FlowerNose & NezFleur Grow More Autoflowers - Coco - LED - 2017

re: FlowerNose & NezFleur Grow More Autoflowers - Coco - LED - 2017

Northern lights gets an update too. She's alive. She's growing. She's mostly green. All good things so I'm determined to be grateful.
420-magazine-mobile2122518898.jpg

420-magazine-mobile474289191.jpg

What a weirdo, though.
420-magazine-mobile1064084777.jpg

Tonight I'm finally decarbing the hash I got off the trimmings from my first grow. We have had mixed results in the past when using the conventional oven and toaster oven. We bought a sous vide machine for the job. It's like a specialized slow cooker. It allows us to dial in a precise temperature and hold that temp for as long as we want.

This is the Electric Fruit hash we got with the bubble bags a few posts ago. I vacuum sealed it.
420-magazine-mobile178111093.jpg

I'm cooking it at 195°f for 90 minutes. When it's finished I'll throw it in the freezer to stop the cooking process.

TO BE CONTINUED

Not familiar with the relationship of hash and pins. I'll have to look that up.

Because of my age, I kind of assume what was going on back in the late 60's to late 70's when I grew up is well known...maybe I assume to much..Hash was a treat that was not readily available in nowhere USA and the only stuff we would get is fine Lebanese Blond hash, usually a 1-3 gram bar wrapped in foil, You could unwrap the foil at the end and light it while inhaling the smoke, but it was hard to light with matches because of the moisture content.

The Bic lighter came out in the mid 70's and really made smoking hash easy, you didn't need to carry around a Zippo which was bulky compared to a Bic and if you have carried a Zippo in your front pants pocket that you just filled and had it leaked fluid...not fun to the privates!

The answer to your question is back then we would use a piece of tinfoil curled, to a half tube shape, stick a pin in the middle, put a chunk of hash (which is kinda crumbly) on the point, use that Bic to get it smouldering and use the toilet paper tubes to inhale the smoke...good times!:amen:

420-magazine-mobile78277424.jpg

This is why I love training. These photos are 12-18 hours apart. Every time I go in there I have some small adjustment I can make. It's slow hour to hour, but it's fast day to day. So gratifying.
I took the decarbed hash out of the freezer and put it in 5oz of ice cold everclear. The hash had melted in the sous vide and was smeared all over the inside of the little vacuum sealed pouch I made. It didn't want to come lose, so I let the plastic soak in the alcohol to dissolve the hash. The plastic was removed once the hash was off of it. Shake shake shake.
420-magazine-mobile1678210353.jpg

The hash did not want to dissolve in the cold alcohol and I wanted a final product of 2 ounces, not 5. So... I heated it up. Alcohol is flammable, guys. If you try this, be safe. I heated my tincture on an electric stove top. Don't do it on a gas stove. I used a Pyrex measuring cup and a double boiler.
420-magazine-mobile546741339.jpg

When it was reduced to 2 ounces I strained it through a coffee filter. Then took the resulting tincture and strained it through a coffee filter again. Then bottled it.
420-magazine-mobile120415336.jpg

I've been playing around with dosages since yesterday. This is a one ounce bottle. Ness has the second bottle. I started with 2 droppers filled like the one in the picture. Then I tried 3 droppers. But 4 droppers is the magic number. Energetic, long lasting, mildly euphoric high.

The answer to your question is back then we would use a piece of tinfoil curled, to a half tube shape, stick a pin in the middle, put a chunk of hash (which is kinda crumbly) on the point, use that Bic to get it smouldering and use the toilet paper tubes to inhale the smoke...good times!:amen:
Pretty similarly: small piece of hash on end of a pin. Heat it without too much direct flame (inhale any smoke that comes off). Once it's soft, crumble it into your medium of choice - a paper with weed or tobacco in it, for example. When I was younger that's how kids smoked hash, crumbled into papers with tobacco.

I'm not a hash aficionado, but it wasn't uncommon where I'm from. Some places were more likely to have hash oil. People would use a pin there too - dip it in the oil then slather it onto a paper or a cigarette.

As someone who doesn't like tobacco I much prefer the vaporized and decarbed options available today!

Day 28
Training finally started for Northern Lights. She's still the goofiest little plant. :)
420-magazine-mobile2129027002.jpg

I mean, she's got runty little leaves still coming in at odd times. And there are two fan leaves which seem to be growing side by side. Whatever, little plant. Do what you want.
420-magazine-mobile589451335.jpg

I'm not letting Gorilla Glue do hardly anything she wants. I'm getting creative with the pipe cleaners to hold branches and leaves down just right.
420-magazine-mobile317869016.jpg

Hope you can get an idea of my process. :)
420-magazine-mobile55340423.jpg

Because of my age, I kind of assume what was going on back in the late 60's to late 70's when I grew up is well known...maybe I assume to much..Hash was a treat that was not readily available in nowhere USA and the only stuff we would get is fine Lebanese Blond hash, usually a 1-3 gram bar wrapped in foil, You could unwrap the foil at the end and light it while inhaling the smoke, but it was hard to light with matches because of the moisture content.

The Bic lighter came out in the mid 70's and really made smoking hash easy, you didn't need to carry around a Zippo which was bulky compared to a Bic and if you have carried a Zippo in your front pants pocket that you just filled and had it leaked fluid...not fun to the privates!

We used baby food jars to do our blonde hash, stick a tack thru the lid with the point facing into the jar. Stick a piece of hash on the tack and light it then put the jar over the top and let it fill with smoke. Tilt the jar and suck all the smoke out. I have 5 lebanese babies started now.
420-magazine-mobile1626722212.jpg

Day 28
Training finally started for Northern Lights. She's still the goofiest little plant. :)
420-magazine-mobile2129027002.jpg

I mean, she's got runty little leaves still coming in at odd times. And there are two fan leaves which seem to be growing side by side. Whatever, little plant. Do what you want.
420-magazine-mobile589451335.jpg

I'm not letting Gorilla Glue do hardly anything she wants. I'm getting creative with the pipe cleaners to hold branches and leaves down just right..

Looking Good Flower!

Take command and make "em follow...a spiral of bud sites is in your horizon!

Don't second guess the NL, that will become something great!

We used baby food jars to do our blonde hash, stick a tack thru the lid with the point facing into the jar. Stick a piece of hash on the tack and light it then put the jar over the top and let it fill with smoke. Tilt the jar and suck all the smoke out.

Will be watching Penny, and some good old Hash will be in my future in 8 weeks...should be better than the stuff back then!:cool:

This is my first run with the lebs so ill make seeds and hash from this run. Looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom