Grow Journal Blue Dream

I'm going to take one down tonight leave the rest and see how the smoke eventually comes out. I mm hesitant because I'm such a noob at looking at these trichs

420-magazine-mobile1960007593.jpg
my sandal for reference

My buds hung for a day but drastically lost size and moisture. They've bee in paper bags but are always dry to the touch and when I squeeze have some bounce but no sticky residue; is it time to jar and begin curing?

Typically I hang for about 7 to 10 days, what I look for is the small stems snap when bending in half, at this point the trimmed sugar leafs that are still part of the bud will feel very crunchy and dry. If you don't dry enough then you will end up with buds that smell like wet grass and possible mold. When you first put in jars be sure to open every day and shake around to get fresh air in or even take out of jars completely for a few hours at a time each day.
This method has worked best for me, my first harvest I ruined because I put in jars too soon

I have then in jars now but that's because like I said they feel so dry in the outside but I've had that grassy smell before I'm trying to avoid it I might dump it back into paper bags for another day or so

They've been in jars and when I burped just minutes ago it had an almost sweet but earthy smell. I don't know what ammonia smells like and I've heard that the "smell" you want to look out for

Any reason a plant may herm deep into flower? It's 9 or ten weeks now for my blue dream and I noticed two make flowers on one of the plants. 20 minutes now I can't find another but I'm pretty sure it was the make flower so I don't want to take any chances. Any reason why this might happen? I've been flushing, I was hoping to wait until more hairs were amber as these are only half cloudy

Could I have waited to long? Maybe what I think are regular trichomes maybe are cloudy and amber and I can't tell and it's past, I've heard of plants going herm if you wait to long but then again just something someone said

Recently I have started watering with a bottle sprayer 3 times a week instead of a gallon at once. They suck up fresh water every few days same way. It seems to be letting them do better grow more etc

I'd agree then because everything is fine and it's the sane batch of seeds that herm before luckily I found it early I just went and chopped her down

My last dry went so fast I'm trying to get it right this time. They are hanging in the dark in temps about 75 and humidity 58, already seeing better results as my last dry dried literally overnight. Very sticky buds still here so that's good

Blue dream 9 weeks in now, not seeing many amber I'm starting to think it's just me or I need a better tool. But once I I have the space I think I'll be harvesting
420-magazine-mobile1481605973.jpg
420-magazine-mobile449917802.jpg

Back
Top Bottom