Five's Second Attempt - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED - NL - 2016

Time for an update!

The girls are now 10 weeks old and in the bloom phase. Been under the LED on 12/12 for 7 days now and had their first bloom nute feed yesterday evening. (That is week 5 ratio on the chart I posted previously) Still looking great!

I'm thinking I will remove the two lamps I put in there to try and light up under the canopy as they seem to be doing more burning of leaves than any real good. I can't seem to get them to fit properly so I might get rid of them for this round and try to find a better solution next time.
That is unless anyone can make any suggestions?
See the pics on the previous page for the way I had the lamps set up.

Took the girls out for a moment today to take some pics so you can see how they're doing. Still kinda crappy light I'm sorry, but we have some new additions to our chicken run and the incubator is sitting near the grow box. So that red light is from the incubator light and I think you can see the little ones in one of the pics lol
But also took some closeups of the bud sites so you can get a nice good look ;)

Anyways, as always, please let me know what you think!!

P4042817.JPG
P4042818.JPG
P4042820.JPG
P4042821.JPG
P4042822.JPG
P4042823.JPG
P4042824.JPG

I've just noticed that the bloom feed ratios produce a smaller PPM, so I checked it against the official GH chart and if you take away the additives the suggest it looks correct.
From my understanding I thought the PPM should be rising, not reducing. Could someone please confirm?
I have seen quite a few people use the same feed schedule as I am and get great results but none mentioned about additives or needing to modify the PPM. So I think I should just keep going but don't want to be starving the girls at all especially when they're just starting to bloom.

If anyone could please confirm this for me it would be greatly appreciated! :)

Produce smaller ppm than what/when? I don't understand the question the way it is worded.

Yeah, that's nothing to worry about.
Sweet, didn't think so. Thanks!
Produce smaller ppm than what/when? I don't understand the question the way it is worded.
Sorry Sky. During the last week of vege and through transition the PPM measurement of the feed mix was around 600+ but the first week of bloom measures 490

So increase the nutrient content till you hit your target range.

It should, but because it only went to 490 means its a bit too diluted. Add the respective proportions to the recipe to get the ppm up to your range.

It should, but because it only went to 490 means its a bit too diluted. Add the respective proportions to the recipe to get the ppm up to your range.
That's what I thought. Although I used the exact measurements from the chart I'm using and didn't reduce anything for the silica I added.
Should I add more base nutes to compensate? Or maybe more calmag?

You read the leaves to see if you are too low or too high. Look for deficiencies (too low) or tip burn (too high). I ramp up until I see a kiss of nute burn and then back off.

Try to read the plants rather than adhere perfectly to the chart. If everything looks healthy you're doing it right. If not see paragraph 1 :)

You read the leaves to see if you are too low or too high. Look for deficiencies (too low) or tip burn (too high). I ramp up until I see a kiss of nute burn and then back off.

Try to read the plants rather than adhere perfectly to the chart. If everything looks healthy you're doing it right. If not see paragraph 1 :)
That makes sense. Everything looks green and healthy so I'm pretty sure they're all good.

Here is a copy of the feed chart.

1523844adba5c060aa872ffd7a36aadc.jpg

As you can see the amounts of grow are reduced after transition week 4 and nothing is added so the PPM lowers.

As they flower the plants no longer require as much Nitrogen of which the Flora Grow has a higher ratio. As we lower the lesser needed nutrients the ppm will fall. The plant simply doesn't need all of that.

Now, here is where you get learn to read the leaves some more. Your plants are going to begin to take up less N while simultaneously draining it from its reserves (the fan leaves). Green fading to Yellow then to Brown will work its way up the plant starting with the bottom most leaves. Fade at the top right away may be a sign of deficiency or lockout.

As they flower the plants no longer require as much Nitrogen of which the Flora Grow has a higher ratio. As we lower the lesser needed nutrients the ppm will fall. The plant simply doesn't need all of that.

Now, here is where you get learn to read the leaves some more. Your plants are going to begin to take up less N while simultaneously draining it from its reserves (the fan leaves). Green fading to Yellow then to Brown will work its way up the plant starting with the bottom most leaves. Fade at the top right away may be a sign of deficiency or lockout.

Ok cool, I think I understand! :)

That seems to be what has just started to happen as we have a couple of very bottom leaves turning yellow and brown. All looks good on top though so I'll just stick to the schedule unless the girls tell me differently

Loving how these girls look now!! Couldn't help to take some more pics and post so let me know what you all think!!

P4082825.JPG
P4082829.JPG
P4082830.JPG
P4082832.JPG
P4082835.JPG
P4082836.JPG
P4082837.JPG

Apologies for the poor background lighting but being it is now Autumn, it gets dark before I get home from work so did the best I could with the flash

Back
Top Bottom