Ruhaa

So I have decided to bud out my mother plant that are in DWC. I have a Querkle and Blue Dream. I have started the Querkle first its been in budding for almost 2 week now. After the streching is done I'll stripe the fan leaves off. And if it get tall I.m going to crop it. I have been doing this way for awhile now just training this one. In a few weeks I'll put the Blue Dream in budding. Plus I'll do the same to it to.

I have been doing alot of read on some post here on Defoiled&cropping. So I'm giving it a try.

Lights: Veg, 12bulb t5
Blooming, 1000watt HPS

Container: 5 gallon bucket with 6inch potted lids.

Nutrients: Blue Plant, PartA&B Vitablue,Liqued Seaweed,Calmag,Early Bloom,Liqued Blue, K-Bud, Big Bud (AN),Bud Candy(AN), Bud Igniter(AN),OverDrive(AN),Final Phase(AN)

Room size: 5x5

Medium: Water, 4 Gallons per 5 gallon bucket

Tools: PPM tester, PH tester

With this grow I would like to see if I can achive more with less plant. I'm hopeing that 5x5 will fit 2 plants. And so I'll be defoiling after the strech and around 45 days or so.

I would like your thoughts and opinion or advice. :thanks:

Here the Querkle almost 2 weeks in
P10008353.JPG

Here one thats almost done. The one on right is the mother i'm thinking of defoiling it here in a few days. Any opinions on this.
P10008341.JPG

This is the Blue Dream it still in the veg room
P10008331.JPG
P1000832.JPG

When I harvest the rest of my plant I'll create my room. I'm alos trying to keep down the power bill due to coold weather. I'll be wraping my room with more trap. plus I'll have a 1500watt heater the totle room size is 5x10 that is going to be split. for veg. I hope this all works out if not I'll have to wait until next spring.

Re: Querkle and Blue Dream

You could but if those are going to be mothers I would leave alone to get a taller. Trimming the fan leave will stunt the growth. By doing it at the right time you can kinda control the height. What you can do is crop them. That means bend them down to get more light tho the plant and the will make for more cutting, plus when you want to bud it out there will be more bud sites.

I'm no expert on this tpye of ggrom.I just did alot of reading on it (Bassmans BPN, RDWC, High Defoliation. strips his girls Master Kush grow #2. It just time for these girls to go on with something new. If this type of grow work with great results I'll be able to grow less and get more. But i think to my self that I might of had my room over crowded.

Good luck with it they do look healthy.

So i have decieded to strip the fan leave today the bud have formed. But I'll do alittle reading first before striping it. I know I'll have to leave a few on for the new bud sites.

Here is a photo of today.
Mother10.JPG

Of the bud sites.
sites.JPG

This one is almost done.
Querkle.JPG

This one is only 18inchs tall and same around. The mother is 2feet tall and same around.I'll post pix after the strip. Ijust hope I doning this correctly. I have been writing everthing down from the amount of nuts to days in trimmimg room temp and humitdy to outside temps.
I konw "ll have to make adjustments to my grow and hope to fine tune this method better the more i do it. But that what make this fun for me is the learning and understanding the plant and how it grow.

I'm open ears for anything anyone has to say.

looking real good . how much do u estimate dried weight? thanks for info. i think i will get about 10 clones off of each and then flower mom. or do u think i should just wait on clones????????????????. on regualar bag seeds .i have a 100% rooting succes,now the kush might be a diff. . hope not!!! have 4 clones ,2 from each. 5 das ago .green light rooting harmone. also used for germination of "mk"
slows verticle growth and promotes root development,atleast for my lil grow. i like em shorty and bushy!!

Nor sure. Its a litte guy tho IMO. For these 2 plant for what there going to go tho might be hell for them , but at lease I'll learn more and when to cut or trim.at the right times or stages. I just runnning with it. It might take longer but I hope the end result will be good. If not I got others. Thats why I'm only doing 1 plant this way.

Here's what it look like trimed up. I think that more could come off. but as the buds rippen I'll trim.
trimed_m.JPG

I also trimmed my Blue Dream.
P10008331.JPG

Here is a pix of the Querkle thats almost done
Querkle.JPG
P10008361.JPG

Got 38g off that little plant. Thats dry weight. So the mother Querkle should produce alot more and I'm going to trim it the same way to. The Blue Dream will be a little different cause this is the first I had tryed this type of trimming to this strain. So far I think it will be good.

try scroging. lot of space in your garden and alot of blank area on your plant. read up on it. and trim less then ya did. you dont have to take a whole leaf off to bring light in sometimes just a few blades. but training them and scroging them then tieing up the weight off the stem would of easily doulble your yeild and bud size. i have 12 by 24 inch labs with a total height of 24 inches and i get 2.5 to 4 oz of super dry manicured bud. and all i do in them is scrog and tie up the weight. i have 4 small labs like that. all useing cfl . in hydro small circ fan. [supercloset] i use a phototron for the mother ship and a drip system for the main crops. a cloner/cuting dome and a bucket areator. thats all i do indoor and outdoor i trelus the plants for a full season. and grow 5 to 7 plants outside. i get pounds of weed per year . i get a 3oz average from each lab[x4] a 7 oz average out of the phototron [x1]and 3 pound average out of the old main system [have a new one now.] and about 2 to 6 pounds outdoors. and my overall cubic feet per dry weight bud is way more then most everyone beleaves. i get 3 to 4 crops from the labs 2 crops from the mother plus clones. and 3 crops from the main. and 1 season from the outdoor. i scrog.sog and trelus all the time. only let go natural if studying a new strain. my entire electrical signature is less then a 400watt system ...... my profile pic is just one plant and in the background you can see the othe end of the trelus. that plant gave me 14 oz of top main bud. i didnt even record the side buds as they were 5 times more then the year i when i studied the strain in natural conditions. . please dont think i am disrespecting your grow i know you can get a hell of alot more killer buds in the same amount of time. in your space.

this is more a trial and error,now when clones are older and ready for 12/12 it will be a whole diff. story:thumb:
i put a screen up today. here are a few pics.and does any one think little shoots will stretch to the screen.thanks any and all advise is appreciated.

Nice plants!! ya this all trial and error. my self. I cant wait to see how this turns out.

So I have measure the Blue Dream. Its 36"x36". A little bigger then I wanted but this was a mother plant so I might be trimming a little more off her and getting rid of a few branches. There should be enough veg that it shouldn't hurt the plant or really stunt it.

Back
Top Bottom