First time indoor grow: Need help friends!

On the changing defend thing. ideally when stretch has noticeable slow down around day 21., you can safely change to a more flowering beneficial feed as the growth spurts won't be using the additional stored N and will want more p and k. veg nutes just allow more green in the leaves for photo synthesis and spurts

Thank you for the insight Ganjagrandaddy, I am patiently waiting for my fan to come and see if it would help with the RH. My grow room is very minimal and cheap (In terms of equipment). I do not have an intake fan, or a carbon filter. I use a fan for my extractor and I currently have a small one inside my tent (I will replace or just add my other on when it gets here). Maybe putting the dehumidifier outside my tent would help? Inside it seems to lower the RH about 5-10%. I'll wait a week or two before considering the nutes.
I am still wondering how long it will take for my plant to finish, the first months growth was slowed by half if not more. So I am thinking in the range of 4-6 weeks left?

Hi fellow growers, been bugging the last few days about my humidity. I can't seem to lower it from 70%...my bathroom is humid also so that might be the problem. I have only one window which I could exhaust my air to but it's where I wash and dry my clothes(Might do more harm than good since more humidity might creep in). Thinking of keeping my small dehumidifier inside my tent and get a bigger one with a specific humidity setting for the bathroom. Been reading a lot on ventilation and lowering humidity. The fact that I am recycling air inside the same room also isn't helping.
Anybody that has an idea on what I could do to keep a steady humidity now that I am in pre flower I would greatly appreciate it. What would be the best way to improve my set up without paying a boatload of cahs. Right now I have passive air intake through tent, exhaust fan with no filter, 1 small fan inside tent and another one coming, small dehumidifier inside tent.

Hi fellow growers, been bugging the last few days about my humidity. I can't seem to lower it from 70%...my bathroom is humid also so that might be the problem. I have only one window which I could exhaust my air to but it's where I wash and dry my clothes(Might do more harm than good since more humidity might creep in). Thinking of keeping my small dehumidifier inside my tent and get a bigger one with a specific humidity setting for the bathroom. Been reading a lot on ventilation and lowering humidity. The fact that I am recycling air inside the same room also isn't helping.
Anybody that has an idea on what I could do to keep a steady humidity now that I am in pre flower I would greatly appreciate it. What would be the best way to improve my set up without paying a boatload of cahs. Right now I have passive air intake through tent, exhaust fan with no filter, 1 small fan inside tent and another one coming, small dehumidifier inside tent.
airflow ,airflow and some airflow .lol make sure that air gets around the whole plant , through the stems and leaves and if need be lose lower popcorn growth to open the below decks up. keep spacing between buds and also ensure no leaves sit flat on top of others. they love trapping moisture this way. keep the girls dancing with air if possible amd as long as you can remove staler air out and fresh in , you should be fine at 70% . be vigilant and prepare as though you have seen it already. should be good buddy.

I'd agree with Ganja if you were in Veg still. But you are starting to flower now so RH needs to go down under 50%.
30% RH is ideal for flowering. But the fans will help if you can keep air flowing through the plant. As far as trimming the small stuff off the bottom, I would not. If it were a Photo plant I would. But you should not trim an auto after 21 days or if it starts to flower. Auto's can be finicky & might Hermie if you do much trimming after 21 days. A few big leaves blocking air & light are OK to remove. Just don't get crazy.
Do you happen to have one of those Laser Thermometers ? I got one for like $10 at Harbor Freight. I use it to measure the temps of the leaves at the canopy. Your grow room might be 81 F, but as long as your leaf temps are around 77 you are fine. Higher Temp = Less Humidity. So you could get closer to a good RH by warming the room up as long as the leaf temps are good. I've grown plants with temps in the mid to high 80's with no problem. Cooler temps are better for flower because the plant thinks it's turning winter & produces more trich's to protect itself. But sometimes you have to do, what you have to do to get through the grow.

Thanks for your replies Ganja and Buds, I have set the heater on and it seems to have lowered the RH by 10%. My fan will be coming by Monday the latest. Looking for a dehumidifier with an option to control the RH.
Did only a little trim on about 6 minor leaves that were getting stuck in between the rest. Will post updates tomorrow or the day after.

