First Grow - Blue Dream - 4x4 Tent - 1000W Light - DWC

Beautiful Frizz!
What do you think of a newbies defoul job????
Last pic is what was harvested Saturday in my yard grow
20161020_082715.jpg
20161020_084811.jpg
20161022_0811171.jpg
20161022_094615_1_.jpg
20161022_080943.jpg

Hey thanks for the positive feedback Dankest! I would estimate I use about 1oz/ month, the reason I want to perfect this method is so that medical patients who DO need large amounts especially for oils are able to produce enough at home from just a few plants to meet their needs without breaking the bank.

WOW. Those buds are ridiculously huge. Phenomenal work Frizz :bravo: That is a nice amount for monthly smokings. I would be living the dream if I could blaze 1oz/month. Getting there lol. Plus you're helping the general public more easily attain their dreams in a positive and friendly way. I thought I heard someone say there is a "reputation button" or something to give people +reps. Do you know anything about this? I wanna throw some your way. Either or, respect to you :)

Hi Dutchess, first off, congratz on your outdoor harvest! The buds look so nice and fuzzy with trichomes, I want to hug them! Remind me again what strain you were growing out there?

As for the defoliation, I have a question before I will be able to provide feedback. Did you leave the growth tips on the stems near the middle of the plant? I can't tell if they were "lolipoppped" completely or if the inner growth tips are just hard to see. :Namaste:

WOW. Those buds are ridiculously huge. Phenomenal work Frizz :bravo: That is a nice amount for monthly smokings. I would be living the dream if I could blaze 1oz/month. Getting there lol. Plus you're helping the general public more easily attain their dreams in a positive and friendly way. I thought I heard someone say there is a "reputation button" or something to give people +reps. Do you know anything about this? I wanna throw some your way. Either or, respect to you :)

Hehe thanks, I might have to order some plant yoyos soon to hold up the biggest buds! Well after your harvest at least you will be able to blaze 1oz/mo or however much you want! Woohoo :cheer:

Also, thank you for your compliments about helping the community and rep. That means a lot to me, especially being a teacher :love:I also have no idea where the +rep button is, mebbe one of our forum vets could point it out? :laughtwo:

Howdy folks, this is Day 47 (almost end of week 6) of flowering. I added a dehumidifier today, and will leave it in the tent for the rest of the grow. Keeping RH around 30% in late flower is supposed to improve trichome production and also help prevent bud rot. The pH and water temps across the buckets is ~5.7 and 74 degrees F. RH ranges from 45-55% throughout the day, and air temps range from 68-84 degrees F.

Overall the plants/buds look happy, but there is a strange greyish tint starting to appear on the upper-most leaves on the front left plant. I am guessing that it is a late-flower phenotype expression specific to that plant, because the growing conditions are consistent across all 4 plants and not a single leaf from any of the other plants is showing it. I could be wrong though, and it might be a deficiency of some kind. What do you guys think? The color is only present on the upper leaves of each cola.

Natural leaf color change, or deficiency?
Week_6_flowering_038.jpg

Week_6_flowering_031.jpg

In other news, the buds overall continue to fatten up nicely, and it looks like about 30-50% of the pistils have darkened and curled inwards. Maybe harvest will be a bit sooner than expected :slide:

Big picture shot, the front left plant is the one with the strange colors on the leaves
Week_6_flowering_036.jpg

#baseballbats, keep these colas away from Glenn! Too soon?
Week_6_flowering_030.jpg

Shot from the side flap, showing the back left plant in the foreground, and Derpy in the background
Week_6_flowering_032.jpg

Same bud from the back left plant that I took a close up of last week
Week_6_flowering_034.jpg

Other misc bud shots
Week_6_flowering_035.jpg

Week_6_flowering_037.jpg

Diagonal overhead shot
Week_6_flowering_033.jpg

Anyways, please chime in if you have an idea about the leaf coloring on the front left plant, and as always, any other questions, comments, or feedback are welcome!

:thanks:
:Namaste:

Hi Dutchess, first off, congratz on your outdoor harvest! The buds look so nice and fuzzy with trichomes, I want to hug them! Remind me again what strain you were growing out there?

As for the defoliation, I have a question before I will be able to provide feedback. Did you leave the growth tips on the stems near the middle of the plant? I can't tell if they were "lolipoppped" completely or if the inner growth tips are just hard to see. :Namaste:

When I defoiled I tried to concentrate on removing just the fan leafs from the middle and bottom. To get the middle light. Im thinking kinda like a clone, leave leafs on top. I might of took some inner growth but not all. Thats next, im thinking another week I will lollypop them. They are in day 30 of flower. Thanks Frizz! Im busy trimming all that outdoor!!!! What fun!!!! Namaste

Frizz what day of flower do you scrogg them? I think its too late at day 30? Im thinking you need to scrogg them before stretch??? I like the rink a dink string I put up in July with my yard grow because it helped lots in Oct. holding buds.
Nice set up Frizz. Those buds are as good as it gets!
Namaste

Frizz what day of flower do you scrogg them? I think its too late at day 30? Im thinking you need to scrogg them before stretch??? I like the rink a dink string I put up in July with my yard grow because it helped lots in Oct. holding buds.
Nice set up Frizz. Those buds are as good as it gets!
Namaste

Hiya Dutchess! Thanks for the comments on the buds, I am pretty excited too! As far as scrogging and other string supports go, you are correct. Most growers have the plants partially trained into the net already before you flip to flower. Then during weeks 1-3 of flowering stretch you can weave the new flexible growth through the screen until the desired structure/shape is achieved. However, you can still modify the shape of your plant by gently bending, separating and tying branches even 30 days into flower. This is a good idea to do every week or two anyways, to make sure your buds are all exposed to light.

Natural leaf color change, or deficiency?

Can't tell by pic with your lights on, but mine kinda looked like that while they were turning purple (started in between veins like that).
0023039.JPG

And then progressed from there:
0091718.JPG

0013138.JPG

Thanks Urban, that is just what I was looking for! The color looks very similar to your images. This makes me happy that at least one of my 4 plants has the "purple gene" :thumb:

Yeah i have a thing for purple buds, which makes a real bias when deciding at the Dispensary ;).....that was a Deep Purple clone I picked up at a dispensary, wish I would have cloned it but hadn't figured all that out yet as my first grow and all.
Dried bud pic:
rsz_00124.jpg

Very nice! I looked back through your grow journal, that plate full of purple buds looked goooood! Looks similar to some Black Cherry Soda we picked up the other day. It's almost like it "smells purple" if a color could be a smell...:grinjoint:

Very nice! I looked back through your grow journal, that plate full of purple buds looked goooood! Looks similar to some Black Cherry Soda we picked up the other day. It's almost like it "smells purple" if a color could be a smell...:grinjoint:

Yes it has that fruity grape kind of smell like the Black Cherry Soda or the Black Cherry Cheesecake, love both of those along with Cherry Pie and Grand Daddy Purple, but haven't found clones or seeds for any of those around here. The Deep Purple was cross between Purple Urkle and Querkle according to Dispensary I got clone from, only cured for two weeks now so I"m trying to save some to see if it gets better after a month or longer ;) so far I'm saving some of it lol

Urban, they look as good as it gets and your first grow???? Congratulations!

Only got about 18 g dried off of it and about 20 g on the Dairy Queen, but yeah considering I put them into shock and tried to kill them I"m more than happy for my first "rodeo". Pic just prior to harvesting, loved all the purple:
0032884.JPG

Back
Top Bottom