Double Visions - Indoor- 400W HPS - 3x3x7 - OG 18 - Skywalker OG - Blue Dream

Update day 13 flowering: Did nothing but move fan leaves that were blocking some baby buds.

Todays temps
20150402_033834.jpg

The girls
20150402_034336.jpg

Baby buds
20150402_034746.jpg
20150402_034608.jpg

Update day 14 flowering: We are 2 weeks into our 9 weeks. 7 to go these things are almost reaching 3 feet. The skywalker seems to be a little shorter than the PR og 18. I found a way to even the canopy without causing any stress to the baby buds. I moved a few fan leaves to the side and trimmed off a few bud blockers. that's all for week 2 of flowering !
Todays temps
20150403_040207.jpg

My amazing idea to get the skywalker the same size as the og 18.
20150403_035213.jpg

the girls
20150403_035326.jpg
20150403_035350.jpg

Baby buds
20150403_035424.jpg

they're coming along real nice, good job my friend :thumb:

Update day 16 flowering: The medium looked a little dry yesterday so i waited till lights on today and fed them. full dose of flowering nutrients. Technaflora seems to be doing well, it is mainly for hydroponics but i was told it works in soilless medium like i use. I have had no problems with chemical burns or any nutrient deficiency... just follow the recipe, 3 tsp BC boost 3-0-2 , 3 tsp BC bloom 1-4-7, 1/2 tsp Awesome Blossom 2-11-11, 1/2 tsp Thrive alive b1 1-1-1, 1/2 tsp Magical 2-0-0 and 2 and 1/2 tsp sugar daddy 0-0-0 per gallon of water. Thought id share what i use in flowering as i did not do it in the last feeding update. Moved a few bud blockers, i have not had to trim any fan leaves yet but i will if i cant unblock the bud. My room is starting to smell like skunk, i'm thinking of putting my filter up but i smoke in my house anyways and it always smells like weed in here, so i feel its not worth it. picture time!
Todays temps.
20150405_054156.jpg

side shot
20150405_054230.jpg

baby buds
20150405_054302.jpg
20150405_054348.jpg
20150405_054440.jpg
20150405_054242.jpg

opening up real nice :thumb:

Update day 18 flowering: Nothing much to report today. There were two huge branches in the back right and the front left that were not getting much light so i tide them together using their force to pull each other to the light. You can see the string in the pics
this mornings temps were a bit cold so i turned on my pc HAHA cheap heater. got to 75 in like 30 mins
20150407_094901.jpg

the girls
20150407_031502.jpg
20150407_031528.jpg
20150407_031605.jpg
20150407_031743.jpg

nice clean canopy, you've got a great setup there my friend.

the stretch was real, it looks like it has stopped tho, about time too. Them fat colas are gonna start forming soon

good luck on the defol too looks real clean in there. overall healthy happy plants

:Namaste:

Looking good my friend no better way to start than by starting small and using a 400 watt hps to learn with. Looks like you are learning quickly so I'm gonna give you a little peice of advice on the strains your growing as I also have these same strains and have had for awhile. First as you have noticed is that the og 18 is a bit taller and has very long branching. This strain is some top shelf quality bud but does not yeild very well at all. You will see close to finish that she is mainly top nugs but like I said she is top shelf quality so don't be fully dissapoited if she does not give you as much as you hope. I am aware that strains take different traits from there parents so I am hoping for your sake that she is a nice producer. I have grown through numerous og18 seeds and my end result has been that she stays about the same. Also I have noticed that the og18 like a little bit of extra calmag once in awhile if you start to see discolored leaves. As for the Skywalker she will stay a little more shorter and bushier. She will grow very nice top colas and will almost have the same smell and taste as the og 18. Both of these strains are top shelf in my book. I will be subscribing to see how your turnout is and I wish you the best of luck. Stay positive no matter the outcome because you will keep learning and getting better the more you grow. best of luck my friend

Looking good my friend no better way to start than by starting small and using a 400 watt hps to learn with. Looks like you are learning quickly so I'm gonna give you a little peice of advice on the strains your growing as I also have these same strains and have had for awhile. First as you have noticed is that the og 18 is a bit taller and has very long branching. This strain is some top shelf quality bud but does not yeild very well at all. You will see close to finish that she is mainly top nugs but like I said she is top shelf quality so don't be fully dissapoited if she does not give you as much as you hope. I am aware that strains take different traits from there parents so I am hoping for your sake that she is a nice producer. I have grown through numerous og18 seeds and my end result has been that she stays about the same. Also I have noticed that the og18 like a little bit of extra calmag once in awhile if you start to see discolored leaves. As for the Skywalker she will stay a little more shorter and bushier. She will grow very nice top colas and will almost have the same smell and taste as the og 18. Both of these strains are top shelf in my book. I will be subscribing to see how your turnout is and I wish you the best of luck. Stay positive no matter the outcome because you will keep learning and getting better the more you grow. best of luck my friend

thanks alot for stopping by, I have not found much info at all on these two strains so I thank you for the calmag tip and everything else. Your are right about the og being a stretcher and skywalker Being shorter. Iv had them even like 4 days ago but the 18 won't stop growing haha. As for yield this is my first quality set up and it is just a test run but I would be happy with 1 and a half or 2 Oz per. I hear the magic number is 1g per watt for pros. So I am hoping for half that at least :). BTW how long did you veg and how much did you get off of each og 18 and skywalker?

