Five's Round 3 Auto Attempt - 2 x AK49 & 1 x Super Skunk - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED

I put takeroot and stuff in my soil so a big pot il drop 2 litre of water in with takeroot and put the seed in .take about 3 week to dry out under led.i give maybe half a litre of water each every 3 days when top soil is crispy.but i dont start with nutes till about week 3 to 4 of life.when i do i will feed each plant 1.5 litres at a time.they will take all food given to them no problem;) hope this helps;)

I put takeroot and stuff in my soil so a big pot il drop 2 litre of water in with takeroot and put the seed in .take about 3 week to dry out under led.i give maybe half a litre of water each every 3 days when top soil is crispy.but i dont start with nutes till about week 3 to 4 of life.when i do i will feed each plant 1.5 litres at a time.they will take all food given to them no problem;) hope this helps;)
Forgot you use soil which is a bit different to coco with feeding times.
I have done pretty much the same with the first feed.
Before planting I had washed the coco and flushed it with 1ml/L calmag. I then made sure it was nice and moist when planting the cracked seeds.
Only gave a bit of plain ro as I saw the top dry out until they sprouted.
Once sprouted I gave a light nute feed and made sure the coco was soaked and got good run off.
Haven't done anything since then as they still seem moist on top. I was only going to give a small amount of plain ro next time and only get a little run off. Then keep like that, feed/water/feed etc

Gave the girls some plain RO water just to moisten things up a bit. Only gave enough to water just around them and left the rest of the pot to continue drying out.
They seem happy looking but let me know what you think.
Also, the plastic cups seem to be making things better in terms of humidity so I think I should keep them on as the rest of the box seems to be around 30%. What do you guys think?

P6303039.JPG
P6303041.JPG
P6303042.JPG
P6303043.JPG
P6303044.JPG
P6303045.JPG
P6303046.JPG

I would think unblocked light is bettet then upping your RH. I'll leave my girls in the air at that stage. Clone's need a dome till their "hardened" off folar feeding and switch roots on.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Update!

Things seem to be coming along nicely now. So far they have had a handful of feeds and seem to be growing well after each one. The next day I always notice some extra growth.
I have also been advised to add Seasol which is meant to help roots and things. I believe it is a seaweed extract but best to google it if you wish to know more. Its a local Aussie product so might not be much help to the rest of you guys lol.
They have only had 2 feeds with the Seasol so far but they seem to like it.
I removed the plastic cups as I don't see a need for them anymore and have put a bunch of plastic trays filled with water on top of a heat mat to raise the RH. It seems to have done the job.

Otherwise not much to tell so I'll just show you.

P7073055.JPG
P7073056.JPG
P7073057.JPG
P7073058.JPG
P7073059.JPG
P7073060.JPG

I also ramp up my feed dosages slower than what is recommended by the nute company.

Update

Girls are loving the feeds so far, been heaps of growth this week! Seems to be quite a boost since adding the Seasol too so pretty happy about that.
Thinking about introducing the LED soon as the CFL rig I made wont be big enough to deal with all three once they get a bit bigger, I just don't want to do it too early and shock them.
Looked at doing some LST today but they don't seem big enough. What do you guys think? Is there any point to tying the leaves down or should I only be bending the stem?

Other than that things seem to be going smoothly.
Please chime in with any thoughts or tips though, still a bit unsure at this point as it is my first try at growing Autos. Anyone who has done it before and could give some tips about how much and how often to feed at these early stages would be great! I'm not sure if I should be drenching all the coco more or less

Thanks guys!!

P7103062.JPG

Super Skunk
P7103063.JPG

AK49 #1
P7103064.JPG

AK49 #2
P7103065.JPG

Growth does appear to be full throttle now. As far as LST, only do it when it's needed to expose more foliage to the light, or when needed to support a heavy bud or improve air flow. When the side branching starts, you can use LST to train them to grow a certain way that promotes more growth in other areas. But at this stage, LST wouldn't accomplish much at all.

I have had great success with pony tailing and bowl training my autos. My ghetto grow auto pulled almost 12 oz. She was transplanted as well from a humidity dome. Fed nutrients from day one. Fed daily.

My bowl training method is very gentle on the plants. So is pony tailing.

My huge over 14oz auto Northern Lights was bowl trained from very young. When she was super young, I bowl training by just slightly bending all the branches away and leaf tucking. Once she was bigger, then I started to do a bit more aggressive bowl training.

This is how I bowl train. (I would look up pony tailing as well here on 420magazine)

[video=youtube;XPVpsLr9zhY]
[/video]

Coming along real nice over in this one 5!
Ive used the seasol a few times in some of my first grows always works well throughout vege, i have had it create green slimy moss on soil/coco before but only happens when its too cold or damp and doesnt really affect anything.

That middle ak is getting abit ahead, its good to see i was hoping the ak would grow well with it being one on my future strains to grow list.
Good work mate :)

Growth does appear to be full throttle now. As far as LST, only do it when it's needed to expose more foliage to the light, or when needed to support a heavy bud or improve air flow. When the side branching starts, you can use LST to train them to grow a certain way that promotes more growth in other areas. But at this stage, LST wouldn't accomplish much at all.
Tell me about it, they're growing so much each day I can barely recognise them each afternoon when I open the cabinet! Absolutely loving the speed of these girls, can't wait to see how it all goes.

I have had great success with pony tailing and bowl training my autos. My ghetto grow auto pulled almost 12 oz. She was transplanted as well from a humidity dome. Fed nutrients from day one. Fed daily.

My bowl training method is very gentle on the plants. So is pony tailing.

My huge over 14oz auto Northern Lights was bowl trained from very young. When she was super young, I bowl training by just slightly bending all the branches away and leaf tucking. Once she was bigger, then I started to do a bit more aggressive bowl training.

This is how I bowl train. (I would look up pony tailing as well here on 420magazine)

[video=youtube;XPVpsLr9zhY]
[/video]

I'll have to check that stuff out, thanks mate!

Coming along real nice over in this one 5!
Ive used the seasol a few times in some of my first grows always works well throughout vege, i have had it create green slimy moss on soil/coco before but only happens when its too cold or damp and doesnt really affect anything.

That middle ak is getting abit ahead, its good to see i was hoping the ak would grow well with it being one on my future strains to grow list.
Good work mate :)

Thanks dude!
Haven't seen the slime you speak of yet but will keep an eye out. Seems to be doing quite well though, they have grown heaps since introducing it to the feed.

Yes AK49 #1 was the first to sprout through the coco so has had about 48 hours more light than the youngest being the Super Skunk. The other two seem to be catching up a bit though. They seem to be even heights so far due to having different stem lengths so canopy should be ok I think lol

Update:

Growth has exploded, seems to be changing more and more daily. Its great to watch!

Stepped up the feed slightly as instructed by the regieme (see op for chart) and they seem to be responding well.
Feeding about once every 48 hours at the moment but I think that is too frequent, not sure though

Back
Top Bottom