Five's Round 3 Auto Attempt - 2 x AK49 & 1 x Super Skunk - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED

re: Five's Round 3 Auto Attempt - 2 x AK49 & 1 x Super Skunk - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED

Update!!

Girls have all sprouted and have been fed their first nutrient feed using week 1 of the schedule on the OP. They have also now been moved into the grow cabinet under the proper CFL rig I built. Temperatures are ok, around the 18-26 celcius mark but humidity is a bit low at the moment unfortunately, sitting around 40%.
Have put a bunch of trays of water and things around so hopefully that will start to rise a bit. I also have plastic cups over each plant still but don't think that is doing too much at this point, however I'm not too sure.

P6273024.JPG
P6273025.JPG
P6273027.JPG
P6273029.JPG

re: Five's Round 3 Auto Attempt - 2 x AK49 & 1 x Super Skunk - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED

If you have a heat mat, put a saucer of water on it and the RH will climb. A humidifier can also be used, or a fish tank heater set to low in a bucket of water. Those cups don't look like they will allow for much air flow anyways.

If you have a heat mat, put a saucer of water on it and the RH will climb. A humidifier can also be used, or a fish tank heater set to low in a bucket of water. Those cups don't look like they will allow for much air flow anyways.

I didn't think of the heat mat under a saucer, thanks dude!
I don't have a humidifier or fish tank heater but will try the heat mat.
The cups are sitting so there is about two fingers width worth of gap under for air to get in. Do you think I should remove them all together?

Hello young ones.good job.looking very happy.id remove the cups above the plants arnt really solving anthing;)

A few days under the cup should work good for the roots. I keep mine in a humidity dome for a few days, then take it off and let them do their thing.

Hello young ones.good job.looking very happy.id remove the cups above the plants arnt really solving anthing;)
Thanks for the advice :)

A few days under the cup should work good for the roots. I keep mine in a humidity dome for a few days, then take it off and let them do their thing.
They have been there since being planted so as beast said above I can probably remove them now.
I usually use a dome as well but being autos I was advised to use their final pot and not transplant

Great advice whoever told u that.should always pot an auto into its final pot.get a much bigger plant;)
Couldn't tell you who initially told me but I have read it many times. Its one of the main things mentioned when speaking of autos.
Just hope they dont get too big for the cabinet

Its pretty easy to supercrop u just gota be carefull. make a break in a branch without snapping it.then tape it up if needed till she heals;) lots of info on here about the subject if u search supercropping;)

Its pretty easy to supercrop u just gota be carefull. make a break in a branch without snapping it.then tape it up if needed till she heals;) lots of info on here about the subject if u search supercropping;)
I may have a look in to that, thanks beast. But I'll see how I go with just lst for the time being :)

was going to ask what made you want to go with coco but then i saw your feeding schedule and realized we are following the same guide :thumb:

hope it works out for you as well as i feel it did for me so far!
I actually decided on coco due to being easier to setup and understand than full hydro but produced yields quicker than soil as I'm impatient and smoke a lot lol. I started off using lucas formula on my first grow but wasn't heaps successful so changed to the flora 3-Part. Then saw another grower on here named GlimmerGrass who used this schedule and pointed me to where she found it. So used that for the last grow and it worked well and figured it would do great again as it was originally written by an autoflower grower.

My only concern about using large pots on small plants is that it will take more liquid to drench the media and having disproportionate root mass will make for a lot of wasted nutes. My bet is that the auto growers that advise to begin in the finishing pot do this to mitigate transplant shock which will stunt the finishing potential of an auto. Never having grown an auto myself, I am just spit balling here, but if it were me, I would try to fence of smaller zones in the media with smaller pots with the bottoms sawed off. They could be pushed down into the media like a crude hole saw and left in place. This, I bet would keep smaller portions of media fenced off and make for more manageable media and use of nutes. When I'm confident that the roots are bigger, I could slide out the next bottomless pot and expose the roots to the next measure of media. The plant would never need to be flipped and no transplant shock would occur and allow the auto to grow to it's full potential.

This is clearly just a fleeting thought I had and wanted to share. Those experienced in autos, and/or coco might see flaws that I simply don't yet understand, so do your diligence if you like the idea. If it's not for you, as always, I am not offended the least bit.

My only concern about using large pots on small plants is that it will take more liquid to drench the media and having disproportionate root mass will make for a lot of wasted nutes. My bet is that the auto growers that advise to begin in the finishing pot do this to mitigate transplant shock which will stunt the finishing potential of an auto. Never having grown an auto myself, I am just spit balling here, but if it were me, I would try to fence of smaller zones in the media with smaller pots with the bottoms sawed off. They could be pushed down into the media like a crude hole saw and left in place. This, I bet would keep smaller portions of media fenced off and make for more manageable media and use of nutes. When I'm confident that the roots are bigger, I could slide out the next bottomless pot and expose the roots to the next measure of media. The plant would never need to be flipped and no transplant shock would occur and allow the auto to grow to it's full potential.

This is clearly just a fleeting thought I had and wanted to share. Those experienced in autos, and/or coco might see flaws that I simply don't yet understand, so do your diligence if you like the idea. If it's not for you, as always, I am not offended the least bit.

That was my concern too but seems to be the standard when it comes to autoflowers. As you say its due to reducing shock to the plant because of its fast Growth.
I have seen someone using plastic cups like you describe but I guess it slipped my mind with harvest and starting this new round.
I might give it a go as you make a good point.

Might ask the question in some auto forums

Ur both bang on always go into ur final.pot with an auto.reduces alot of shock.can end up with a small plant and less yield than expected.most autos will be fine in a 5 gal bucket or smart pot and wont go rootbound.will grow into a beast;)happy growing every1;)

Ur both bang on always go into ur final.pot with an auto.reduces alot of shock.can end up with a small plant and less yield than expected.most autos will be fine in a 5 gal bucket or smart pot and wont go rootbound.will grow into a beast;)happy growing every1;)
They're looking pretty good right now so I think we're so far so good lol. I worry about trying new things and never sure if I've done it wrongly.
They seem to be growing pretty quick now, I guess they liked their first feed :)

Back
Top Bottom