Double Vision's Blue Dream Monster Plant - 3x3x7 - 600W HPS/MH

Congrats on the harvest DV!
Have some +reps.

Thanks stage. Unfortunately these kush plants are very low yielders and I'll be lucky to get anything more than 42 grams from her. She is definitely a top shelf indica, quality>quantity when growing kush. The blue dream on the other hand, I have very high hopes for she is going to be quality and quantity :circle-of-love:

Dried on the rack for 5 days trimmed de-stemed, Jared and ready to smoke ! 54.9 grams is a record for a single private reserve for me :)
20151004_093033.jpg

Woo hoo!
Tell me....how does she smell?
Doin the nugget harvest dance!:slide:

The pr has a faint citrus smell followed by the diesel fuelish aroma many of us love :). It smells alot like skywalker og if you ever had any of that. It will smell stronger after it cures for a while.

The pr has a faint citrus smell followed by the diesel fuelish aroma many of us love :). It smells alot like skywalker og if you ever had any of that. It will smell stronger after it cures for a while.

DV,
How long will you cure her? What's your process?
Or do you just smoke em young?:thedoubletake:

DV,
How long will you cure her? What's your process?
Or do you just smoke em young?:thedoubletake:

Iv run out of my last harvest so I'll let her cure and smoke on her till she is gone and let the other 3 cure while I smoke on that one. I got one more pr, a gsc and the king coming down in a few days.

Iv run out of my last harvest so I'll let her cure and smoke on her till she is gone and let the other 3 cure while I smoke on that one. I got one more pr, a gsc and the king coming down in a few days.

What tha??:thedoubletake:
Yo DV,
You got me cracking up over here and I ain't toking right now. :rofl:
I meant do you cure in a jar? a bag? a humidor? lol...
And how LONG do you do this?:ganjamon:

What tha??:thedoubletake:
Yo DV,
You got me cracking up over here and I ain't toking right now. :rofl:
And how LONG do you do this?:ganjamon:

Haha oh, little medicated sorry haha. I split it into 3 jars for good airflow and I shake the jars around every 3 to 4 hours and leave them open for 10 mins. After that I just close the jars and do it again in a few hours.

Haha oh, little medicated sorry haha. I split it into 3 jars for good airflow and I shake the jars around every 3 to 4 hours and leave them open for 10 mins. After that I just close the jars and do it again in a few hours.

DV,
And how LONG do you do this?
You ARE still medicated evidently, cause you totally didn't answer the question.
It's ok tho. Enjoy my friend. Gonna leave you to it and check back later.

Them meds dude....them meddss dude! :rofl:

DV,
And how LONG do you do this?
You ARE still medicated evidently, cause you totally didn't answer the question.
It's ok tho. Enjoy my friend. Gonna leave you to it and check back later.

Them meds dude....them meddss dude! :rofl:
You must be too because i answered each question. In jars until this pr runs out then I smoke the others. 50 grams so maybe a month and a half?

I hang dry for 3-7 days depending on humidity and how big the buds are. Until they are barely dry on the outside. Then, long before the stems snap I paper bag them, still on the stems. Several days of closed bag/open bag/buds on tray. I'm keeping the moisture even and drawing it out slow. Hard to explain when but there is a point when I snip the buds from the stems and jar them. When they go in the jars I shoot for seeing less than 70% RH if the sit in the jars a couple hours. If the RH shoots up over 70% they need more time in the open/closed paper bag. I burp 3-4 times a day (anywhere from a quick burp to being open top for a couple hours) for a week, then 1-2 times daily for a week, then once every couple days. Generally by week 3 (after chop) the RH in the closed jars is pretty stable at around 62%. After a month I'll open them for a few minutes once a week. After 3 months I store in jars with Boveda 62% packs.

I hang dry for 3-7 days depending on humidity and how big the buds are. Until they are barely dry on the outside. Then, long before the stems snap I paper bag them, still on the stems. Several days of closed bag/open bag/buds on tray. I'm keeping the moisture even and drawing it out slow. Hard to explain when but there is a point when I snip the buds from the stems and jar them. When they go in the jars I shoot for seeing less than 70% RH if the sit in the jars a couple hours. If the RH shoots up over 70% they need more time in the open/closed paper bag. I burp 3-4 times a day (anywhere from a quick burp to being open top for a couple hours) for a week, then 1-2 times daily for a week, then once every couple days. Generally by week 3 (after chop) the RH in the closed jars is pretty stable at around 62%. After a month I'll open them for a few minutes once a week. After 3 months I store in jars with Boveda 62% packs.
Very detailed Heirloom thanks for sharing. This is only my 3rd harvest so I still haven't mastered my curing process thst well yet haha. I am just happy to have some nearly free bud to smoke on. I may try your method and a few others to see what fits me best :) thanks for the info

Anything you would like to share about curing I would love to hear. Like I was saying to heirloom, I don't have much experience in that field. I got a green thumb haha but the curing I just do what I read about having lack of experience.

You'll know it when you get it right. I stopped hanging the buds until the stems snapped because I felt the exterior dried too much too soon and was creating a harsher smoke. I switched focus on drying them as slow as possible, keeping the exterior from getting too crispy at any stage. It's a careful balancing act so you don't grow mold, but IMHO the slower the dry and cure, the better.

When I grew Meds in Cali I never let a single gram go before 2 months in the jar. Sometimes 3 months. Patience is a bitch.

DV,
Now you talking my dude. :high-five:
Read this How To Cure Your Marijuana Crop
Then lets discuss.:passitleft:

Sweet, thanks for the link stage. That box method looks interesting and I'll probably try that along with heirloom's and a few others. I want to make sure I cure the blue dream right.

You'll know it when you get it right. I stopped hanging the buds until the stems snapped because I felt the exterior dried too much too soon and was creating a harsher smoke. I switched focus on drying them as slow as possible, keeping the exterior from getting too crispy at any stage. It's a careful balancing act so you don't grow mold, but IMHO the slower the dry and cure, the better.

When I grew Meds in Cali I never let a single gram go before 2 months in the jar. Sometimes 3 months. Patience is a bitch.
I know what you mean about patients. I will definitely be patient with the blue dream, I have another harvest shortly before her planed date so I will be in no rush.

:thumb:Thanks both of you for your input I really appreciate all the info I have learned from you guys and 420 mag in general.:thanks:

I just hit the order button on some Humboldt Seed Org Blue Dream.

:thumb:
Speaking of the blue dream, she is a mighty jealous strain and this is her thread ! That pr... trying to steal all the attention. Just the other day I was saying how nice Selma was looking and how branchy she was and then patty went and showed me she can look just as nice!

Update: day 24 veg
Temps: 76-84°f
Humidity: 55%
Ph of water use: 6.5

I flushed both patty and selma yesterday. Continued the lst and supper cropping. They are starting to bush out very nice and I am glad they will have their own tent and veg light in 4 days. Here are the pics of the jealous twins.
selma
20151004_193700.jpg

patty wants to be flowered... well see.

20151004_193737.jpg

the twins.
20151004_193852.jpg

Back
Top Bottom