I've ran the og18 in hydroponics and promix and I usually will veg for about 4 weeks. She stretches the most in the first 3 weeks of bloom and then she starts to thicken up. She will give you a very strong fuel sour smell and taste. My personal best yeild on her is 5 ozs on one plant but she was vegged for a bit longer. And as for the gram a watt don't believe that. I run 4 1000 watt hps lights and I get a lb and a half a light. A gram a watt would mean I supposed to get over 2 lbs per light and that would be amazing. I'm not saying it can't be done but I promise you that you would have to search for that big yielding strain for awhile before you hit that mark. Even most professionals don't get a gram a watt so that shows how much work it takes. Your plants are looking buetiful and I would say your gonna be very happy with the quality of your bud. Not sure on how big your space is to work with but upgrading to a 1000 watt light would significantly improve your yeild and your bud density next grow if that's a option. If not keep doing what your doing because your just going to keep improving. I'll keep checking back to see how you do or if you have any questions feel free to ask

Sweet, thanks alot for all the info swisher. I was going to run these two next time again but I was going to veg my skywalker a week longer than the 18 maybe it will give it that little extra height to keep up. As for the 1000 watt light, I have a 3x3x7 I think that may be too small for A 1000 watt, as for heat issue I can take care of thst as I'd get a air cooled one and I have my exhaust going straight outside. If I can put a 1000 watt in a 3x3x7 I will definitely upgrade within the next 2 runs. If not I'll probably get the 600 watt. the ballast I have now has a "supercharge" option . It claims to put out 10% more lumens. I'll be using this option in the last 3 weeks to make those nugs as fat as I can.

Update day 19 flowering: still had a little more growth from both the 18 and skywalker. iv been moving the light up about an inch or 2 every day for the past week or so. I was snooping around on 420brothers grow and they were talking about defoliating during flowering will bring larger yield! So i did just a little, there were a lot of buds that were being blocked by fan leaves and a lot of spots where leaves were clumped up so i trimmed a little and notice a lot more light getting to the rest of the lower bud sites.
todays temps
20150408_112558.jpg

what i trimmed off the skywalker
20150408_034712.jpg

what i trimmed off the 18. you can see the wrinkles on the leaves where it was clumped
20150408_034855.jpg

Bud shots.
20150408_034232.jpg

20150408_034417.jpg
20150408_034333.jpg
20150408_034313.jpg
20150408_034250.jpg

thats good stuff :thumb:

you gonna notice significant growth even from the next day

thats good stuff :thumb:

you gonna notice significant growth even from the next day
We will see tonight when I get home, I did notice alot more light reaching those lower buds. Although they are not my focus, if they are going to be there they may as well get some extra light :) I think I may be do for a flush today too, normally Iv been watering every 3-4 days. I'll have to check, if anything is worth updating I will have that up tomorrow morning. Also I found a place that does lab testing, they test for mold, parasites, pestsaside, cbd, thc and a few other things. All i neee is my id, rec, a gram of each plant I want to test and the fee. I will be posting a copy of my lab results along with the yield update. Does anyone ever get their grow tested just for personal reffrance? I feel this would be a great way to compare product if you are planning on growing the same strains a few times.

i took the scissors to the lower buds aswell snipped a ton. Next day my upper buds were getting bigger :thumb:

you can get it tested nothing wrong with that, more data to work with in the future

i took the scissors to the lower buds aswell snipped a ton. Next day my upper buds were getting bigger :thumb:

you can get it tested nothing wrong with that, more data to work with in the future

I lolipoped last week but I just cut some upper fan leaves off thst were blocking and clumping this time,. As for the testing I know it's ok to do lol I was just wondering if anyone else does it and what % thc they get :)
Update day 20 flowering: a few of the 18 were nearly touching the light when I got home last night, I had to move the light up a good 6 or 7 inches I noticed a little light burns on some of the top fan leaves, I don't get home until 7 hours after the lights turn on so when they grow over night I can't adjust the light until 7 hours later. I was right about needing to flush today, the medium was just reaching the point where I'd normally water it. That's pretty much it for today. I'll take pics tomorrow for the week 3 flowering update

Update day 26 flowering: okey i know i said id put week 3 updates up, but there was really nothing to update. Since then iv had to move the light up again a good 4-5 inches. that og 18 does not want to stop growing!!! I did my 2nd flush last night so the next watering will be a feed. Thats pretty much it for day 26. got some good looking colas forming and i cant wait to see them thicken up. Happy growing everyone!!! sorry about the delayed update iv been a little busy.
todays temp
20150415_102929.jpg

The girls
20150415_032551.jpg
20150415_032533.jpg
20150415_032452.jpg
20150415_032413.jpg

Back
Top Bottom