the light and exhaust fan. About the exhaust fan, should I keep it on all the time? Currently my fan is on for 30 mins every hour, RH fluctuates between 60%-80%. My RH doesn't seem to drop below 60%, will that be a problem in the future? I have an electrical dehumidifier together with some other carbon filter bags that take in moisture and smell.
I currently don't have a carbon filter or a proper ventilation setup. But for now with the fan I am able to achieve negative pressure in the tent whenever it's on. I have read that negative pressure could be good for airflow as long as it's not too strong or bending the tent tubes in.

Alright I will flush it in about 3 hours, the lights go on in 1hour. I have gotten some timers so I don't have to constantly turn on and off the light and exhaust fan. About the exhaust fan, should I keep it on all the time? Currently my fan is on for 30 mins every hour, RH fluctuates between 60%-80%. My RH doesn't seem to drop below 60%, will that be a problem in the future? I have an electrical dehumidifier together with some other carbon filter bags that take in moisture and smell.
I currently don't have a carbon filter or a proper ventilation setup. But for now with the fan I am able to achieve negative pressure in the tent whenever it's on. I have read that negative pressure could be good for airflow as long as it's not too strong or bending the tent tubes in.
I would run it all the time when you start to flower to suck out some of the humidity. During flower you want to try to keep it around 30%. During Veg 60 - 70 % is ideal. 80% is kind of high; but I get 80 % during lights out with my tent closed & exhaust on. It drops pretty quick once I open the tent some. I leave about 2' of the bottom of my tent unzipped so the exhaust fan doesn't suck the tent in. I just put something up against the open area that blocks light & lets the air flow. A piece of cardboard or something works fine.

I would run it all the time when you start to flower to suck out some of the humidity. During flower you want to try to keep it around 30%. During Veg 60 - 70 % is ideal. 80% is kind of high; but I get 80 % during lights out with my tent closed & exhaust on. It drops pretty quick once I open the tent some. I leave about 2' of the bottom of my tent unzipped so the exhaust fan doesn't suck the tent in. I just put something up against the open area that blocks light & lets the air flow. A piece of cardboard or something works fine.
Thanks for the idea, although my tent opens only from the top, could do it either way just a little bit more painful to get something to cover it.
I just flushed my Moby Dick plant with plain pH water of 5,8 ppm of 450 (Did not take a reading of the water but did not add anything except PH down). Reading at the bottom gave me 2500 ppm, I do not know it I should worry or not. Possible salts build up? While watering I have found I have springtails living in my growing medium...should I do something about them? I only saw one but it was all it took to make me wonder how many could I have? It was white and it looked exactly like the pictures I saw from the internet.
IMG_20210206_191815.jpg

Is the stem supposed to be white toward s the soil?
IMG_20210206_191832.jpg

Yellowing like this normal?
IMG_20210206_191845.jpg

White spots on bottom serrated leaf, they are not eggs I think. Passes my finger gently to see if it would come off and it doesn't seem so.
IMG_20210206_191955.jpg

Picture from the top
IMG_20210206_192007.jpg

Kush seedling getting his second set

I think your seed grew out sideways. Can you cover all the white with Coco ? I think it's part of the root base.
Are you talking about the slight discoloration on the leaves ? A sign to add Cal Mag. If already using it up it .5 ml. per gal. & check the new growth in a few days to see if it has it or if it's gone.
Bottom 2 pics look great.
I don't know anything about Springtails. You are the 1st one I've heard say they have them. Time to call an expert.
@Emilya , can we get your assistance please ? I trust her advice pretty much over anybody's.

I think your seed grew out sideways. Can you cover all the white with Coco ? I think it's part of the root base.
Are you talking about the slight discoloration on the leaves ? A sign to add Cal Mag. If already using it up it .5 ml. per gal. & check the new growth in a few days to see if it has it or if it's gone.
I don't know anything about Springtails. You are the 1st one I've heard say they have them. Time to call an expert.
@Emilya , can we get your assistance please ? I trust her advice pretty much over anybody's.
Springtails thrive in wet soil. They are nature's punishment to unlucky overwaterers. The good news is that it is ridiculously easy to break their lifecycle by letting the soil dry out completely between waterings. The discoloration could be caused by the bugs.. I would wait before adding supplements. I think I also saw some mildew in one of the pictures. I suspect that you are going way overboard with the moisture thing. Get more fan action in there and stop overwatering.

