Double Vision's Blue Dream Monster Plant - 3x3x7 - 600W HPS/MH

Nice setup. I am jealous of you scrog cats. :smokin:
Thanks stage. I am jealous of that monster you got lurking in your closet :) 2x 10 foot pvc pipe "1/2" for the legs and frame (cutting station in store) you just need measurements. 4x 3 way corner pieces, you will need 4x 1/2 connectors with screws these will attach the legged to the frame and some kite string. :thumb: you will have a total of 8 cut pvc pipes if you did it right, 4 for the frame and 4 for the legs. You will need more pipe for a larger area than 3x3
20150913_122913.jpg
20151010_111832.jpg

Hahaha DV, your bed looks like mine. More often an indoor garden bench than a bed.

:laughtwo:

haha yea.. I live in a small apartment and not much room to do what I need. Luckily that's a spare room I use for my medium and supplys that are not being used. I don't think the girlfriend would like sleeping with perlite and peat moss :p I do normally have to vacuum after tho :)...

Thanks OD and cy. Anyone can grow blue dream, those plants you got cy are one of a kind :thumb:. I hope I do not disappoint you guys :) have a good day 420mag!

Update: day 33 veg
Temps:83-88°F this Indian summer is killing my electric bill! 102 out again today.
Humidity: 52%

I lowered the light to about 15 inches away from the top of the net. I still have my 600w mh set to 300, I will let the plants settle in with the light being closer and monitor temps before upping it to 450. My mother plants are loving this light and they are going to be sad when I put them back under the cfl. I was planning on buying a new veg light. Maybe a 4 ft 2-4 bulb t5 or t8 fixture. (T5 is 5% more efficient, t8 is allot cheaper) I may go with the t8. Anyways here are the pics I took today. did a little tucking and spreading and that's about it.
20151014_035931.jpg
20151014_040016.jpg

The ladies are good and happy. I like that you are being conservative with your lighting intensity. I step up the intensity incrementally also.

The ladies are good and happy. I like that you are being conservative with your lighting intensity. I step up the intensity incrementally also.

Great minds think alike!:thumb:

Thanks OD and cy. Anyone can grow blue dream, those plants you got cy are one of a kind :thumb:. I hope I do not disappoint you guys :) have a good day 420mag![/QUOTE]

DV! I like your style man. Tell you what. You make that trek up HWY5, bring a couple doobs, and I'll kick you a few beans. Can't guarantee females, but I can guarantee strong genetics to start your strain.

[QUOTE\]DV! I like your style man. Tell you what. You make that trek up HWY5, bring a couple doobs, and I'll kick you a few beans. Can't guarantee females, but I can guarantee strong genetics to start your strain.[/QUOTE]

I may have to take you up on that offer some time in the near future. :thanks:

Looking good brother!

In other BD news my bean opened over nite. :slide: Stubborn bastard took 3 days and a couple drops of BioAg Ful-Power diluted 1:100.

Awesome news:cheer:! Can't wait to see how they turn out. If you don't journal them feel free to drop pics in here any time :thumb:

Update: day 37 veg
Temps:77-84°f finally cooling down here.
Humidity: 61%
Ph of water used: 6.5
I watered patty 2 days ago with just ph adjusted water. She will get a full dose of nutrients with the next watering. Lots of new growth, branches are popping up everywhere. I turned the mh up to 450w. The temps did not change much. Light is still about 13-15 inches away from top of the net. Here are the pics, enjoy!
20151018_072412.jpg
20151018_072756.jpg
20151018_072832.jpg

Hey DV, couple questions for you. First, when the plants start growing through the screen, is it ready to flower? Second, is there any growth that doesn't reach the screen? And if so, do you cut it off?

DV can answer for himself, but I will add what I do.

I like the double scrog method with a hard immoveable screen on bottom and a lighter support screen (like DVs) 10-12" (or more) higher. I train the plant under the lower screen until I have enough shoots to fill it, then let all the shoots grow up, evenly, at least a few inches, maybe more depending on strain. Then I flip to 12/12. All of the shoots are even and should finish growing and stretching roughly even. They grow up through the second support screen and won't fall over from the weight.

Any bud sites below the lower screen are removed. Basically your making lots of smaller colas.

:thumb:

Hey DV, couple questions for you. First, when the plants start growing through the screen, is it ready to flower? Second, is there any growth that doesn't reach the screen? And if so, do you cut it off?

I am going to fill the screen 85% in veg. Once the screen is full enough I will flip the switch to 12/12 and use the stretch to fill in the remaining 15% of the net. After the 2 week stretch anything that did not make it above the net will get cut "lolipoped". Thanks for stopping by, I'll have an update tomorrow or the next day. Just need to upload pics

Update: day 41 veg
temps: 75-81°f
Humidity: 61%

Not a lot to talk about, Iv been waiting to feed her. It's been 7 days since the last time I fed her and the medium is still damp. 2 gallons of water did the trick. Here are some pics of my tuck job.
Day 39
20151020_075051.jpg
20151020_075751.jpg
20151020_075839.jpg

Day 41
20151021_081302.jpg
20151021_081741.jpg
20151021_081805.jpg

Back
Top Bottom