Quick post, pretty tired. Just watered both plants and seen my youngest plant having white hair already. It is 20 days old since sprout. Going to post a picture of each plant. Will post more tomorrow.
IMG_20210223_024421.jpg

Kush plant(20 days)
IMG_20210223_024457.jpg

Moby Dick (9 weeks, but stunted)

Hello everyone, for the past few days I've been thinking about how I could improve my set up. I am stuck between getting a proper exhaust fan and using the one I have for intake. Or just keep things as they are. I am looking into another dehumidifier to be able and have a steady RH. My fan at the moment moves 100m3/h, my tent is pretty small so idk if I need a powerful exhaust.
On another topic, I have killed two flying bugs so far, they come from outside the growroom since I've seen them in my home before. Although if given the chance they just enter the grow room and stay there.
I have also been keeping a close eye for MPW, I am starting to believe the white dots I get on my leaves are from the linen string I use for hanging my lights (Little white pieces come off from the tips). I don't have any white patches as the pictures I see on the internet. The White dots I have on my plant don't come off and I check for pests regularly and I am yet to see one on my plant.
Posting pics for better reference. Cheers and happy growing
IMG_20210224_171317.jpg

Moby Dick getting bushy
IMG_20210224_171301.jpg

Little buger was inside my tent, second one I clapped the life out of (Had only two in past week or so).
IMG_20210224_171402.jpg

The leaf with cuts has a dark brownish-grey color on the side.
IMG_20210224_171414.jpg

Plant getting a little bit wide for the tent...suggestions?

Thanks for the reply Emilya, I can't seem to find the pest (Even with a loupe, checked undersides no eggs). I've read that spider mites like a hot and dry climate. My tent doesn't go higher than 23-24°C (18-19°C at night) and my RH doesn't drop below 60%. Would it still possible to have them? Those bite marks I've had them for weeks, I have been daily scoping for more damage. It is not something that is getting progressively worse (Amount of leaves or the damage caused isn't increasing). Kinda bugging out (Pun intended)

Thanks for the reply Emilya, I can't seem to find the pest (Even with a loupe, checked undersides no eggs). I've read that spider mites like a hot and dry climate. My tent doesn't go higher than 23-24°C (18-19°C at night) and my RH doesn't drop below 60%. Would it still possible to have them? Those bite marks I've had them for weeks, I have been daily scoping for more damage. It is not something that is getting progressively worse (Amount of leaves or the damage caused isn't increasing). Kinda bugging out (Pun intended)
Keep a close eye for a while, but since you don't see a progression of the damage, I would not freak and start spraying stuff yet. Look especially for more of the little white dots on your leaves... that is the classic damage of spider mites.

Will pay very close attention to the white dots on the leafs. On a side note, been looking into the brownish grey discoloration I have on very few of the leaves. Looks like wind damage, they are clawing and shriveled inwards. Been having a fan pointing directly at the plant from below...affected leaves are only at the bottom, so that makes sense. Just read to have airflow above and below the plant.
Also will post later pictures of my younger Kush plant, right now I have lights off. I don't know if I should be concerned, but one of the leaves has two fingers that are wayyy brighter and drier looking than the rest. It is the same leaf and it is only 2 of the 5 fingers that has this weird thing going. Will post pictures later for better reference.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, my Moby Dick plant is really starting to get too wide and covering the smaller Kush plant.
IMG_20210307_161415.jpg

Trying my best to keep the bud sites exposed to the light.
IMG_20210307_161424.jpg

Here is the setup with the fan that came in a week ago, have it slightly pointing down and it gives both plants a nice breeze through the top and the lower part of the plants.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, my Moby Dick plant is really starting to get too wide and covering the smaller Kush plant.
IMG_20210307_161415.jpg

Trying my best to keep the bud sites exposed to the light.
IMG_20210307_161424.jpg

Here is the setup with the fan that came in a week ago, have it slightly pointing down and it gives both plants a nice breeze through the top and the lower part of the plants.
Someone is going to need a bigger tent!

Back
Top Bottom