First Grow, DWC, 4x4 Tent, 1000W Light

Happy Monday guys,

We jarred Ann Perkins today and wow what a treat. Soo sticky, soo smelly, soo dense. She was half the size of Frieza and almost packed the same amount of weight. We ended up yielding 6.2oz out of her.

420-magazine-mobile1487057549.jpg

A 1 oz cola!!!
420-magazine-mobile1346457835.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2054989532.jpg

So just by coincidence we saved the biggest for last. Will be back later this week to report on Lady Beerus's weights!

Hey Sampson!

Those are some awesome results for a first grow, congrats! I'm also on my first one right now with a similar setup, except with a 600W. I also did a lot less defoliation as you, but seeing your results, I'm regretting a bit hehe. I'm guessing I'm about 3-4 weeks away from harvest, would you recommend doing some defoliation at that time? I'm interested to know your thought on the wonder woman strain, as it is the strain I'm growing.

20891269_10159090867810527_1670830295_n.jpg

Realix

Hey Sampson!

Those are some awesome results for a first grow, congrats! I'm also on my first one right now with a similar setup, except with a 600W. I also did a lot less defoliation as you, but seeing your results, I'm regretting a bit hehe. I'm guessing I'm about 3-4 weeks away from harvest, would you recommend doing some defoliation at that time? I'm interested to know your thought on the wonder woman strain, as it is the strain I'm growing.

20891269_10159090867810527_1670830295_n.jpg

Realix
Welcome realix! During veg we completely defoliated up to the growth nodes under the terminal bud every time we topped until we had 16 colas per plant. By doing that we directed all the plants energy into growing the new growth nodes instead of waisting energy keeping fan leaves alive. We kind of got awestruck at the end of veg and just really liked the bushy look so we weren't so agressive during flower. But my neighbor thinks we really would have maximized yield minimizing the fan leaves at the beginning of flower as well. I defoliated all the big leaves covering the upper canopy focusing on light exposure to every bud site about 4 or 5 weeks ago so I would say go for it!

In regards to wonder woman, my neighbor just finished her Wonder woman a few months ago in my exact setup and produced a decent yield and awesome smoke. High yields were the reason we wanted to grow this strain and if mine smokes as good as it looks I will definitely grow again.

Hi Mr. Sampson!

This is Hyena Merica. Congratulations on a great job with my little seeds.

Indeed they are frosty varieties and the two you grew were great examples. I can't wait to hear what you think of the smoke.

Thanks again...nice work! :goodjob:

Peace, Hyena

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom