MadMoustache's Three Musketeers In Coco Grow Journal: Fall 2019

Update: Well the harvest weight for the Lemon skunk is in and weighing at just over half an oz, overall not as much as I would have liked to get from two plants but "that's the way she goes". I will have to try running some more auto-flowers in the future and see if I can do any better, but for now I think photo-period plants are best for my current set up.

Lemon Skunk:
Lemon Skunk.jpg

The Critical Purple Kush on the other hand is coming along nicely, she's developing some nice frosty nugs all over and is growing nicely. She has yet to show any purple colouration, but there are still about 5-6 weeks left to go. Now that the skunk plants have been removed from the tent you can really smell the berry/fruitiness of the CPK. This is my first fruity strain and it is absolutely unreal how tasty it smells.

bushing out of the quadline:
CPK.jpg

CPK delicious jungle:
Forest.jpg

CPK waving hello:
High_Five.jpg

Congrats on the lemon skunk, MM!
A half ounce is a half ounce, and a primo smoke too I bet?
That CPK is looking pretty exciting. Only half done but frosting up nicely :)
I have one just a week old. We’ll be watching yours intently :yummy:

Update:
It's been a while since my last update, and has been a solemn couple of weeks at that. The CPK is doing alright after what I am calling the great burn. I came into the tent one morning to find that many of the larger fan leaves had developed browning around their edges. After a lot of reading I think I've come to the conclusion that this is a potassium deficiency rather than light burn, if anyone else has a different opinion please share below. In future grows I will start to feed with a K-supplement in mid to late bloom (week 4 or 5 following flip to 12/12). This is definitely a learning process and each grow bears fruits of knowledge (along with some tasty buds).
The Burn.jpg
Potassium def.jpg

Review:
As for the lemon skunk, we are very impressed with how this turned out. It doesn't have as potent of a terpene profile as the bud from the local dispensary (not as lemony) however the smoke is smooth and the high powerful. I found it to be a nice balance between a body stone and a head high, allowing me to get stuff done around the house albeit at a nice relaxed pace. I would definitely like to grow this strain again, however next time I would probably go with photoperiod plants for my particular set up. Anyone looking for stealth and/or living in an apartment should probably avoid this strain as the skunk genetics really come out during the final weeks of flower and there is little you can do for odour control when you've got the tent open and working in the garden (incense are your friend here).

Update: well we are nearing the end of my first ever grow journal. Today was harvest day for the Critical Purple Kush, I chopped her down, trimmed off the major fan leaves and hung her out to dry in my DIY drying chamber. The plant was looking good albeit a little crispy in the fan leaves as noted previously. However; I wasn't able to drive out as much of the purple colouration as I would have liked (not without trying but it's winter and everytime I turned down the heat to try and cool down the grow room, I would find that the missus was going around behind me turning it back up so it didn't get below 25C in the tent at all).

CPK Harvest Day:
CPK_Harvest_Day.jpg
CPK_Harvest_2.jpg
CPK_Harvest_1.jpg
CPK_Drying_Chamber.jpg

The roots were looking good, and I am really happy with the overall shape and structure of this plant. The quadline technique really pulled through in this set up and I will definitely be trying this again. I've been growing out a couple of clones from this plant during the flowing stage (under a basic household light bulb) just basically keeping them alive until the tent was ready again. My plan going forward is to use one of these clones to generate a mother plant which I can then use for a steady supply of clones. Once our home supply of bud is sufficient, I'd like to use a few of these clones to do a colloidal silver feminized seed run. A seed run will hopefully allow me to preserve these genetics in a much more low maintenance package than a mother plant. So stay tuned.

CPK Rootball:

Root_Ball.jpg
Roots.jpg

:yahoo:
Congrats MadMo :high-five:
Well done getting her across the line.
These plants will probably be featured in a future journal so stay tuned for that.
.. and I will, as best I can.
Looking forward to the smoke report on this one. I’m about to top and clone the first one to come through my garden. I’m hoping she’s a keeper.
So a K supplement at the end of flower?
I had one plant running over two grows and could never get the leaves looking decent so I didn’t clone it last time out. Third time’s the charm though, right? This time her leaves are looking great. Heading for a reveg on her next :rolleyes:

Hey, since clones are the same plant you cut them from, I reckon once you’re a few grows deep and recloning each time you should be able to say “yeah, I got 87 ounces off that plant”.

:morenutes:

Final Update: It's been a few weeks since my last update and I remembered that I hadn't completed this journal yet so here it is. The Critical Purple Kush is simply divine. The flavour is fruity and the high is like submerging your body into a tub full of jam. I have been growing up a few of the clones that I took last month and working on my cloning technique so that I can reliably produce some meds around here. This spring I will try my hand at producing some feminized seeds from a few CPK clones so that I can have a more convenient supply of genetics around the house.

With that I'd like to thank you all for following along on my first grow journal. It has been a lot of fun and I am looking forward to starting on the next. You guys have been great, i've enjoyed reading your comments, sharing this grow with you and reading up on some of your grows as well.

MadMoustache365 Signing off!

Nice one, MadMo!
I’ll be diving from the low board into that tub full of jam in... how many weeks now?... I just flipped my CPK this week.
I like the way you make it sound. :)
Thanks for the journal it’s been a ride. I hope your previously insomniacal friend is still tanked on your caramels?!
Just because it’s medicine doesn’t mean it can’t be fun :p
Please tag me in your next grow with a @DonkeyDick if you remember?
Cheers!
:yummy:
(Hit the report button and ask Amadeus to shift this to ‘completed’).

Back
Top Bottom