Gator Uncaged

May not yet be as bad as all that, TS. Wait until Monsanto gets their invasive designer genes into life's core.
Be very afraid.

You mean the bits and pieces from three different organisms (not all plant-life, BtW) that they have spliced into their strains? The same bits that have later been found in nearby ground-dwelling animals?

Yeah, where's a good eco-terrorist when there's actually something useful for them to do?

Thing is... Monsanto isn't the only company that wants to run bank against the future of the entire biosphere that is planet Terra.

The cannabis industry has their own versions of Monsanto, you know.

The old seed-saving farmer wished to improve the breed.His version of Uncle Davy's Tomato would have been slightly different than yours or mine after a few generations of picking the best examples from 5,000 plants. But he could decide to start growing yours or mine at will (or if a disease got his crop because he'd introduced local genes that were more susceptible to it). I see that as somewhat different than what the breeders and pollen-chuckers do.

Wouldn't it suck if some widespread disease struck cannabis and everything was similar enough that the only thing which proved resistant ended up being the ditch-weed industrial hemp crosses growing along the roads in Kansas? Sure, that would only affect outdoor growers... at first.

And that's just one of the things to worry about when thinking about these things.

I've heard that more and more cannabis grown in Mexico and parts south of there are grown from seedbank genetics because they are so easy to procure and because "that's what people want" <TS Shakes his fist at "people," lol>. Tell that to someone who's stuck buying Mexibrick and he might actually think that's a good thing. Tell it to an old-timer...

And watch him cry.

Sorry for rambling in your journal. It's not the best night for me to be posting (anywhere), I fear.

Have green harvests, blue skies, clear water, and golden dreams.

Yauza paw-paw, now I wanna be :rip: from FACEMELTER. Sounds awesome
I just love the names of strains

that was my name for it, but it caught on, locally. after 3 hits it sneaks up on you. when u realize u're shitfaced, it feels like u're face is sliding down onto u're chest. it's quite allarming the 1st time. lol!

Heh. Do you hear Y&T whilst smoking it? Facemelter is the name of their most-recent album (far from their best work).

i don't know how i missed this!!

You're doing a good job in there man, I'm all about vertical grows, I just got my flower room switched over to vertical.. Things are about to take off in there, I'm already benefiting from the extra amount of light coverage, and I'll be adding another light so I'll have 2 600w HPS stacked vertically in a 5' tall space.

You're doing a good job in there man, I'm all about vertical grows, I just got my flower room switched over to vertical.. Things are about to take off in there, I'm already benefiting from the extra amount of light coverage, and I'll be adding another light so I'll have 2 600w HPS stacked vertically in a 5' tall space.

Stacked 600s? This I want to see, journal please?

Stacked 600s? This I want to see, journal please?

I will be journalling it as soon as I get everything setup.. I'm growing in a structure I built myself, it's like half a hexagonal cage, 3 levels, each side holds 3 plants, kind of like a SOG setup, vertically.. I initially wanted to run two sides, but I got lazy and haven't built it yet, and I have some bigger plants that I'm just going to turn into trees.. I like the idea of having a good sized SOG with 18 plants, then having 6-8 trees on the other side, gives variety and I can grow my 2 favorite ways.

the 600's are going to be about 12" apart so get the best light coverage in the 5' vertical space. I get fairly good coverage now, but the very top and bottom is lacking.. I like the idea of using a dimmable ballast on the lower levels, so I can dial it in to the needs of the canopy coverage.

There isn't enough vertical action on this site, so I hope to help inspire people to switch to this method, it screams indoor efficiency

I will be journalling it as soon as I get everything setup.. I'm growing in a structure I built myself, it's like half a hexagonal cage, 3 levels, each side holds 3 plants, kind of like a SOG setup, vertically.. I initially wanted to run two sides, but I got lazy and haven't built it yet, and I have some bigger plants that I'm just going to turn into trees.. I like the idea of having a good sized SOG with 18 plants, then having 6-8 trees on the other side, gives variety and I can grow my 2 favorite ways.

the 600's are going to be about 12" apart so get the best light coverage in the 5' vertical space. I get fairly good coverage now, but the very top and bottom is lacking.. I like the idea of using a dimmable ballast on the lower levels, so I can dial it in to the needs of the canopy coverage.

There isn't enough vertical action on this site, so I hope to help inspire people to switch to this method, it screams indoor efficiency

Uh, we like watching grow-rooms being built, and to feed our need you'll have to make progress to show progress. Procrastination don't get it done.
No pressure here, nyuk nyuk :popcorn:

Well Propa, I can see I'm going to have to do alitle catching up to do here. But I did see where ya was talking about retreiveing gentics and selective breeding isn't that what we all do? Man saved the fattest grass seeds and now we have corn. I never tried vertical growing, but it does make perfect sense.
Well I need to go back and read some catch up +++ Keepem Green

All traits in dogs developed and reside in the wolf genome.
Cannabis genome is bigger. Lotsa varied potential, but
Me and everyone else wants fragrant one-hit killa, growing huge yield quick.

I want an SUV that drives like a Ferrari, gets 50miles/gallon, and magically parks anywhere.

Not to derail Gator's thread or anything... but I'd like to see how you set up stacked vertical as well. I have been brainstorming that myself, but am a bit worried about melting the cord on the lower hanging light. I was going to try it with 1000's just because the circle of plants is larger so there would be more space to offset the bulbs without getting too close. I would love to see some pictures though!

I have seen a few of them ....Most will put charcoal filter on ground then this double cool tube on top.
pic222563.jpg

Double Cool Tube
Measuring 800mm x 150mm this extra long Cool Tube is ideal for situations where you need very high levels of illumination without the associated heat problems. The internal reflector can be removed for use in vertical gardens. Comes fully wired :tokin:

I will be using no enclosure but others may, IGG. Could we have a source link for that double bulb tube? We're running rare vert journals, and to help others is one of the main points.
Both my 600s will be vert within days but side by, not stacked. I want at least one bush that gets two cheeks slapped with strong light. Other plants will join it for a share of the bounty.

Cut Shorty off at the ankle, brief trim, it's all bud. Weighs 50g. Dried and cut from the stick, it'll be at least ten g primo. Only nine inches tall, Shorty shows me that PE can please in a 4 per sq' SoG, under flat bare 600 HPS $40 bulb, not overpriced Hor de Lux but I'd pay the extra $100 for a 5% increased yield. Could it be there?

Most other top buds are thicker than Shorty. I have a bumper, and will abuse my carpals for reason. Tonight was 'her' 51st, but she's done nothing obvious for a week.
Six weeks full term this size, 600 & BPN. :thanks:

Bigger in the same time is faster, but I had never seen fully ripe PE. These have closed calyxes that look a bit like a closed pinecone.
Today, I bought a case of perfect SoG containers: McConkey JMCS55 2.17 liters, that fit snuggly eight to a 1020 tray. I've had a dozen for a few years, but could never find more. Kord sucks. Soda bottles give me the blues, though Shorty did well in one. Case of 268 for $64 + $34 UPS. They recycle American water bottles, right here in America.
Factory sales rep Jason Preston may possibly speak Chinese, but not to me :)

I've been using the same mix BlueMax throughout: three gallons un-tempered tap water, 25 mils A, 40 mils B, and 10 mils Liquid Blue. That's it, fed to slight excess every day. My drip emitters finally got here, and I have pumps to choose from. With a digital timer, I'll be styling. Dreaming of automatically refilling the feed res with proportional injectors. Drain runoff directly to the sewer.

i noticed a big swell and reach today despite my malady they are all responding quit vigorously to the new solar hub , having 2 new 600 bulbs, a donated i hor dee lax and the 95,000 lumen 40 bone , i finally took delivery of today, i noticed 2 things right away, it is whiter/brighter and roasts my pink flesh less, my eyes say cheaper is better ...
the new toys on the menu sound highly useful my friend i anticipate seeing you put them in action,,i nearly forgot to mention the new socket set is equipped with a hanging hook with vert in mind ,another nudge

Hey there PG!

Really nice growing you have going on. I like the idea of a vertical grow :thumb: very nice indeed!

Keep it up and thanks for stopping by on my journal.

:peace:

Not to derail Gator's thread or anything... but I'd like to see how you set up stacked vertical as well. I have been brainstorming that myself, but am a bit worried about melting the cord on the lower hanging light. I was going to try it with 1000's just because the circle of plants is larger so there would be more space to offset the bulbs without getting too close. I would love to see some pictures though!

idealy you will want to run the cord for the top lamp above everything and then mount the lower lamp with the cord facing down to avoid this.

I haven't gotten my socket yet, but the ballast will be here today, so I must get a solid plan together and throw up a thread to show you guys what I have going on right now. :morenutes:

That makes sense, mounting the lower light to keep the cords separate. The best solutions are always the easiest, I love it. I had a feeling I was over-complicating it. The most doable thing I had come up with so far was to make a collar on the socket of the upper light to keep the lower light cord at a distance, but then the circle gets a bit wonky and it's not as stable as I'd like. Thank you, OrganicTreees!

Back
Top Bottom