Fox Farms Soil: Ocean Forest or Happy Frog

This is why I wrote my watering articles and my tutorials. I got tired of explaining the same things over and over again (for 11 years now), yet every week brings in more people that need to hear the concepts. I enjoy teaching what I have learned and now I can refer anyone that needs to learn the basics to my past work, but oftentimes there is a need for one on one instruction or being able to word something in just the right way for a new grower of weeds to understand a concept better. I have also learned a somewhat profound lesson in life by doing this... the more I explain my concepts to people, the better I understand them myself! The best way to master a subject is to try to teach it. Also, I know my watering tutorial will be along well after I am gone, and if something were to happen to me, the lessons are still there and able to help anyone in the future. Stick around Buds, you are one of the good ones, and we need your voice out here. Just as in growing this weed, we do our best work by being patient and staying with it for the long haul.
:cheer: :thanks::cheer:

Thanks to your help and many others my 1st grow has been very successful. It's even getting frosty in the desert

IMG_20210227_061958466.jpg

Hang around newbies like me need advise
I guess I should have stated that differently. I'm not going anywhere. Just feel like taking a break from doing journals after this one is complete & replying to all the newbie questions. I want to improve my own grows; so I want to follow a few people like @Virgin Ground , @ProfessorFlora , @Emilya , & some others for a couple months to see how they do things & what products they use. Just look at the buds they grow. All Frosty, Sticky, Gooey. I want some of that action !
Don't get me wrong; I get frosty buds. Just not where they look like solid frost like theirs.

Last year i found a bag if happy frog. I used it only until near the end and used ocean Forrest during the buding stage and a few bud additives and it was amazballs. This year I'm trying the FFOF and the HF together. Also using the fix trio. Good luck this season! Cheers

I'd almost rather pay a little more and get it in the two cubic foot bags, lol. Especially if I had to lump 27 cubic feet.

I am not what I once was, I guess ;) .

hey everyone, i'm still learning about soil and reading the bags really didnt help me out. if anyone out there has an opinion on why one of these would be better than the other, i'd really love to hear about it.

i'm confident that both are fine, im just really curious as to the differences.

thanks!
I used ocean forest first grow and it was too hot for my seedlings. I now use happy frog . But im
Looking for a recipe for
My autos using happy frog so it’s basically just a water and that’s it deal. Too many variables with feeding nutes. At least for me.

Happy frog would be perfect for seedling and clones. It has next to zero nutrient content. I mix it with my OF and a little perlite and worm castings myself. I also re-amend my soil. If you have questions about that money saving tip just ask?

Yes, I understood. I've just found that it's easier to carry a two-cubic foot bag of soil than it is to carry a three-cubic foot bag of it.

hey everyone, i'm still learning about soil and reading the bags really didnt help me out. if anyone out there has an opinion on why one of these would be better than the other, i'd really love to hear about it.

i'm confident that both are fine, im just really curious as to the differences.

thanks!
I've always used fox farm ocean with great results. Couldn't get for my last grow soused happy from. Results weren't size of plants weren't quite as good and soil didn't retain moisture as well. My fertilizing was the same. I will make sure I use ocean forest from now on. Might have just been a glitch but won't take the chance. Only thing I changed was the soil with less than desirable results.

Back
Top Bottom