Flowering issues

TheRocket

Every time I get this strain to this point (2nd time of doing this strain) I run into issues and can’t put my finger on it

flowering time: currently day 25
strain is white widow x big bud
Ph 5.8-6.0
Temp: 23oc day, 18oc night
Humidity: 50%
Lighting: 2 x 400w HPS

lights were only one 600w HPS but I noticed temps were dropping to around 20oc whilst lights were on...
seems all the plants except one just seem to be dark green, look like burnt tips and rust spots. Been feeding these water with a bit of canna boost per feed (around 2ml per 10l of water), today I’ve fed an Epsom salt water mix
I possibly over did it with the calmag and that’s why the others are dark green

my biggest plant, well the leaves are curling upwards and going very yellow.
I flushed them 3 days or so ago and fed with a light feed and some Epsom salt but doesn’t seem to be much change, other than they are showing signs of over watering

Ive attached pics of the larger plant, can’t get pics of them in daylight cause lights are off during the day

any advise would be good. Thanks

987A340C-6ED1-4276-8DB5-FFD133628CCA.jpeg

F2355E27-A70F-496E-87DB-D9AE7397BE7C.jpeg

843E1EC3-EAF9-43F9-9B79-7820F9312C65.jpeg

9919EC4B-6941-4B1F-B814-0ABF6D920623.jpeg

OK so you're in a soil-less medium. You are feeding your plants.

What nutrients are you using?
Was using canna a&b til they got their first buds, then switched to ionics coco.
But due to them being so green I started feeding water for the last week. I’m sure ive over done it with the calmag and that’s why they are so dark

but the one in the pics I think it’s over watered from when I flushed it a few days ago

I had a similar issue recently and I had overwatered and my soil was too hot. Got back into the proper watering technique and laid off the nutrients to correct it. I've never grown in coco though so can't really help. I'd keep an eye on your humidity too though as it's a little high for flowering. I'm sure @bobrown14 will square you away.

Am I best feeding just PK 9/18 til they lighten up? Seems pointless feeding base nutes whilst they are ‘full’ atm

If those are in coco you need to feed and water multiple times daily they look water stressed from being to dry in coco and slightly under fed as well from being to dry and no drawing enough.
They get watered once every day. Wish I had the option to water them more.
Can’t use drippers etc cause of where they are, but won’t get into that.

Mate even when you flush you want a weak feed in the root zone , coco has zero nutes , give them a feed , when adding cal mag make sure you add it to your water FIRST its important ,
If your worried about dark green go by the bottom leaves , if you see the bottom darker than the top , slow down on the feeding with high ( N) . , Ill private message you back also , we cant tell you a lot from the hps pics , natural light will help , .:thumb:.

Mate even when you flush you want a weak feed in the root zone , coco has zero nutes , give them a feed , when adding cal mag make sure you add it to your water FIRST its important ,
If your worried about dark green go by the bottom leaves , if you see the bottom darker than the top , slow down on the feeding with high ( N) . , Ill private message you back also , we cant tell you a lot from the hps pics , natural light will help , .:thumb:.

thanks man, honestly soon as you reply I know things are going to get better...

looking well , not too bad , ok , you want to give 3/4 strength nutes at a ph of 5.9 , add cal/mag 1/2 strength but add the cal mag first , stir and leave for 15 mins stir again, add the rest , stir it again leave 10 mins check ph , get ph to 5.9 run through to 20 percent RUN OFF , slowly water to wet the whole coco pot you want it soaked , next feed if you have add some PK boost 1/2 strength with the rest , she is more hungry than over fed , she is well down on (K) ,
I am almost sure this is the problem
also when we say natural light even a lit room , you don't need it outside :)

looking well , not too bad , ok , you want to give 3/4 strength nutes at a ph of 5.9 , add cal/mag 1/2 strength but add the cal mag first , stir and leave for 15 mins stir again, add the rest , stir it again leave 10 mins check ph , get ph to 5.8 run through to 20 percent RUN OFF , slowly water to wet the whole coco pot you want it soaked , next feed if you have add some PK boost 1/2 strength with the rest , she is more hungry than over fed , she is well down on (K) ,
I am almost sure this is the problem
also when we say natural light even a lit room , you don't need it outside :)

perfect thank you. They always seem to loose worse than they are under the hps lights.
i will mix some water up now ready for later when the lights come on..
last time I did these plants they didn’t fatten up so was a bit sick so just want these doing the same.
For 3.5 weeks flower they seem to be a decent size

would low K give the appearance of over feeding then?

Back
Top Bottom