Goldylox's First Grow 3x3 1000W LED DWC

Thanks anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome! I found them on amazon, looks like the ones I purchased are t available but they have a version 2 that has water temp probes built in as well. They are aquarium monitors. PH Monitor, RISEPRO Digital pH Thermometer Temperature Monitor With Replaceable BNC pH Probe

1666381162307.png

Thanks anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome! I found them on amazon, looks like the ones I purchased are t available but they have a version 2 that has water temp probes built in as well. They are aquarium monitors. PH Monitor, RISEPRO Digital pH Thermometer Temperature Monitor With Replaceable BNC pH Probe

Nice! The one I'm looking at seems very similar. It doesn't do temp, but does ppm and ph. I don't want to spends hundreds on the big ones right now so it seems like a fair compromise. It's nice to see someone using them here! Looking forward to seeing how things grow :)

Nice! The one I’m looking at seems very similar. It doesn’t do temp, but does ppm and ph. I don’t want to spends hundreds on the big ones right now so it seems like a fair compromise. It’s nice to see someone using them here! Looking forward to seeing how things grow :)

They seem to be working well, they stay within .1 of my hand held stick style ph meter. I calibrate them every res change and I swap the the meters sensors between the buckets half way throughout the week to make sure they are staying relatively close to each other. No complaints thus far. They have a screw dial to adjust/calibrate so a dunk in the calibration solution and a twist of a dual and it's set and ready to go, not much adjustment needed.

Subbed looking good so far
Thanks for the kind words and for following along!

They seem to be working well, they stay within .1 of my hand held stick style ph meter. I calibrate them every res change and I swap the the meters sensors between the buckets half way throughout the week to make sure they are staying relatively close to each other. No complaints thus far. They have a screw dial to adjust/calibrate so a dunk in the calibration solution and a twist of a dual and it's set and ready to go, not much adjustment needed.

Thanks for the kind words and for following along!

Awesome! Thanks for the info .. Happy growing!

Well we're getting to the end of the week, res changes coming up tomorrow. Checking in on Day 29 now. The plant on the right (they havent moved position since the beginning, nor do I intend to change that) seems to be doing phenomenal, theres 6 tops that are growing very evenly and I have yet to defoliage it at all yet. The plant on the left has 3 good tops, and a recovering broken branch that is about 1.5" shorter than the rest. Still healthy and green so I'll leave it be and hope it recovers fully.
IMG_387718.JPG

Right Plant:
IMG_386516.JPG
IMG_388023.JPG

Left Plant:
IMG_387916.JPG
IMG_381312.JPG

The roots are filling out very nicely as well, no complaints there.

IMG_389516.JPG
IMG_389313.JPG

Lastly this is a bit of a probe for knowledge and/or advice. I mentioned about the spotting on the leaves of the plant that i did the defoliation on, i finally cut them off as they werent even getting light anymore and were just straight up ugly compared to the rest of the plant. These are the 4 leaves i pulled from the 2 mains after the first topping. Grower friends said it looks like an over abundance of potassium, as a shortage wouldnt be likely @1260ppm. No other leaves on either plant have any blemishes so I'm not concerned at this time that theres a problem, just to be clear on that.
IMG_379911.JPG
IMG_379612.JPG
IMG_379715.JPG
IMG_379817.JPG
IMG_379512.JPG

As always, thanks for stopping by, happy growing!

Did u ever diagnose those leaves? Things are looking great otherwise.

I'm going to stick with the conclusion it was too much at once for it. I stripped down the plant to hardly anything, topped it twice, and tripled the nute strength on week 2 of veg. It was only the 4 leaves that were left after I topped it and did a pretty much complete defol. Thanks for the compliment!

Yesterday was res change day. I decided to add in some LST by tying off the main branches with some pipe cleaners and just bending a hook on the end and to the bucket. comes apart really easy. Pictures are from yesterday afternoon and then this morning, the center filled out so much in just 18 hours. Since i grow in a closet with minimal ventilation i run my light schedule on @2pm am and off @8am, so the warmest parts of the day is lights out and the coolest parts is when the lights are running, also less things to malfunction when I'm not home. Also scored a whole lot of 65w CFL bulbs on clearance from Lowes for 5 bucks a piece i got 3x 6500k and 1x 2700K. Also wipe wally world clean of their aquarium parts for my vegetable dwc setups. Got that setup in a spare closet with a reflector with 1 of the 65w 6500k's and 2 additional 23w 5000k standard cfl bulbs that i put my straggler that i had pretty much left for dead in to see what it can do until i get a proper separate veg area setup in that space. Picture Comparison!

Day 30:

IMG_391022.JPG
IMG_391118.JPG
IMG_391317.JPG

Day 31

IMG_393913.JPG
IMG_393813.JPG
IMG_394012.JPG

IMG_392114.JPG
IMG_393414.JPG

IMG_392713.JPG
IMG_392818.JPG

Put in some time today and rearranged the tent. got the 3rd plant in there now to join the party temporarily until i get can my other space setup. Yesterday I trimmed quite a bit of the fan leaves off the 2 larger ones, and said screw it and topped every top again. I do believe I'll be ready to put the scrog in at the end of the week at the latest.

Pretrim:
IMG_393813.JPG
IMG_393913.JPG
IMG_394012.JPG

Post trim
IMG_396918.JPG
IMG_396713.JPG
IMG_397216.JPG
IMG_397119.JPG
IMG_397314.JPG

This evening:
IMG_400614.JPG
IMG_400514.JPG
IMG_400711.JPG

Been a while since my last update. The plants are looking good, I'm maintaining the 1250ish ppm for now. Scrog net is going up later today. We're at about 1/2 way through the planned 90 day veg cycle, we'll have to see how big they get, may end up flipping a little sooner. They have been responding great to defoliation and the LST. The leaves look perfect, new growth comes back fast after trimming. Couldn't be happier with this grow. Some before and after the last trim, 18 hours between the two.
IMG_432916.JPG
IMG_433013.JPG
IMG_434219.JPG
IMG_434117.JPG

IMG_431518.JPG

So some bad news, found out the smaller of the two is a hermie, found mostly balls and only one pistil so I went ahead and removed that from the grow space and put it in the spare room for the time being. 2/3 bag seeds are female so i cant complain about that. On the 10th day of 12/12 since flip.

Hermie, shame because it was growing out so nicely too

IMG_4645.PNG
IMG_468512.JPG

IMG_464715.JPG
IMG_469913.JPG

Day 11 of 12/12
IMG_47018.JPG
IMG_472213.JPG

And what appears to be a sativa dominant hybrid, showed its hairs, disregard the burn spots on the leaves, fan blew them up into the cfl and light and burnt them
IMG_465114.JPG
IMG_470015.JPG
IMG_472312.JPG

They look good and healthy. The scrog is coming in nicely as well.

Thank you sir! just trying to emulate your techniques!

Nice pics Goldy. I really like that ph meter, I have not seen them like that before. Does it have something that stays in the water and provides a constant reading?

Thanks! I'm surprising even myself couldnt do it without the help of the community! They are aquarium ph monitors, they are rechargable so i dont have to keep them plugged in all the time too which is nice. I got it from amazon. I recalibrate it every res change so make sure it stays accurate, which it needed very little adjustment thus far. PH Monitor, RISEPRO Digital pH Monitor With Replaceable BNC pH Probe & Adapter PH990

They also have the same monitor with a water temp probe as well for $10 more

PH Monitor, RISEPRO Digital pH Thermometer Temperature Monitor With Replaceable BNC pH Probe

1666337545428.png

Back
Top Bottom