Double Visions - Indoor- 400W HPS - 3x3x7 - OG 18 - Skywalker OG - Blue Dream

no I take my up to 3 weeks in should be ok
cool so I will have some extra time if needed, I may wait till week 3 if that's what you do because we both do our plants on same schedule, 3 week veg :).

3 week update: The girls are getting their first 12 hours of dark right now and I can't wait for the lights to come on so I can see that first stretch. I will take picture and measure the new growth just to have a record of how much these 2 strains will stretch in flowering. It will give me a better idea if I can fit more or can't fit 4, also anyone in the future growing these plants will appreciate the info cause I could not find any grow Journals for these 2 strains, no forum discussion or anything really. Plus I love to take pictures haha. I will also be getting my clone dome today, I'll put a pic of that too

when I say 3 weeks I mean I take my clones up to 3 weeks into 12/12
yes i understand that, but from reading how you grow you also veg for 3 weeks like i do. all i was pointing out :] so i was saying ill wait probably till 3 weeks into flowering if that is what works best for you time wise. so i can veg for 3 week and pop em in the flower tent right when these are done. Thanks for the tips bro

3 week update part 2 pics: The lights came back on and i opened the tent to see how much growth i got for the first 12/12 under the hps. I really was not expecting much but they are nearly touching the net already! they grew about 2 inches in that first 12/12 cycle. The canopy is still pretty even but when i get to that net i will be doing very little low stress training on them maybe a loose zippy tie a on few branches to keep them where i want them. The light was placed 16 inches away from the plants, it is now 14 inches away. i will probably have to raise it tomorrow but temps are still in my target zone so i may not mess with it until that becomes an issue.
Today's temps
20150320_142902.jpg

Almost touching the net!
20150320_204125.jpg

because i like this view
20150320_204136.jpg

some branch action
20150320_204157.jpg

New clone dome
20150320_182024.jpg

where i will keep it
20150320_181822.jpg

New veg area, im going to put the reflective nylar or whatever its called on the walls in a few weeks
20150320_181915.jpg

Thanks it my first time so im already learning alot more. Did you use a HID light for the seedling?
this is only my second grow, I grow from clone tho. I don't have the patients for seeds :) you are a better man than I am haha. I use CFL for my clones and veg, 125w for the small clones and I add a second light to Bring it to 250w after maybe a week of veg. But from what I know little seedlings don't need much light.

Double vision i hear you buddy i will be keeping a mother from this run so i dont have to wait on them too. thanks i have been reading that too i just thought id ask see what your input was.

Double vision i hear you buddy i will be keeping a mother from this run so i dont have to wait on them too. thanks i have been reading that too i just thought id ask see what your input was.
yea man if you got the room for a nice big healthy plant seeds are awesome they get 25% bigger from what I hear, but in these little tents we don't got much room so with clones it cuts off like 2-3 weeks maybe more. I only veg for 3 weeks or 1 foot then it's time to flower. Most plants will triple their veg size so they come out about 3 feet or so. Good luck with the mother. I will be trying to do my own cloning this time. I normal go to a nice clone shop but it is a 2 hour drive. Hoping to save money on doing it myself.

Yes the tent really does not give us alot of room to work with. i quickly realized this, that's why i started to build a grow room. Work in progress!

i said to my self if Im going to do this do it right, not to mention beans are not the cheap and take for ever to get to you!

Yes the tent really does not give us alot of room to work with. i quickly realized this, that's why i started to build a grow room. Work in progress!

i said to my self if Im going to do this do it right, not to mention beans are not the cheap and take for ever to get to you!
Nice man, I wish I had that much space. I have my 3x3x7 for flowering and I just cleaned out my closet I got about 3x3x5 in there for veg, not much space buts it's all I really have to work with haha.

Update Day 2 Flowering: Yesterday i measured the plants to all be around 15 inches, today they are reaching 16-17 inches. A few of the tops are starting to touch the net and one big fan leaf decided he wanted to be king of the hill. They are already showing signs of sex and are doing great. The medium is still moist so i wont be feeding for another 2 days maybe. Ill be giving them their full strength of flowering nutrients. Picture time!
Todays temps.
20150321_180723.jpg

almost there
20150321_201613.jpg

king of the hill
20150321_201531.jpg

sexy ladies
20150321_202625.jpg

20150321_202221.jpg

20150321_201943.jpg

Its hard to believe how much noticeable growth that has happen in just 8 hours and they still got 3 hours of light today, more fan leaves are starting to pop over the net. a few tops are sticking their heads out. This is one of the most exciting times i think other than watching your flowers ripen, this first week there is going to be growth every day! and i'm sure once i feed them they are going to blast off. Ill probably do that in 15 hours from now, that will be when the lights first come on "morning" is normally when i feed them. i checked the medium again today and i think i can get another 15 hours out of it. soilless seems to be working out pretty good for me so far, iv had complete control over nutrients and feeding. Ill post pics and the new measurements tonight at lights on before i feed them.

Update day 3 Flowering: About 1 inch of growth over the last 24 hours, we have contact with the net and should be able to start some lst within the next few days. i am going to try and stop any training by week 2 or so. Today i fed full dose of nutrients as planed and we will see how they like the switch of the veg/flower nutes in a few days ! lets hope they like what i fed em. Nothing more to report. Here are the pics
Todays temps
20150322_185452.jpg

Flowering nutrients, i just refill those jugs with my tap water purifier and ph adjust it, normally its around 7 so i put about half a tsp of ph down and it brings it to 6-6.5 perfect every time.
20150322_203334.jpg

peeking out
20150322_201832.jpg

king of the hills got some competition now
20150322_201901.jpg

side view
20150322_201844.jpg

Cool trick i found on youtube. a regular pair of sunglasses
20150322_202934.jpg

can do this to hps lighting!
20150322_202923.jpg

20150322_202902.jpg

20150322_202910.jpg

nice job :high-five:

i always wanted to do the 4x4 scrog but my tent doesnt open from all sides and ill have a bad time seeing it through.

it will be intresting to watch how yours turn out, maybe ill reconsider and get a new tent

good luck with your garden :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom