Gigabane's Journal - 1st Ever Grow

Re: GiGaBaNE's Journal. 1st ever grow.

this is true. its that G said he added dirt from his garden outside.:cool:

I think G added dirt from outside. didnt want to see him bring any unwanted friends with it.:cool:

heya fellas =)

appologies here is a further zoomed out pic including the fan.

GEDC00171.JPG

the soil from outside was bone dry surface soil which i filtered using a flour seive, then baked in the oven for an hour. pretty sure its clean.

I will take a look at the cfl's i have round the house to see if any is in veg ranges. my buget was limited so i figured i would get flowering range and not have to pay for double amount of lightbulbs.

my budget for this grow is meant to be around £10 per week max outlay.

ive spent around £50 so far but hopefully i wont need to spend any more for a while.

if one of them is a female and i grab 2 clones from her and produce enough bud to tie me over to next harvest, then my budget for grow 2 'attack of the clones' will be around £30 per week =)

i have been reading up on airoponics, think im going to be heading in that direction over the next year or two.

did your homework. good for you! really think the 6500k would go far when you can afford it. cheers mate

no but when you can get one imo it will help. I think the regular bulb would just be a waste of electricity

days 21-22-23

pretty uneventful really, my girls are seemingly robust to say the least.
they have been drowned at birth, bubbled in acid(co2 water that was acidic) amputated (a main leaf had mutated from whatever nute/ph lockup problem it had so i trimmed the bad bits off) ripped roots from a heavy handed repotting and into new soil type (garden soil 30% mix)

they seem to be taking to my bottle of nutes ok, gave them half a litre each the other day and same again an hour ago (followed this with a little spay of pure h20 to remove any spillage on leaves)

and are currently being battered by wind to strengthen the stems.

I have decided to LST these ones and wondering if i should also FIM (my first time growing so am nervous about killing my only plants.)

here are todays pics.

GEDC0024.JPG

Lights rearranged to be closer to foliage.

GEDC00221.JPG

GEDC0021.JPG

Whats the deal with the bottom leaves? one plant is sprouting baby leaves at the stem but the other plant is not, anything to do with gender?

GEDC0027.JPG

These 'seed' leaves are now totally bright yellow, is this normal, do they die off as the plant grows?

GEDC0026.JPG

My leaf surgery seems to have paid off, ok this leaf may have lost its fingers, but at least its still growing and contributing to photosynth =D

GEDC0028.JPG

Hopefully this is the last look at the canopy before LSTing, such a beautiful lady considering all she has been through xxx

not sure about wind speed.but to much direct blowing can dry out the leaves. I have my fans turned away so the air is still moving the leaves but not directly on the plant itself.yes the seed leaves die off. I fened my plant when it looked like last pic you showed. then 2 week later started lst after new growth looked strong. looking good so far. im sure it wont be long before somebody else will have advice for you.happy gardening:popcorn:

They are tough plants so they can take a stiff breeze. I have my ocillating fan blowing across/just over the tops as hard as they can take,the stalk has to move, 24/7, back and forth, DON'T BLOW THEM OVER.
Too much wind will dry anything out eventually, but, I guess I've never had a fan dry out leaves.
It's the stalk that needs thickened. Think of a muscle, if it's not being worked and stressed it has no reason to react, and it will not increase in size.
And it increases air circulation in the room, would you enjoy sitting in a hot room full of stale air? Slap on a fan everything gets better.

Gigabane, the "seed leaves", a.k.a cotyledons, supply the seedling with energy and nutrients during the first week of its life. Once the root system is established and true leaves have formed, the cotyledons become obsolete and usually yellow/wither away.

In other news, oscillating fans are great. Keep those plants moving all the time - and by moving fresj air around them, you increase their CO2 supply.

OK man Ill get back to you

as far as lst goes I ve been around a bit so I got stupid stuff lying around. If you have a old chalk box or fishing reel laying around. take a bread tie and in the middle of it tie the string of the reel or box. that way you can pull it down a little at a time. if you got stuff laying arond:popcorn: am I rambilin?

as far as lst goes I ve been around a bit so I got stupid stuff lying around. If you have a old chalk box or fishing reel laying around. take a bread tie and in the middle of it tie the string of the reel or box. that way you can pull it down a little at a time. if you got stuff laying arond:popcorn: am I rambilin?

Not at all buddy, im a tinkerer, i love stuff like that. im working on something similar using macdonalds straws and steel wire (non contact with plant).

no matter how wacky, post your ideas in my thread, ill suck it up and evolve it ;)

wow, you guys got Mcdonalds too.sweet:yummy:

shhh,dont tell my wife
DSC008906.jpg

DSC008895.jpg

DSC008884.jpg

:peacetwo:

oh yeah one more
DSC008884.jpg
those were taken yesterday5/4

I told her since I didnt have any way to see if it was close to harvest, she needed to take some pics for me so I could magnafy the image.sorry I didnt get the hole plant what do you think?:cool:

Back
Top Bottom