My seedling grew straight, but due to the crappy LED I had before it was way too tall and flimsy. I curved the stem and pinned it lightly below the soil. I think it just became part of the root system, only thing is everytime I add more soil and cover it, it just comes up by itself.

oh wait... is this coco? hard to overwater coco. To kill the springtails in coco, let me suggest a strong solution of water and H202. Flush them out of there with that. So now I suspect that you just have too much humidity in there to allow them to thrive?
Before I have been watering every 2-3 days and only till 10-20% runoff. Now I water every 24-36 hours. My humidity does get to the 80% at times, I have a Dehumidifier togerther with some Carbon filter bags coming tomorrow. I have one fan inside the tent and waiting for my other one. My tent is small 60x60x160 cm, any advice for any thing I could get to keep a constant airflow? Also waiting for my other light still to come, my temperatures don't go above the 21°C and at lights off drop to 17°C. If you would have any suggestions for a way to regulate the temperature I would kindly appreciate it.

1613002591913.png
1613002608369.png

Before I have been watering every 2-3 days and only till 10-20% runoff. Now I water every 24-36 hours. My humidity does get to the 80% at times, I have a Dehumidifier togerther with some Carbon filter bags coming tomorrow. I have one fan inside the tent and waiting for my other one. My tent is small 60x60x160 cm, any advice for any thing I could get to keep a constant airflow? Also waiting for my other light still to come, my temperatures don't go above the 21°C and at lights off drop to 17°C. If you would have any suggestions for a way to regulate the temperature I would kindly appreciate it.
I use a Space Heater with an Inkbird Temperature Controller in my grow shed. Has to be an analog type Space Heater & not a digital one for the Inkbird to work. You can program the high & low temps. You can program what temp you want during lights on & also program it for the temp you want during lights off. They run about $30 - $35 for an Inkbird.
Inkbird also makes a Humidity controller that will turn your exhaust off & on when the humidity gets too high or too low. Being in AZ. I don't use the Humidity Controller. I have to use a 6 gal. humidifier in the summer to get enough humidity it's so dry here. In the winter it pretty much stays where I need it to be.

I use a Space Heater with an Inkbird Temperature Controller in my grow shed. Has to be an analog type Space Heater & not a digital one for the Inkbird to work. You can program the high & low temps. You can program what temp you want during lights on & also program it for the temp you want during lights off. They run about $30 - $35 for an Inkbird.
Inkbird also makes a Humidity controller that will turn your exhaust off & on when the humidity gets too high or too low. Being in AZ. I don't use the Humidity Controller. I have to use a 6 gal. humidifier in the summer to get enough humidity it's so dry here. In the winter it pretty much stays where I need it to be.
Thanks Buds, will look into the Inkbird. Where I live it's pretty humid and rains a lot. In my case I need to get a dehumidifier. By the way I tried to whipe off the white marks and they don't come off. They feel like sandpaper. Been trying togather as much information for what it could be...I am yet unsure.

Look up what to do for WPM (White Powder Mildew) & treat the plant with it. I think there's a home remedy in my journal for it if you look for the part where I posted about plant disease.
Thanks for your help Buds, you really are helping me with a lot of things and given me knowledge that would have taken me much longer to gain. It's currently Sunday here so everything is closed. Tomorrow I will go and find the items I need to get rid of it.
I have an analog heater in my home, I already set it up. The thing is it has a built in thermometer and a max temperature option that stops when it reaches it. Would I need the Inkbird in this case? I have the heater set up outside the tent feeding air through one of the bottom velcro compartments. My temperatures have risen inside the tent to 25-26 °C and an Rh of 50%. The shift from the 21 °C and the 80% Rh was rather surprising. I hope this will slow the growth of the mildew.
I have read that you could prune some of the infested leaves. My buttom set of serrated leaves (The first set of true leaves) is pretty infested with white dots and the tips are pretty much touching the soil.
I will post pictures later, thank you all for your help, have a happy Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom